Pokemon Thread

Shiny pichu

and no I don’t care that it’s the wrong thread dammit

22 SOS encounters and got it

The Achievement Thread
The Pokémon Thread v2
#1 player quit?
Meme Thread

lmao i have a box of shinies and the only one i got myself was a pichu i randomly encountered in my 2nd copy of platinum (i have 3 copies of platinum :^])

Any shiny legendaries me lad?

here’s some shit i set up back when i was active on pokemon showdown
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQHP8SFIovGp5nMGLvLKBmKKLzsNEmjmGi5AU4UslWAbgehfw-olQcDNOP2FuU5pUqHNld99wWtV4U0/pubhtml#

And I’m just sitting at my home without a 3DS, feeling sad.

I don’t have 3ds
I’m sad
I also don’t have pokemon mystery dungeon super (game)

I’m very sad

Wait, since the OP’s image is broken, which Pokemon Showdown are we talking about?

Screw it. This Thread is now about Pokemon Showdown. Not really into competitive, but really into battling. Looking for a hail team for OU. Tried to make one with Mega Abomasnow, Alola Sandslash, lapras, as core ice types, but I always end up getting rekt by fighting types. Others were chansey, alola 9tails, and Volcanion.

I’ll edit and explain their roles later

MegaAbomasnow is a mixed sweeper. Got Wood Hammer, Giga Drain, Ice Shard and Blizzard. Wanted to get some more coverage via EQ or the likes, but blizzard in hail sounds too good to pass up. Ev spread was HP and Attack. Will try a more dedicated special set soon.

Alolan Sandslash is a physical tank, especially with Aurora Veil. Helps with rapid spin too since the ream is basically weak to stealth rock. Other moves are super fang and knock off. Ev spread in HP and def. Huge weakness to fighting, which for a physical tank is horrible.

Lapras is supposed to be my physical wall breaker. Perish song, and whirlpool with rest to stall it out. Again, weakness to fighting makes lapras a poor physical tank.

Alolan 9tails as scarfed blizzard. Got moonblast, psyshock too. I think the last move was shadowball.

Volcanion was used to counter Scizor. Flamethrower and general resistance towards scizor’s deadliest moves, save for superpower. Had will o wisp, flamethrower, steam eruption, protect.

Chansey… Was supposed to be a freeze hax. I misread secret power and thought that the secondary effect would instead be freeze in hail (it’s actually snow and ice terrain). Serene grace pumps it into 60%. Had seismic toss, wish and protect to save it from death.

can help. alotails should not be scarf blizzard: on a hail team without an icy rock, you will lose offensive momentum much faster when hail wears off in effectively 3-4 turns rather than 5-6. also consider using aurora veil on alotails rather than sandslash: you lose even more momentum having to switch to set it up. forgoing aurora veil on sandslash frees up a moveslot for something like iron head or EQ that could be useful as coverage. also since hail is a much more offensive playstyle than defensive (and that you should have veil up anyways) move the ev’s in hp and def over to atk and spe.

as a scizor counter, volcanion isn’t completely necessary; while you do need a counter to steeltypes in general, certain pokemon do it much better than volcanion. an example of this would be magnezone. in general this is a list of stuff you need to look out for this team:

• overreliance on ice types
  • incredibly weak to steel types in general, particularly ferrothorn, kart, and mega scizor
  • absolutely do not use chansey: it has a weakness to hail on a team overreliant on it, and stacks fighting type weaknesses which your team also needs a way to deal with
  • certain cores you absolutely have to look out for: zardx/y + koko, volc + rotom w, etc…

yeah im not super up to date on ou but i have enough confidence to say this. peace.

and btw i’ll probably be on rom.psim.us, i’m online pretty often although i have about 27 different alts that i use equally so ur gonna have a pain in the ass finding me.

I see… Currently the team isn’t THAT reliant with weathers, especially with weathers lasting 5-8 turns, effectively 3-6 as you said since a veil usually follows. Might go specially bulky on alolan 9tails. It never has hit that hard anyways. Depending on the team dynamic at the end, I might stick light clay instead.

Sandslash going physical sweeper would change the group dynamic too, though it also increases reliance on hail… Perhaps a scarf is in order? It loses out on sweeping capabilities, though…

It’s true that volcanion isn’t the best counter… But magnezones can’t stand fighting types too much as well. Now that I think about it, it’s pretty decent at dealing with the steel type weakness… I’ll find a working set. Most likely physical wall with hidden power fire. If not, maybe a bulky special hitter. Volt switch, discharge, flash cannon, and HP fire. Electrium Z sounds fun, though I’ll need to check on the power there.

I’ll see if I can find a good rock attacker for those pokemon. Thinking about a band cincinno, or shell smash cloyster with rock blast, again depending on the final group. Rock moves are inaccurate, but they seem to deal with the threats you mentioned moderately. Ground attack seems quite needed too, do EQ on Sandslash might do it, and if not a Mammoswine should.

A good fairy tank might be what I need for the general fighting weakness, though some of them pack bullet punch as well. Fairy types tend to be special walls too, so that can be a problem for bullet punching fighting types.

Lol, can’t really do that rn, but I hope we can spar sometime soon with the new hail team!

the main problem with the team is not that it is reliant on hail, but that there are far too many ice types. i get that it’s a hail team, but having so many ice types hurts the team synergy tremendously. the performance of the team is largely dependent on the tier, but with ou being a tier heavily centralized around steel or fire types, having too many ice types will lower the teams effectiveness by a huge amount.

nononoo never scarf: jolly life orb outspeeds the entire relevant metagame, most scarfers included. (this is assuming slush rush is up tho)

volcanion is almost detrimental to the team as of yet: with a team already weak to the likes of koko, as well as common coverage such as ground and rock, stacking weaknesses is highly detrimental. if nothing, a defensive counter would be skarm with all its resistances and physical bulk, but then you would lack offensive steel type counterplay and stacks yet another fire weakness. heatran is actually very good for this team: the magma storm trapping set, timid rocks, whatever, it fits very nicely in place of volcanion. it even has the trapping + groundium set to deal with toxapex.

as of rn, this lacks a true switching to strong electric types - switching out to abomasnow has an inherent risk due to the fact that it’s the only resist on your team. this eases prediction on the opp side, allowing them to get a free ko or gain more offensive momentum with pivoting. imo, the stuff you should think about are scarf lando/ttar/nihilego or even a gliscor (which helps with the fighting weakness as well).

especially on this team, chansey is dead weight. you could potentially replace it with plenty of stuff: defensive slowbro is a niche pick, but has plenty of survivability and brings useful resistances to the table. tapu fini especially would be a nice pick, because if you were to forgo rapid spin on sandslash, you could just as easily put it on fini. also note that it has the same set of useful resists as slowbro.

I knew this thread would come.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.