Politics ( ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡°) 2, Electric Boogaloo

impeachment or conviction , when politicians are handling the justice surrounding a fellow politician, corruption, bias and a over lack of justice are sure to occur

like the trail of Charles I, being put on trial by anti monarchist Oliver Cromwell and being defend by monarchy loyalist

kangaroo court

of course, which is why I hate the government and want to keep my guns and rights as a citizen of the US of A baby. Power breeds corruption.

The only real way to keep the government in check is to have a militantly vigilant people (not even half of Americans vote) or to keep the government in fear of the populace (firearms, free speech, human rights) and not allow it to oppress the people of said nation.

I can’t tell if you’re refering to assassination or think civilist with handguns stand even the slightest chance against the us military

trust me no goverment fears its people having guns, freedom of speech or human rights, they have the army if they want to crush them.

They will however might take away those rights to increase their power but guns and freedom of speech can not really curve corruption

I cant speak for every military and all soldiers but most former and currently military members will back their government in a fight

especially if it is oppressive and Conservative and there has never been an oppressive government that was not conservative. To add onto this the military breeds people to be conservative and be intensely loyal to the government. so these things go hand and hand

I think the best way to curb corruption is by a much larger distribution of power, like for instance the united states could have more then 2 political parties like many other countries around the world. Also the idea of a president has never really made sense to me, any form of centralized power like that.

The roman government before it became an empire is actually a good example of a good distribution of power of course it would have to be strongly revised for modern times but its a nice point of reference to look at

I’d like to introduce you to technology, making this line of reasoning irrelevant since the 1920s

When have your guns ever prevented your politicians from lying to you and manipulating you?

What is your freedom of speech really worth if all you ever use it for is to post dumb shit on Twitter?

Handguns, no. Long rifles, yes. Gun ownership in America is insane my friend. Everyone and their uncle owns a firearm.

You’re not from America, pretty sure you can’t speak to the general attitude of the military here. I can say with a high level of confidence, if the government ordered the US military to fire on citizens, there would be a more than significant amount of desertion.

Completely erroneous assertion. For example, in Russia, it is illegal to speak “disrespectfully” of Putin, and people have been jailed for criticizing him publically or putting on displays. This is what a lack of freedom of speech leads to. Censorship and government control of what you see and hear.

What need is there to control you if you’re already too limited to rebel? Look at what you’re saying here: you can only repeat the same clichés everyone has heard a billion times like “guns good government bad”, you can’t actually think for yourself and question them.

And I’m asking again: what good have your guns actually done for you, politically? Do you have even one example of a time the armed militia has actually forced politicians to do anything?

No idea why the others went for that angle, it’s all a completely moot point anyway since it’ll never come to that.

Virginia rally. Huge movements to reverse the gun laws that have been passed. There will be more in Arizona as well within the next few months. Rallies in Alaska that prevented gun restrictions and laws being passed. The movement has serious political clout.

Guns don’t FORCE politicians to do anything. They deter them from doing stupid shit.

due to personal reasons I will not be accepting any further comments besides this next one

That’s not really what I meant though. If Congress tried to outlaw videogames for example there’d be a similar outrage, that doesn’t mean that videogames by themselves have an impact on politics.

For deterrence to work you need to have a credible threat. Do you really think you can threaten politicians with a civil war and have any amount of credibility?

I don’t know man, it’s looking less like your armed militia thing is working and more like they’re letting you have your guns like toys to keep you pacified.

Ya know, this comment made me want to be honest.

I despise government. It’s never of the people. The government is always an elite class that has near total control over the populace.

I feel more and more that citizens are out of the loop when it comes to legislation. It doesn’t really matter what you want, as long as your congressman or representative wants it, you’ll get it. It drives me nearly insane (as you can see) that I have little to no impact, politically, even though I am incredibly politically involved in my local community, and nationally.

You’re right. What happens when the govt passes a law we don’t like? Will we peacefully display in the streets? What’ll that do? Will we put on armed displays in the streets? What’ll that do? A civil war isn’t really feasible. The average American is so complacent they barely even vote.

So yes, I have been living in delusions of grandeur. In my defense, my community is very involved in demonstrations and local politics, but I have maybe turned a purposeful blind eye to the rest of the nation.

yes, but your miltary has tanks and airplanes

except in the most constructed scenarios, it doesn’t matter if the population is armed or not: Either you get what you want peacefully or you lose

Basically, if people don’t like you using guns to do stuff they’ll shoot you

That already puts you ahead of the curve.

