Poison buff

I have an assassin that I rarely play anymore because of how much the poison ability blows. It feels like I’m playing on a rogue with no cloak half the time. Deca needs to make the aoe land faster, its not even possible to get poison damage in on bosses that die quickly. It’s honestly ridiculous. Opinions?

#Maybe
##you’re
###just
####using
#####it
######wrong

Haha how exactly would a person use it incorrectly

Its very much about timing, as someone with a 7/8 assassin ppe i can tell you its very much about learning enemy phases and it which point certain things happen like when o2 goes out of invincibility or when the shiatan head pops up. it already has 20% more raw dps than a rogue, and poison is not something you should expect to use on a chest since the chests usually die in 1 to 3 seconds. I’m all for an assassin buff, by all means make this class better, but if youre playing it as a rogue or a trickster, you’re playing it wrong. thats like complaining that a mystic is useless because it’s ability doesn’t behave in the same manner as a wizard’s spell or a necromancer’s skull. they’re just not the same.

An assassin is not a rogue or a trickster, it can dodge and go deep but it has no defensive options. So this is why it uses a poison. it is so that you can still attack while being farther away from the group than everyone else. of course it is useless on enemies that are killed fast, thats the reason you have 60 attack and not 50. I’m tired of people shitting on this class because they aren’t using it correctly.

To adapt a phrase, A skilled assassin can beat any knight.

Using it too late. Its a skilled class. You have to know the enemies patterns. People say “spam poison to get sb” but its not that easy. You have to time your shots, especially when the enemy has a short armored phase. As for chests, I hope you’re not using poison when you can actually output damage. Use it around 2 seconds before chest loses invulnerability.

EDIT: Ninja’d from above

If you’re having problems landing a poison on a chest, then the landed poison probably would have only gotten a tick of damage anyways, which turns out is pretty insignificant compared to dagger damage.

Except a knight manned by Henez or Kalle :stuck_out_tongue:

haha yeah but thats before pets

Think of it like this: all of the other abilities don’t require perfect timing. Because every other ability can be used Instantly.That’s why the ability sucks.

Pretty sure a 0/8 knight with a ravenheart and gold shield could beat an 8/8 topped assassin any day lol

But they require skill in other ways,

because thats like saying

Rogue sucks because you have to time the cloak uses,

Trickster suck because you have to aim the prism

Wizard sucks because you have to aim the spell bomb

There are many ways of using a class incorrectly, and it’s not even unique to assasin.

Ways to use assasin incorrectly:

Rushing

Trying to do melee when it’s dirty

Trying to do trick shots

Poisoning ppls God walls

Instakilling certain bosses

Shooting your poison when you know it’s going to hit the boss during an invul phase

Shooting a poison while unstable

Some are minor flaws, but others, if done consistently can make you think the class is so bad it needs a buff

Here are some other ways to use other classes incorrectly:

Mystic: stasising train (apparently it’s bad)

Ninja: closing the train (apparently its bad)

Warrior: s3lf buff1ng

Knight: ppeing

Rogue: over spawning (apparently its bad)

Trickster: sending decoys back behind the bridge to drag stone shit (apparently it’s bad)

You have to aim a poison and wait 1.5 seconds for it to actually do dmg. Hell, I could’ve blasted 4 sceptor shots by the time the poison actually hits. All abilities have 1 con, while poison has 2

then play sorc

Ah see. Now you get my point lol

yeah your point is youre bad at a class so you feel a need to tell everyone the class is bad so you can move on to one youre more comfortable with.

All I’m saying is the ability is literally terrible compared to every other one. Am I bad at the class? Yes. Why? Because the ability sucks! There is no timing skills required on any other ability. So don’t even start saying that’s what makes him “unique”, because it doesn’t. It makes it a tedious and utterly annoying class to play. And I’m not the only one saying the sin sucks, many other ppl would put it in their top 3 worse classes. Just look at the thread.

While many people put it as their TOP class because they actually know how to play it. Does it matter if YOU don’t know how to play it so automatically its bad? Assassin can get SB without its poison. If you think its shit, play another class.

Lets stay on topic here, this thread is about the poison, not the actual assassin. Of course an assassin can easily get sb without a poison. But anyways, Even skilled players will have a hard time utilizing the poison ability. At any event that gets steamrolled in the realm, the assassin is literally the first class that becomes completely useless because of the delay time for the poison to actually land. Literally I can name a use for every other ability in every dungeon where the boss gets steamrolled besides the poison. Assassin does require a lot of skill as you said, but even with skill, the poison can be completely useless at times.

This is a ridiculous point to bring up. Chests have a couple seconds of invulnerability allowing you to time it to hit as soon as it’s vulnerable. A better point would be that the chest gets steamrolled faster than the poison can make a difference, which I would agree with, but this applies to anything that can be steamrolled.

I’m pretty sure @Shatter (forgive me if it was someone else) made a good point about how the poison was balanced for a more slow paced gameplay, like realm used to be. The way realm is now, I would agree that the assassin isn’t a very exciting class, but it’s far from under powered. Poison damage completely ignores defense, has a range as far as you can see, can’t be blocked by minions, and allows for killing enemies after they’ve gone invulnerable. The assassin also has 75 speed and pretty decent dps with the dagger, when needed.

I wouldn’t be against a poison rework though.