Poll: should we change our approach to the Ideas category?

Nope. That was Kiddforce’s original project.

None have, so far. However, these forums and DECA are still very young, and DECA has said that they check Reddit and the forums daily for ideas.

Some ideas have made it into the game, such as Tomb of the Ancients, The Shatters, Lost Halls, some pet skins, and some other ideas.

@Panytnaa If it makes you feel better, Deca contacted me about my dungeon idea and brought me in the UGC (that was both a shameless plug and helpful). Nothing regarding implementing the dungeon has been said (at least to me) or done, though. That aside, basically, if you put tons of effort into it and present it very well (r4ndomSXD said he prefers that in the recent AMA), you, too, may be brought on the team.

*crickets chirp awkwardly in the background*

Can I assume that the Deca team uses reddit for those purposes, or is there another line of communication? Especially for the first contact

Ditto what Shatter said.

WiP section sounds great, but you’ll need people to monitor both the sections and shuffle posts from one to the other.

Also need a guideline for WiP - like you said, just a passing thought is not even a WiP, it’s just a passing thought. Maybe such posts should be consolidated into a megathread in the WiP section?

Either way, like Shatter said, we need both a new section/subforum and more strict monitoring. I’m sure a few Regulars will be able to handle whatever workload might pop up if a new subforum is implemented.

wow this is a good idea

I’ll be honest, if we want a section of good ideas, perhaps we could instead have something like community’s favourite, where the Original Post has gotten 20 likes, or something like that. It just seems that #ideas:best takes so long to update, which is good because it means that the ideas there are truly top notch, but it also means that it’ll only update once every blue moon

The Clock Tower

If the clock tower drops blue paint can it be in best of the best?

Also, why isn’t the original lh doc in best of the best?

The Clock Tower

Good point. Perhaps #ideas:best is too elite/idealistic to achieve? We do have solid grounds on when to move ideas there, right?

Nope. There’s hardly anything in there cuz we’re lazy. We never did come up with criteria to determine what belongs. There’s tons of good ideas that are #ideas:best worthy. We should probably do an idea of the week. Could probably go a year of updates and still have more good ideas to move.

Well, I still stand by ideas of having #community choice of posts with 20 likes in the original post. Combining with the section of idea of the week, every month, we should have a popularity poll for the ideas which has gotten 20 likes. The top 3, after being reviewed by the mods as being up to snuff in case it’s a dry season, will end up in #ideas:best.

In any case, you guys will determine the final decision, so I’m interested in how this’ll be handled! I’ve never handled community before, so this is great learning experience

There’s a built-in feature to handle most of the logistics of what you describe.

There we go! I guess you guys can just choose which of those are going to end up in #ideas:best from there!

I personally think people should just take it upon themselves not to comment on threads that are low effort and they’ll slide right off the page.

I agree with most of what you said, except that 20 likes is far too low. I would say something more like 35-50.

And no matter how funny it may or may not be, shitposts don’t go in there (so no st square set or the like)

I hope those crickets stop chirping soon.

Bump. The poll and comment period will be open for 3 more days.

Boo. If I manage to do all of the things I need to finish this weekend I’ll try to put a dent in that “crap ratio” for the idea quality. (Or at least the completed idea ratio considering my idea’s history.)

I had a class concept with about 85% completion during MotMG, before I decided to dedicate myself to more important things. That doesn’t change the fact that I will help the forums if I can though.

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.