Politics ( ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡°)

Definitely not arguing about the environment not being important, just hate how she uses it as not only her main mission, but mostly as a crutch to make it seem like her idea’s are well thought out and meaningful ://

I’m not in touch with every person in congress, AOC just gets a lot of media coverage. I guess he must be pretty bad too tho lol.

I completely agree with this, we just need a much different approach to the problems we have.

McCarthy was a senator in the 1950s.

He started an (ACTUAL) witchhunt.
Basically: You accuse someone of being a “communist” with no proof. In order for that person to prove their loyalty, they need to name, say, 10 other communists.

And you can see where this was going/went.

People only realized his bullshit when he accused the Army of being run by communists; nobody messes with muh murican military

Lol was that during the red scare or something.

Also if you’re able to name more communists than someone else, how does that make you less of a communist lol.

m u r i c a

I did mention he was full of shit right?

It was mainly used as a political maneuver against his political enemies, the entirety of Hollywood, etc. People also used it to get rid of their own person enemies by “turning them in”.

If you want a parallel to this, I suggest you read “The Crucible”.

It’s a play about the Salem witch hunts, written during the Red Scare.

My Murica

The guy sounds like a pathological liar tho, definitely shouldn’t even have a seat in any branch of government tbh.

Very concerning campaign promises :joy:

Ohhhh I read the crucible in English class! That was such a cool story. We even drew comparisons to the red scare, I guess that’s how I remembered the event.

I can’t remember her name but the main chick that lied about everything was a hoe lol.

He wasn’t idiotic though, just a power-hungry asshole.

I don’t even know if I can agree with you because I have no idea what she has actually done.

Every time I see people talk about her it’s “look how she was in highschool”, “look what she just said on Twitter”, “BIG LATINA TIDDIES THO” and so forth.

Wake me up when she actually does shit.

Yeah, so idiotic she actually has a plan to combat climate change. It seems like no one in politics actually give a fuck about this planet, only their quick bucks. Let’s twiddle our thumbs while the preventable effects of climate change come about.

I agree that climate change (and pollution in general) are a major issue, and that the main reason nothing is done about it is because the big corporations just don’t want to bother obeying stricter norms.

At the same time, you can’t just vote for anyone who tells you they’re going to fix the environment. If you vote for the wrong person they’re just going to fail, or they’ll pull a complete 180 and kowtow to the multinationals.

I’m not really sure you can claim “she has a plan” when the only proposal she has is just a vague outline. Being as charitable as possible I’m willing to consider the possibility that she’s trying to first come up with the general plan and then going through each point to more finely tune the details, but even then that still remains to be seen.

Worst case scenario: it’s all a bunch of virtue signaling and she’s just going to be yet another asshat who only cares about her career.

(some parts are also a bit worrying: how the fuck do you “repair historic oppression”? Does she think she can change history??)

Better than voting for anyone who doesn’t present any position on it, who will get nothing done with the enviroment regardless of how big their earnings are.

You’re a furry therefore your opinion is 1 billion trillion 10000% percent wrong, sorry ( ͡° ͜ ͡°)

No but for real, Cortez’s policies are suspicious at best when it comes to the vague wording and some of the stuff RMGnoob has brought up. Plus Cortez has proven to not know what the fuck she’s talking about at times economically which is very worrying since she’s actively trying to do stuff that affects the economy.

Besides, politicians have been known to talk it up all the time, and then not deliver cuz t h e y ’ r e f u c k I n g l I a r s.

Except me of course, vote for me ples #2020

That would be a valid point if she was the only politician in the entire country to have a public position on climate change. I’m not the most knowledgeable when it comes to US politics but I’m pretty sure that’s not the case.

I know she’s the one the media like to prop up the most right now, but that doesn’t make her the best possible choice for you.

some of them don’t believe it exists.

and they might have some sort of influence on the people
(cough the president doesn’t believe climate change exists cough)

Climate change is obviously a Chinese ploy to rob America of more money, duh.

But yeah, Trump is really dumb when it comes to Climate change and global warming.

I don’t see how that contradicts what I said.

It doesn’t.
I’m just saying people also have public positions against climate change as well.

You’re saying that like I don’t know it already.

It’s precisely because there are powerful people who oppose environment-friendly policies that you need someone competent to push said policies.

yup, and that leads into why Cortez is not fit for the job, as she’s not competent enough to push these policies since she doesn’t give people a clear understanding of what her policies are. That and she has flip flopped on what the wording is in her proposal, making her look even more unprofessional than she already was.