Politics ( ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡°)

So you make one mistake and your life is over? Seems reasonable.

And again: it’s ridiculously easy for a man to take advantage of a woman and leave. Is that the woman’s choice then? Is that her fault?

You can make all the laws you want: only thing you’re going to change is whether abortions are done at a hospital or with a coat hanger.

Abortions, done with a coat hanger?!
What?!

Woah bit extreme. Just because people will do it with other ways without the law doesn’t necessarily mean it needs to be legal. Murder is wrong so it’s illegal, but I’m sure it doesn’t really matter either or, for if you are mental enough to kill someone, you probably don’t care for the law.

a day in and this thread hasn’t imploded on itself yet, woo!

(Also, RMGnoob was probably being hyperbolic with the coat hanger thing, but he has a point. if hospital abortions are outlawed, people will still get abortions, but it will be much less safe and more detrimental in the long run.)

Difference being that most women willing to go as far as performing abortions on themselves or by shady means are not psychopaths, just completely desperate.

It’s as I said in a previous post: rich women will go to foreign countries or ask one of their doctor friends while poor women will have to find some crook willing to help them or get more creative.

This isn’t a hypothetical. We’ve had centuries of abortion being outlawed.

This has to be fake ://

How many democrats does it take to change a light bulb

None. They only talk about change.

How many republicans does it take to change a light bulb

None. They are afraid of change, even if it makes the world a brighter place.

Just to revive this thread Ima put out a question:

What do you think of political influence and commentary inside of media?

I sincerely doubt fictional media has nearly as much political influence as Youtube critics would like you to believe.

Non-fictional media, on the other hand, is more likely to have actual impact, or at least contribute to the current climate.

CNN and Fox are fictional news.

those are nothing

Look up Chinese and Russian state run media, news outlets which the chinese and russian people for the most part believe

these news stations makes CNNs slogan “the most trusted name in news” seem true

Yeah, government run propagandized “news outlets” are honestly terrifying

They’re heavily biased but at least they’re still doing some of the legwork.

If internet news sites take over and everything becomes retarded blog posts written by some asshat who did zero research, you’re going to miss the good old days of Fox and CNN.

OAN. It’s the only reliable non biased and mainstream news source I can find.

I don’t miss Fox and CNN because I don’t read or watch anything from them, at all, ever.

Eh, “Journalists” like timpool are pretty creditable and I hell internet political channels like his are how I usually get interesting news and find articles, as I do not trust CNN or FOX that much in that regard. Moreover, there’s already a massive amount of shitty blog posts on the internet lol (Just look at Vox, everyday Feminist, the daily stormer sorta, and some other shitty sites no one cares about).

It’s always good to get two perspectives of a situation though, which is why I like political youtuber channels, because even if they say stuff I don’t agree with, I can atleast say they are probably being honest about their opinion, instead of being some fake cardboard cutout telling me what I want to hear.

No such thing as an unbiased network in the US.

In general, even outside of the US, getting all your news from a single source is a recipe for disaster.

All they do is comment on news and articles somebody else made. Youtube political channels very rarely do any kind of research or investigative journalism.

A shitty vlog is just a shitty blog post in video form. Don’t kid yourself, there is no difference between the two.

This is exactly the reason why video game companies have been investing into Youtubers for a while, and also why political parties are increasingly following suit: because they’ve realized that people like you will fall for this fallacy.

Youtubers are exactly as likely to lie to you for personal profit as anybody else. You’re delusional if you think some guy who gets paid thousands of dollars a month to REEEE on Youtube has any more credibility or integrity than the average Fox News anchor.

And look where that has gotten them, ridicule and mockery because people see through corporate façade and blatant manipulation.

Well obviously, that’s why I said probably. And I’m not as mentally retarded as you might think I am (EVEN THOUGH I DO HAVE AN IQ OF ATLEAST 20). Because of course youtubers will fucking lie for money, just look at some of the more popular channels, and those “Self Help” channels. And it’s especially obvious when controversy starts and they get outed. Because they’ll usually do the following:

they get called out on their shit, they throw a tantrum and attempt to hide the evidence like cowards, just like any other faggoty idiot in business who gets shat on for being massively wrong or stupid.

And when I said political youtuber channels I mean more smaller ones that either don’t do it for money or have very little money coming in donation wise (and what’s the point in doing youtube for money without a patreon anyway, you barely get shit from youtube now), Mainy because it’s a no brainer that those massive political channels like MTV are simply sperg puppets who vomit garbage into peoples’ ears and spin narratives, Gaming channels that constantly promote games are obviously bought out to shill for those games, because money money (and maybe because they actually like the game).

“HeY GUYS HaVe YOu HE ARd Of WorRld OF WArShiPs?”

I think he/she/it/rock means a source that’s as unbiased as possible, since it’s very unlikely you’ll ever find a 100% unbiased news source ever.

The only reason we know this for a fact is because shit got leaked. Nobody would have seen through it if that didn’t happen.

Also you overestimate the value of online mockery. Why do you think EA is still in business? I’ll tell you why, it’s because you can post all the memes you want on /v/ and Reddit and wherever else, as long as you keep buying their products at the end of day none of it matters.

Again, you’re falling for the fallacy of “I’m just a little guy, I’m just an average Joe like you”.

Just because someone presents themselves as some rebel fighting the good fight against the big bad mainstream media doesn’t mean they’re right or genuine in any way.