Poll: your stance on pets

It’s simply a shame because of the unbalance that they bring to the game. Pet’s were a flawed system from the get go in a ploy to generate more revenue. All I’m proposing would be an equal compensation (if possible even though highly unlikely.) for all the time and effort spent on maxing and gaining said pet. All of this is theoretical of course, I don’t even think deca is working on anything of the sort currently other than trying to fix/ rewrite the shitfest of code that realm currently is.

Pets were what saved the game, without them the game still wouldn’t be up and running, so of course they are meant to be expensive to get to the top, may not be fair, but you still have to thank those who willingly spent thousands on the game.

I voted for option #1. Pets were already nerfed once and nerfing them indefinitely to be more suited for the game (which is imbalanced on its own) makes little sense, aside from pissing off paying players on regular basis.

Let’s say that right now a difference between no pet and maxed Rare pet makes maxed Rare seem OP. Between maxed Rare and maxed Legendary, the latter seems OP. Now consider that maxed Divines give pretty much twice what maxed Legendary gives. Only thing we’d get from nerfing the high-end is make mid-range and low-end trash and send these people on yet another grind (like when they started their pets from scratch). That’s in no way fun.

On the other hand Kabam shown that it’s not difficult to make content adjusted to pets (or made specifically to counter them), while also keeping the difficulty low enough, so that petless groups can do them (or just BTEL). It’s not like we can’t make end-game more “end” and less of a “game”. And besides - new content is something the game desperately needs, so if it has to be done, it might as well be done with pets in mind, right?

Realistically, #2 is not just reworking the game around pets but literally re-creating the game in a new language. Unless we do that duping won’t be fixed, so many different things will remain fucked because of flash, and I doubt pets will be changed much.

I agree. As I have said before somewhere else, technical issues are priority. But let’s try to keep this discussion about pets only.

I voted for the first option.
I just dont see how they would compensate people for that. They paid money exclusively for that pet…anything else will feel like a rip off.
Off topic:
I’ve stated it many times but pets only helped increase steamroll.

Even before pets, a group of maxed characters obliterated events and content and as such what I really want to see is some sort of hp scaling system.

Even if it only serves to keep the event alive as a pinata…nowadays most events dont survive for more than a few seconds.

Sorry for repeating the same thing over and over again. I guess I want the idea to be more visible :confused:

I wish there was a way to make a pet have no ability. I miss my white kitty.

Number 1 for me, this is a great idea (the pet part) which would work for me.

They should just open up legacy servers. It would be nice to experience the game like it was while it was in its prime, before mass duping and all. Although, Deca should definitely fix the hacking/duping problem prod has before doing anything else with the game.

Pets make the game way too easy, but playing without one puts you at a major disadvantage. Since everyone already has a pet, they no longer rely on other people, and other people no longer think of helping them. I.e. why think of healing others with your priest/necromancer/paladin, when you assume their pets will heal them up to full HP in no time. This alone makes it extremely difficult to play without a pet. Hell, barely anyone plays necro anymore because extra heals are now useless.

TL;DR: Deca can easily make both parties happy with legacy servers.

The truth is the game was never meant to handle this many powerful players, i think trying to balance classes around pets would be a foolish endeavor and you would probably spend years getting it right. I would like to see an across the board hp buff on every major event monster (excluding avatars)

Yeah I would like to see some kind of hp scaling system for events.
Pents/cubes/skulls die way too fast nowadays.

Voted #2.

Imo, events’ health should be buffed a little, but they should all be given AoE bombs/shotguns that Pet Stasis (and, potentially, be made immune to Stun). Simultaneously, pets should be nerfed - particularly the healing/MP healing abilities. Simply buffing the health of events doesn’t really work in my view, because players without pets would be unfairly discriminated against. A Pet Stasis bomb attack would balance everyone attacking an event, regardless of their pet’s level or abilities.

In dungeons, boss health should scale with the number of players in the dungeon and the number allowed to enter should be capped, as in the Haunted Cemetery (this is to counter pets, but also the sheer number of 8/8s that pile into OTs and such, and then roll the dungeon in about 6 seconds). Dungeon bosses should also be given Pet Stasis shots.

As an aside, I think there’s a small but very vocal core of people on these forums who will defend pets to the death, not because they believe that they’re balanced and fair to all players, but because they themselves own high-tier pets and are loath to see them nerfed, even if doing so would be good for the game (which it would be). These forums are not representative of the playerbase as a whole’s experience, which may be worth Deca bearing in mind when they read threads like these.

Funny to see group 3 not getting many votes… I thought it would be balanced between the 3 groups.

adding new attacks to monster would be a huge development undertaking, as some of us know the game code is just spaghetti, i would like to see something less intrusive like and hp buff or a dmg buff of some sort, that way we wont risk more bugs and what have you. From what i saw it appears dmg and hp would be a mere value change.

It can literally be as simple as writing a single AoE Pet Stasis bomb and using that for each event. Heck, just take an AoE bomb that’s already been written (like Geb’s grenade, for example) and tag the Pet Stasis effect onto it. Also, spaghettified game code doesn’t just lead to arbitrary bugs when you add attacks to pre-existing monsters correctly. From what I understand the spaghetti code mainly makes infrastructure and less visible backend stuff more complicated. The events all already exist and work perfectly in code, and this wouldn’t change any of that. It would literally be a few lines inserted into the code governing their attacks, changing nothing about the way the game loads and handles them.

I already explained why a damage/HP buff would be unfair.

Although it’s a disgusting nightmare (badum tss) the game will gave to be balanced around pets.

Even if it’s extremely stupid such as dungeons where pets are perma-stasised.

I voted other.

Pets were a way to make money and I believe that without pets/money this game could have died or gone bad much sooner.

I like the idea of pets but with a good Heal / MP Heal pet and some minor skill your character can be a force. It is too late to take pets away because of the money people have spent. If DECA nerfed pets I think many people would go ballistic.

The only way now would be to change the game in ways that make pets less effective. Not sure how to do that and still allow the new players a good game experience.

It seems to me that you fit in group 1. Why did you vote other?

I really don’t like what pets did to the game. I understand that there are here to stay. I don’t like though.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.