Portal Drop Potion

I haven’t seen this idea as a forum topic so I want to throw it out there, but here it is, Sprites and all!

Boosts portal drop rate. I would say by 1.3x on enemies with your SB damage that drops portals. Doesn’t stack with other player’s boosts. Caps off at 70% portal drop rate, if original portal drop rate is less than 70%. Doesn’t boost portal drop rate if original drop rate is 70% or more. Helps farm the smaller dungeons that you rush under 5 minutes.
Duration: Lasts for 30 minutes.
How to obtain: Tier 9/10 quest reward, calendar login reward, or 150-200
Feed power: 200
Potential problem: The realm can be spammed with portals. Pirate caves, spider dens, and all. Pot prices definitely fluctuating.

Shout out to XDRDogex, who has pitched a very similar idea wayy ahead of me.
New Item { PORTAL POWDER }

[Dungeon Idea]Wicked Game Show - BB

only thing i would add is making sure it doesn’t go over a certain rate, say like 2.3x mor

nice sprite, im a sucker for that colour.

Decent concept.Nice for farming dungeons,

Also the problem is when you have like 20 players with this on, which i see JLbeast addressed

I think it shouldn’t stack, even though multiple players have SB on the same thing… Maybe I should cap the drop rate at… 70% as well…

Cool concept, I think it’d work pretty well.
Only suggestion I have is rather than capping at 70% it should cap at 2 times the normal rate.
That way people can’t farm Ice Caves or something ridiculous like that. :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Whoops! After re-reading the original post I realized the potions don’t stack. I’ll leave this here if ya choose to let em stack tho.

+1 man

Would it have same chance increase for all dungeons though?

So far, yeah. Of course, we COULD customize it for each dungeon… but that’s a lot of work, and I think boosting it by percentage is good enough. Any dungeons in particular you want to see?

Like, tomb and all those event dungeons. I guess boosting their chance to drop would be nice… but too high of an increase and suddenly price of life begins to drop and shit.

@BaraBlazer
#oh wait
I forgot the most important problem of all.
#How will it affect the portal drop rate? Does the player have to be near it? Or actually hit the boss?
#H O W D O E S I T W O R K?

skrub

What have you unleashed upon this thread?

Have I mentioned that I sucked at looking things up? Because I do. Similar concept, but mine is only so slightly different: it doesn’t pause in dungeons. The point of the item is to help farm quick small dungeons. Also, sorry

Edit: @XDRDogex the portal drop works as described in the first post. SB damage achieved: portal drop boosted. Portal is accessible to all. No stacking.

Err, go search Samurai on the forums and Reddit. Similar ideas is a common thing. While I may agree with how your item works I definitely like Bara’s sprite a great deal more.

no mine is powder

in all fairness, doge would have shown up anyway at some point.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.