Politics ( ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡°)

look if you want my honest opinion, i fully support government funded abortion. i have very liberal/millenialised political opinion however, but thats just my 2 cents

Ok lads, it was fun but now it’s time for me to dip. Had a sick time!

Cya, and thanks for the discussion.

We’re talking about zygotes here, but the fact that a fetus CAN become a human is irrelevant. It’s a group of cells. It can only grow into a human because of the mother’s support, whether that support is willing or not is the topic of abortion.

just wait until we get to gun control

bad formatting 0/10

Abolish the 2nd amendment REEEEE

There is no such thing as a clean war. There is no such thing as a medical professional who never loses any patient.

If you don’t understand that, again, don’t bother.

And who’s going to grant them that opportunity? You?

You have the same problem as CandyShi: you’re talking about this from the perspective of someone who’s completely uninvolved.

Reminds me of that one time I had a discussion about it with CadeH. I’m not sure this thread would fare any better. :frowning_face:

If abolishing the 2nd amendment results in less people dying, I would be all for it. But I want some gun buyback policies for dat cash monies.

Nah sorry, YOU gotta pay back the government for taking away yer guns silly.

Aw shucks, this is why we need guns to fight against government tyranny, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I like discussing politics but US politics is toxic especially with the two party system and ignorant people acting like they’re knowledgable, causing bigotry and needless divisions…

I hate taking sides especially with all this tribalism because if your political views is close to a certain party such as pro-gun freedom, then you’ll be labeled as a Republican, which I think the two party system is a failure.

Arguing on the other hand is exhausting and I am not an argumentative person.

I would consider myself an enviromentalist at most just because I want to protect the ecosystem and I have a soft spot for animals. Also I’m not crazy like PETA and I find environmental terrorism such as using an explosive to a dam to be too radical to my taste…

Almost everything Trump says, I’m against.

Ironically enough, I’m working on my gun control essay.

@ThatsMyJam I’m curious on how you would fund, what sacrifices you have to make, and solve immigration from planes considering approximately 40% of all illegal immigration in the U.S. is from overstayed vacations.

build the wall high enough to stop the planes eZ

/s

Why stop there? we can build a giant dome, and make not only Mexico pay for it, but also the European Union!
#BuildTheDome
#MakeMexicoAndEuropePay

Let’s say your girlfriend is pregnant. She doesn’t want the baby. She is considering an abortion.

Situation 1: Your girlfriend decides to keep the baby, spending a negligible amount of nutrition and having an annoying and painful 9 months of pregnancy. She finds that after she has spent these 9 long, hard months, she becomes connected to the baby on a level only mothers and children can go through. She keeps the baby. She now enslaves herself to the Devil that is the raising of another human being. Humanity +1, Happiness -.

Situation 2: Your girlfriend decides to keep the baby, spending a negligible amount of nutrition and having an annoying and painful 9 months of pregnancy. She finds that after she has spent these 9 long, hard months, she contributes the pain to the baby and can’t live within a 10 yard radius of that horrid thing. She gives it up for adoption. It goes to a friendly family that had decided to adopt instead of creating their own. Humanity +1, Happiness -1.

Situation 3: Your girlfriend decides to abort the baby, spending a considerable amount of money on the abortion. She goes on with her happy life with her 7 boyfriends and uncle. Every once in a while she thinks of the baby she could have had. She may or may not have regrets, but her loving uncle helps her get through it whether or not she wants/needs his help. Humanity -, Happiness +1.

Don’t know why I did this but here you go.

What is it with you guys and associating abortion with giant sluts? It’s like you believe there are only two types of women: those who only ever have sex once married and those who fuck ten guys on average every day. Nothing in-between.

That seems a bit too idyllic of a vision to be true. Not to mention:

You’re forgetting how a pregnancy could impact a woman’s life. What about studies? What about work?

You’re also forgetting that a pregnancy is not without risks, and neither is giving birth.

And again: completely sidestepping issues such as unwanted teen pregnancy, rape-induced pregnancy, or single mothers.

It’s literally never experienced anything at that point, I’m pretty sure it doesn’t even has the ability to give a shit at that point.

On situation 3: I’m pretty sure the cost of abortion could be subsided with planned parenthood or paying the cost which in most states only cost around 400 dollars. Not that much considering, if you don’t go through an abortion, having and raising the kid yourself is much more costly.

not no mention the physical strain you have to go through during the pregnancy and after the pregnancy, people tend to leave that completely out of the conversation. Especially if they say “just put it up for adoption!”

Please read the post it was replied to first.

The people who dont take the time to use one of many birth control products either dont deserve or shouldnt be doing sex. A teen that has parents that dont want them to have sex shouldn’t have sex. A person that doesnt want a baby but yet chooses to have sex unprotected is the definition of a slut.

Correct.

These are hard concepts to completely cover in one post. Perhaps laws on abortion only for rape or teen pregnancy are needed.

muh religion xddd

In all seriousness, I have a religious opinion but not a particularly secular one. So I’ll refrain.
(Except for abortions for mothers with life threatening things due to the baby, yeah that sucks and grosses me out but you take a life either way so…)