Politics ( ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡°)

Pregnancy considered a medical condition because if you don’t go to a hospital to give birth (or get an abortion) you have like a 15% chance of complications.

All school shootings are pre-meditated, and you don’t need more than 1 gun (right now) to off an entire classroom of kids

Stupid decision, instead of giving all of the teacher’s guns we should have more security personnel.

Based on how many of the teachers act in my school it wouldn’t be hard at all for a student they like to get the gun if they wanted.

Fortunately, “premeditated” does not necessarily mean “thoroughly planned by an intelligent and functional adult”.

I’m not saying you guys don’t need to do anything about mass shooters, just that you need to accurately represent your case if you want your arguments to work.

We can’t base our policy on the assumption that all school shooters will be idiots.

If they have the chance to plan, we should assume they have a viable plan

You should, however, probably base it on the assumption that they’re mentally/socially fucked up and that proper care would probably have prevented it all.

Of course, but we can’t assume that being mentally fucked up will make them plan poorly.

Yes but not every mentall fucked up person expresses being mentally fucked up so hwo would you determine who needs the proper care and who does not?

Edit: Sorry to much text and I have no idea what context is.

Would you be opposed to an abortion after 25 weeks?

After 25 weeks it’s probably only for life-or-death situations and other serious medical issues that pop up.

How can something be dead, if it wasn’t at some point, alive?

That’s the point. It’s not alive (at least by medical standards, you COULD argue that all cells have life, but then I’d call you hitler for murdering billions/trillions of bacteria).

There is a difference between cells that will eventually become a human and bacteria.

Would you pull the plug on your brain-dead child if you knew they would be perfectly fine in a couple of months?

Is there really?

The cells can only become a human by taking the woman’s nutrients, and the woman has the ultimate choice on how her body is treated.

Would you force someone to donate their kidney (to someone who only has and will cause them pain) even if they didn’t want to?

Then why did she get pregnant in the first place (excluding rape).

No, a kidney isnt as important as a fetus

Would you pull the plug on your brain-dead child if you knew they would be perfectly fine in a couple of months?

a) Can I even afford to pay around 3000 dollars a day?
b) Brain-dead = no recovery. They’re dead. Unless keeping a corpse breathing matters that much to you.

I feel like you’re going to bring up the bible when you say this, but… why does this matter?

Why do people who are injured in war get treated? Do they not deserve to be treated because they chose (or not chose if drafted) to fight?
I know fighting for our country isn’t on the same scale as this, but it really doesn’t matter.

So something that you only have 2 of from birth isnt as important as something you can create consistently.

Edit: Wait are you saying kidneys aren’t important?
Having a kidney is about as important as having your liver.

Well, if you give birth children, you can steal one of their kidneys…

srry, I have to sleep :sleeping:
Hopefully we can continue this discussion soon.

I really hope you’re joking.

correction, being brain dead doesn’t always mean you are actually dead, only legally dead. so you can still have a functioning organ system, but still have little brain activity.

…?

A CORPSE CANT BREATH BECAUSE IT’S ACTUALLY DED, WHILE SOMEONE WHO IS BRAIN DEAD IS STILL LIVING BECAUSE OF THE CORE BRAIN STEM STILL FUNCTIONING, KEEPING VITAL ORGANS OPORATIONAL.

the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell.

o