Politics ( ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡°)

>60 unread replies
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

I mean, it’s difficult to deny that he’s a nazi/supports nazis.

So this isn’t a stretch

If you think all the government/aid are us “adopting” other economic systems, then you need to do a little more research into the 1930s-1940s.

Without getting into too much detail:
FDR introduced his “alphabet soup” to the government, due to the popular opinion that the government should assist the people in their time of need at that time.
Before the 1930s (and the great depression), most people thought the government should only do things such as build infrastructure, maintain the army, etc. This viewpoint was reinforced with the Bolsheviek revolution in Russia in 1918. However, once people realized that the depression would be worse than the periods of recession the economy went through, it had escalated a lot

Do you have proof that he is a Nazi and or supports Nazis? Because I dislike Trump for the most part, but I’ve never seen him endorse, say, or imply any sort of Nazi things.

Also, muh communism

insert trump saying neo-nazis are fine people
insert him refusing to condemn out white supremacy

And yet you didn’t. I’m not saying there isn’t evidence, however, you don’t show any links or videos or anything that points to him being a big Jew hating dummy who want’s to take all our rights away.

It’s like if I said Hillary Clinton is bad, but I don’t show any evidence pointing to how or why she’s bad.

Where in “Mein Kampf” does it say letting your daughter marry a man with Jewish origins is a good thing?

What kind of nazi officially recognizes Jerusalem as capital of Israel?

If he is “literally Hitler”, then why is he doing things that Hitler would never do or approve of?

If I’m remembering this correctly, he just kept repeating vague shit like “there are fine people on both sides”.

Seems more like a businessman trying very hard not to upset his core customers rather than a hardcore racist ideologue to me.

You’re making several mistakes here:

-focusing on words rather than actions (which is generally a bad idea concerning politicians and doubly so with Trump, who spews way too much shit all the time)

-using the term “nazi” in a context where it doesn’t belong (which muddies the waters and makes it easier for actual nazis to gain influence)

-buying into the narrative of “us the good people VS them the very bad people” (which only increases the Democrat/Republican divide, generates more conflict and makes it impossible to resolve)

If you want to claim that Trump is making decisions based on an actual racist ideology rather than being only concerned with his own personal profit, you’re gonna have to find more substantial proof.

I think the best I’ve heard of so far were rumors that he and his father were mistreating their Black employees, but even then that’s a bit old and has nothing to do with what he’s doing as president.

why you guys bully me :frowning:, fine I’ll actually make this post about something here you big meanies.

Tribalism in general is bad.

BUMP FOR NO REASON

<Anotha “fun” question, what do you think of political correctness?>

Politeness is great and optional.

Political correctness is a restriction on what you can say.

I don’t believe in being forced to be politically correct. Like, for example, in Russia you’re not allowed to make memes about Putin. Political correctness leads to censorship leads to loss of free speech.

What does everybody think about Article 13?

Personally, I think it’s a very good example of how castration of rights (like the right to bear arms, free speech) leads to opression by the government. Very dangerous.

agreed, I generally don’t like it when people call for the silencing of speech, even if it is “Hate speech”. Cuz if someone is a retarded faggot white supremacist who believes that all races that aren’t white are inferior then I think that poopoo head has the right to say that, but should also have to deal with the criticism that comes with such bad ideas.

Censorship only leads to ideas like that to not be challenged, and therefore causes it to fester until it blows up. We’ve seen this in dictatorships and fascist regimes, and it never worked, so what makes people think that it’ll work in a democracy?

Article 13 is doodoo, and is just another ploy by the European union to silence speech of their citizens and control the narrative. It also gives corporations TOO MUCH autonomy and power, which is never good tbh.

well for one thing, if you are not European. I dont see why you would even care

Please explain this

I think you might of wathced a little too much british and fox news regarding what article 13 is

Article 13 is a copyright law

The main point is that platforms that have copyrighted material will need licenses to use

Youtube, in general, is a massive offender of copyright. Hosting a endless sea of material that is not licensed or permitted to be on there

I watch a lot of music that is copyright and is posted not by the creator of the music

But I know legally that is not right

What they are not doing is nothing crazy

A LOT of musical artist are actually against youtube for this very issue

and in turn I would guarantee of of them greatly approve of these laws

I wouldn’t call dictatorships political correctness

That’s because it makes sites like facebook and google viable for all content that is posted to their platforms. Whether or not if its fair use or not against copyright.

Yes, but what it doesn’t say how far these companies should go about doing this. Sites like YouTube already do blanket filtering and some other fucky stuff, plus they have hundreds of thousands of videos being uploaded, so how are they going to enforce this new legislation without more blanket filtering.

Besides, people and corporations already abuse copyright to send in false flags, so I wouldn’t say this would be much help.

(Youtubes algorithm is also really low IQ so theres that aswell :< )

If you are using the european version of those sites sure. I still dont see why a non european might care

Its the EU not the UN. Sites do not have to follow what the EU makes as a law. Only sites that operate in europe. Yes they might get their european domain away but it does not affect a non european

also

Good, they should be liable for all their content.

well yes again a site should be liable for what they are allowing on it. Also what

what do you mean whether or not if its fair use or against copyright

that is very vague

No one has anything to earn from this, and youtube really does next to nothing to stuff copyright material. The vast majority of music i listen to on youtube is breaking copyright laws.

what does this earn them, though?

a companys goal is to make money, how could they further their company with this and why would they even send false flags

you didn’t really pay attention to my point. Dictatorships can be formed subtly. First, political correctness is pushed, then censorship, then the theft of free speech.

fair use as in you make a transformative work (Like making a remix of a song, gameplay, editing, commentary, criticism, etc)

something being against copyright would be straight up ripping chunks of content from a copyrighted material without adding anything additional like you said here:

which I’m guessing you listen to lyric videos(?) which I’m pretty sure are breaking copyright laws.

Depends on what their motives are, could be because they don’t like you (which happens), don’t like their content being in your video (Whether it was fair use or not), or just wanna fuck with you (IE, Mass false flagging).

Companies and other content creators can actually strike your videos in order to make money off those videos, so that fits perfectly well with a companys desire to make money. It could also be to hush descent against their brand, which obviously saves them from losing munies.

(It’s probably bots who do the flagging for the companies anyway, cuz how would you get a person to check whether or not it infringes on your copyright for thousands of videos).

Russia is the farthest thing from political correctness

What is your definition of political correctness? persecuting minorities, lying to your people, killing political opposition and brainwashing?

Russia has NEVER had political correctness lol Russia the dictatorship was not formed subtly

Please explain to me what “political correctness” is. Because i really do not think you understand Russia

as an American I don’t think you really understand what being forced is, Especially compared to Russia

Look up any song, 99% chance it is not from the artist

that sounds like trolls?

Yeah that is their legal right after all if you are using their content to make money

again a quick article

Maybe because they its not your property being used you might not feel a personal connection to it

I’m all for artists and corporations’ rights to protect their stuff and all that, but you can’t just fucking strike someone for any reason.

This little thing by Stanford explains what I (Poorly) attempted to express about fair use and all that jazz. It’s a long read, but it really helps to read it to understand what I’m talking about.

(It’s also just an interesting read in general tbh :smiley: )

Tax cuts are pretty much paying people out of lost tax revenue, so there’s one way. Government contracting private businesses, subsidies for well off industries, etc. The home insulation rebate in Australia for example resulted in the government paying contractors large sums of money to do botched insulation jobs.

This thread is making everyone into enemies and defeating the true purpose of the forum, which is for everyone to be friendly. @moderators close