The problem with the fetishizing of violence (armed militia, armed revolution, etc…) is that it gets in the way of real political action. If you already understand the value of keeping yourself informed and being politically active then you’re already way better than all the chucklefucks roleplaying as revolutionaries these days.

lot to unpack here

well first of all here me explain a few things about the military that are true no mater what country you are in, the only thing special about the American military is its size and budget

99.99999% of people do not join the military with the goal in mind the defend the general welfare of the citizens of the country of which they belong to

They mostly join because that is the only option they believe themselves to have in life either because all their family is in it, they cant handle or go a higher form of education their country requires or other reasons that lead them right into the military.

Now let me get to the brainwashing part of the military. This has always been the goal and aim of the military but in the modern world it is done far more effectively then ever before. The best kind of solider is a solider that will never question his orders. This is what every government in the world warps the minds of people to do.

The kill rate in the military (the rate at which soliders actually shoot me they are aiming at)

a great video on the subject

the rate of people who shoot to the kill is the largest in the us military and actually has immensely risen since even the Vietnam war. This is because many things that the military uses to mold the minds of the soldiers into perfect killers, some people do not want to hear this but it is true.

Another thing about you saying they would not fire on a crowd. Things tend to indicate other things, if im am bleeding and coughing blood its fair to say that i am dying or in bad shape at least.

If the US Government is asking its military to shot a crowd clearly they are at a point in time and state that is different then the current one and in that case the military will 100% compile and kill whoever they are asked to.

most authoritarian government in the world that overthrows the previous government does so with the military. Military coups are the vast majority of reasons governments change vs citizen based rebels

An incident to bring up

clearly you have too much faith in your government and lack of understanding of the mentality that is present in the any military around the world.

A bunch of maniacs with guns does nothing at all, the government in no way or form every fears mountain people toting their peashooters around.

It always confuses me why Americans are so obsessive about their guns? and they believe that owning guns is some massively important right to their freedom? Guns change nothing besides giving you the massive murder rate you have

My country has a massive gun ownership rate that is actually comparable to America and when it came time to overthrow the communist government we dident use those guns.

and when the soviets invaded because we did want to be their communist puppet anyone we also did not use those guns.

If you have to use a mass of people with guns to change something, the outcome down the line in all likeliness wont be good

100% true, peace or violence that is all you can do.

How did the communist regime end in my country, peacefully that is how and now we are better off then any other former soviet satellite state.
how did it end in Romania, Yugoslavia and for the soviet union. Violently that is how and look at them now?

How was Saddam over thrown? what about any dictator in Africa.

Violence rarely leads to any sustainable peace.

Taking to the streets with guns is exact opposite of what you want to do, history shows very strongly that such ideas never pan out in a good direction.

again my country ending communist and splitting apart into the Czech republic and Slovakia all without anyone being shot and killed.

if you have millions of people flood the capital in protest you will have change, surely the American people could manage that if they wanted to

revolutions are always better on paper

I’d like to see people protest against tanks.
Spoilers: 1989 massacre

Now imagine planes, chemical weapons, bio weapons, nukes, land mines, rocket launchers, flamethrowers, and other military equipment.

Which is why I despise the concept of government. Your only choice is to ask nicely, and submit to statute 2.141.424c, citizen, or I will be forced to employ forceful measures.

“IEDs are generally seen in heavy terrorist actions or in asymmetric unconventional warfare by insurgent guerrillas or commando forces in a theatre of operations. In the second Iraq War, IEDs were used extensively against US-led invasion forces and by the end of 2007 they had become responsible for approximately 63% of coalition deaths in Iraq.[1] They are also used in Afghanistan by insurgent groups, and have caused over 66% of coalition casualties in the 2001–present Afghanistan War.[2]

Gonna drop a quick yikes on that statement.

Really? You think the US Government would employ bio weapons and nukes against the populace? You might be right, but you’re probably wrong.
Aircraft would be a serious problem. As would some chemical weapons, but a lot can be avoided by having a simple filtration system.
Also, flamethrowers? Really? These are like, the least effective weapon the military has access to. Maybe you should like, stop reading Quora articles about how cruel and deadly the flamethrower is.

Not trump

Yes trump