Official Thread: Polish and Balancing

On Testing

Fixes

• Fixed decoys getting stuck on certain locations.
  • Fixed decoys not having the owner’s skin applied.
  • Fixed targeted grenades and tossed objects ignoring decoys.
  • Fixed poison damage color not accurately representing armor pierce.
  • Fixed missing HP bars for Haunted Cemetery statues Fate and Glory.
  • Fixed throw time error in the Trap of the Vile Spirit tool tip.
  • new Potential fix for dead ends in the Forbidden Jungle, Snake Pit, Puppet Master’s Theatre and Candyland Hunting Grounds

We finally have a fix for the issue where objects and enemies get stuck at certain locations or seemingly on each other - this one affects a lot! Please test trickster decoys, manipulating enemies with loot bags (Shatters for example), random Tomb Ancient dancing (rip), Explosive Barrels getting stuck on bags and anything else you can think of. In general, there should no longer be any invisible blockers that mess with object and enemy movement.

UI

• new Fixed new Friends button overlapping with the mini map.
  • new Fixed Gold error when attempting a name change on a new account.
  • Fame Overview: fixed calculation errors and added missing stats.
  • Fame Overview: completed dungeons now have their own tab with icons.
  • Daily Quest: added tabs (Quests/Events) and visual cleanup. Quests can also offer a choice now.
  • Disabled moving background on the main menu to drain performance less and improve loading times.

Quality of Life

• updated Curse indications are back! Curse now changes the enemy’s glow and no longer conflicts with Stasis. new Disabled outline change for now.
  • updated When an Encounter spawns, all players that fulfill its level requirement get a quest update. new Now works for all Encounters.
  • HP Bar options have been extended from Off/On to Off/All/Enemy/Self&Enemy/Self/Ally. The hotkey will only toggle between Off/All, always to Off if any other option is selected.
  • new Expanded Force EXP option: Off/On/Self
  • new Expanded Fame/HP/MP bar text options: Off/All/Fame/HP&MP
  • new New toggle hotkey for Ally Projectiles (default N, under Graphics)
  • new New toggle hotkey for Particle Master (default M, under Graphics)
  • new New toggle option for Curse indication (under Experimental)

Balancing

Poisons

General: impact damage, lower duration for faster damage, faster throws and slight MP cost decrease.

• new Fixed impact not dealing damage.
  • new Gave Murky its own colors.
  • updated Plague: reverted MP Cost change (75 -> 80), increased throw time back to old poison standard (0.8 -> 1.5) to balance out the massive radius. new Reverted radius change.
  • Tool tips have been adjusted with more info.
Poison Tier MP Impact Damage Throw Time Duration Dmg/MP Dmg/Sec
Centipede Poison 0 -5 +30 -0.7 -2 +1 +10
Spider Venom 1 -5 +50 -0.7 -2.2 +0.69 +15.11
Pit Viper Poison 2 -5 +80 -0.7 -2.4 +0.52 +22.19
Stingray Poison 3 -10 +110 -0.7 -2.6 +0.98 +28.22
Felwasp Toxin 4 -10 +140 -0.7 -2.8 +0.87 +33.33
Nightwing Venom 5 -10 +180 -0.7 -3 +0.82 +40
Baneserpent Poison 6 -10 +200 -0.7 -3 +0.82 +35.56
Plague Poison -5 +16.7
Murky Toxin -5 +150 -0.7 +0.3 -37.5
Holly Poison -10 +200 -0.7 -3 +0.82 +35.56

Prisms

General: faster decoys, decoys last longer and offensive prisms are more useful.

