Possibilities RotMG has on Unity

I think that’s putting too much faith in people’s word. There’s a lot of self-delusion from cheaters who in reality enjoy using hacks because they want easymode and are afraid of risking dying. If an easily obtainable hacked unity client was available I doubt many cheaters after years of using hacked flash would decline it, and continue to justify it with something like “less lag”.

Although I certainly hope it reduces cheating, I think more likely is that would come from cheaters quitting, if they are unable to continue their ways. No loss though, assuming Deca can manage without their cash.

I am sure they can. In fact getting rid of hackers could easily be a net positive for the game’s cash flow, in a number of ways.

First hackers do direct damage to the game, and so depress revenue. Duping, real world trading, botting all involve hacks and damage the game for other players, in some cases diverting revenue directly from DECA.

I am sure some hackers don’t engage in any of the above. But they are less likely to pay for a few reasons. Most game hacking takes place to avoid paying, and the people involved are those least likely to pay for games, whether they are too stingy, too young or just have no way to pay.

Even if they could pay, they will be far less likely to invest in the game because they could find themselves unable to play at any moment. They could be banned without warning if detected, or find themselves excluded by security improvements, in particular the switch to Unity. How many hackers do you think are paying towards the Unity campaign, knowing it might mean the end of their hacking?

How to make flash full screen without stretch

Why am i dark blue now?

No idea. Nor do I know why I am still yellow despite gaining my 75th class quest yesterday !?

log out and in

Cool, it worked :grinning:

Dead. Game.

how so?

Man you just said everything wrong.
Without new players, the game would be in a constant state of decay and inevitably die.
The game has already gone through tons and tons of changes and is basically unrecognizable from its early versions.
I don’t really need to explain why hackers are bad.
It almost sounds like you use a hacked client and are trying to grasp at straws to justify it.

Hey it’s your favorite dumbass, I just wanna say that the Unity port isn’t really going to make a difference in the player base. This game has scarred like more than half of the player base because Kabam’s 1 IQ company decisions and Deca’s events that make us wanna jump off a bridge or smash our heads into the wall. Yeah the game will be cleaner, but the players won’t come back and I know it. Quote me on that when the Unity Port comes out. I’ll buy everyone a pizza if I’m wrong.

[Merged this reply onto the earlier Unity discussion topic. -Nevov]

Yeah but the cleaner game may help bring in new players and/or keep them playing

If this game was to survive then I feel like it needs to get rid of all these necessary events that made a lot of people quit.

Or if they’re going to keep these events make it quality instead of quantity.

Also I feel some noobs try to rush their characters to partake in these events when this game is supposed to be trial and error. It took me so long before I got my first 6/8. They’re character dies and they miss out on a whole event trying to farm up a new character.

making the game cleaner is more of a positive side effect, the biggest reason for the port is that flash is dying. no more flash = no more game. idk who told you it would make players who quit come back, it’s more about making sure there’s a game for the people who haven’t quit to keep playing.

And it is a pretty cool gesture from Deca saying that they care enough to spend the time and resources to port an entire game from flash to Unity

You are right, probably players who have left won’t come back. But that is not the point. The point is to best serve the current and future player base in the years to come, after Flash is retired.

The biggest impact on players though will be ones you have not considered. Players who have not played they game as they can’t or won’t play Flash games. There are many places Flash is banned or blocked. Even at home browsers are now downright hostile to Flash, blocking all but the persistent and technically savvy from using it.

Also the fact that it will no longer run in the browser means it will need new ways to distribute it, which potentially means many people will see it who have not seen it before. They won’t see a Flash or Unity app, they will just see a game they can play for free.

People might come back if they start releasing new content again after the port.

You better get those pizzas ready.

Are you gonna buy everyone who talked in this thread a pizza or every player

Meet me in South Korea and Ill give you pizza