• new Fixed Heart of Gold Prism behavior and particle effect.
  • new Decreased default maximum distance for all Decoys (10 -> 8).
  • Decoy speed now increases with tiers, making it reach its destination sooner. 25% faster at T6.
  • updated Prism of Dire Instability has highly increased decoy speed (1.0 -> 1.5) and more projectiles (12 -> 15) with increased range (4.2 -> 4.5 tiles) which now also hit multiple enemies. new Decreased duration further (2.4 -> 2.0), decreased distance from 10 to 7.
  • Ghostly Prism has highly increased damage (40-90 -> 360-500 per explosion, 6 total) and explosions are slightly larger (2.4 -> 2.8) and less spread out (1.6 -> 1.2).
  • Tool tips have been adjusted with more info.
Prism Tier Duration Speed Distance Total Damage
Decoy Prism 0 +1 -2
Deception Prism 1 +1 +0.05 -2
Illusion Prism 2 +1 +0.1 -2
Hallucination Prism 3 +1.5 +0.15 -2
Prism of Figments 4 +2 +0.2 -2
Prism of Phantoms 5 +2.5 +0.25 -2
Prism of Apparitions 6 +2.5 +0.25 -2
Prism of Dancing Swords +1 +0.1 -2
Ghostly Prism -0.8 -2 +2190
Prism of Dire Instability -1 +0.5 -3 +780
Brain of the Golem +1 -2
Ornamental Prism +2.5 +0.25 -2
Heart of Gold Prism +1 -0.1 -2

Dirk of Cronus

• Rate of Fire: 100% -> 90%
  • updated Damage: 105-210 -> 130-250 new +10 max dmg
  • Wisdom Bonus: 4 -> 6
  • Range: 4.48 -> 4.5

Etherite Dagger

• new Rate of Fire: 109% -> 110%
  • new Damage: 115-215 -> 110-215
  • new Shot Speed: 190 -> 160
  • new Range: 3.99 -> 3.84

New Etherite vs. New CDirk: https://i.imgur.com/0GGTLl0.png

Fame Bonus and Feed Power

• Resurrected Warrior’s Armor: 4% -> 5%, 500 -> 900
  • Plague Poison: 4% -> 6%, 450 -> 1000
  • Doku No Ken: 4% -> 5%, 500 -> 800
  • Tablet of the King’s Avatar: 5% -> 6%
  • Spectral Cloth Armor: 2% -> 5%

Magic Woods Mystic Set
What changed in public testing?

There goes one of the bigger downsides to using spectral

What about ASS :frowning:

Nice, looking forward to testing tonight.

Running it on Pfiffel though, the Cdirk still gets outdamaged by the etherite up until a little over 100 def, I think the 4 vit and wis (or maybe just wis?) should be removed from the etherite to make CDirk a bit more special with its 6 wis. Otherwise many players would still just use the etherite, as half a tile of range on a class like the rogue is negligible.

83 posts were merged into an existing topic: Megathread: connection and registration issues

Wait. Did dancing swords get nerfed relative to the other prisms? Otherwise, nice assasin update. Trickster update is better then I thought it woudl be :smiley:

We already did remove vit and wis from Etherite, the site is outdated.

Did you verify the email?

id say make the magic woods boss shots smaller, especially the first phase. they look like ice tomb shots but really only do 60 damage

Personally, I don’t think daggers need a buff. Now, with all of their abilities fixed, assasin, trickster, and rouge each have a powerful unique ability which, at least in my opinion, makes up for the lack of damage on their daggers. Also, I personally think that all the teired daggers are already okay as they are though I don’t play dagger class that often and when I do i generally use etherite

I made an account, but boy did i rage while i was trying to get it all set up and ready. I wasted most of my names just while trying to log in because i was getting a “Account has more than 1 alive characters! Connection failed! Retrying…” Let’s say i got a bit mad. Then i made myself an account with an email i haven’t used, verified and so far it’s working well. My name’s Yoloskier, so you can PM me all your hate.

Initially we planned to do LH 2.0 for our first public test run, but decided to try it this way first. In that case characters will start out differently.

For this run though, we aren’t testing an end game dungeon. For the other changes you will find testing helpers in boxes later (in a few hours, most likely).

Ok cool i can kinda assume what that means but hey i wanna know bout that buff of a certain legendary dagger

:slight_smile:

A post was split to a new topic: What about bots?

great i must of misread that, i can’t wait to see what testing turns into.

These are from Floflorians video so if you want to see that here it is

Screenshot (70)
Screenshot (71)
Screenshot (72)
Screenshot (73)

It also drops this
Screenshot (69)

from the video it also drops dex and spd but of course i assume these are subject to change because its testing just wanted to showcase it though

People complain about mystic stasising.

Design an orb with an even longer stasis, and no curse.

#logic

Maybe this is why we need testing :laughing:

Edit: the set has its own discussion thread if wanting to comment specific on the items:

I mean, it could be good for rushing?

4 posts were split to a new topic: Cafe con leche?

Etherite still outclasses dirk… maybe make it 100% rate of fire?