Possible Pirate King's Cutlass Buff

Since this is my first time on the forums, i decided to dedicate my first post to a possible Cutlass buff. I’ll start off the pros and cons

CONS:
Deals less damage than acclaim with enemies with higher def
Less range the average sword
The rate of fire is practically useless still a neat touch
To get the full extent of the weapon and outclass Acclaim, you must have a knight with The Shield of Ogmur.
To have a very rare UT just to make a weapon deal more damage than Acclaim isn’t reliable. You can just get an Acclaim, which is 2-3 life and do more damage than try and get two rare UT’S and do more damage.
Compared to the other UT swords the Cutlass is useless. The Crystal Sword has one use, range which is really useful. The Demon Blade is good for dungeon bosses like: The Sprite World and the Abyss of Demons to get high DPS in. The Ancient Stone Sword is decent and good at the same time. On a paladin you can dish out extremely high DPS in return for a slow rate of fire. On a warrior you can dish out high dps and nullify the slow rate of fire with berserk. On knight its decent. Knight already has enough dps the slow rate of fire isn’t useful but players still use it. All the other UT swords have uses for each class and they are rare are fun to use in certain situations.
21+ defense the acclaim will out damage the cutlass heavily.
PROS:
Enemies with less than 6 defense the Cutlass will out damage Acclaim
Can hit enemies with shorter phases a lot harder like Davy’s for a better chance at SB loot.
If an enemy is armor broken, it will do more damage than acclaim
With the high rate of fire, it could be useful for god lands farming

Maybe for a buff, It can do more damage than acclaim at a defense of 0-20. In return the range will be maybe around 2.9-3.0 so it can require some dodging skills to get the proper damage in. Not completely sure about this buff but i’ll have an open mind on more ideas.

My Final thoughts on the Cutlass is it needs work. Compared to the other UT swords its useless and only useful when the enemy is armor broken or have less than 6 def. The less range makes it only useful on a knight who can get in deep. If you have an ogmur, its useful but not everyone has one. I know there will be that one person who’ll comment: “Don’t use it if its terrible.” “There are better swords.” Most UTs have a purpose and its fairly easy to use it, and this one has one, and it’s hard to get the proper use for it. Thank you for reading I will read over all comments and accept constructive criticism.

Welcome to the forums @SpeckBruh here have a cookie :3 :cookie:

About the cutlass yes it needs a buff to be usable by players, I dont think it should have less range that way ppl would still use acclaim even pixie for everything, I was thinking on maybe increase its range to a regular sword 3.5 or maybe 3.7 and give it the ability to pierce enemies while retaining the current damage it has, this way people would use it as a swapout in dungeons with a bunch of enemies like udls and abysses :3

Thank you. The pierce could be useful since anything over 20+ def makes the cutlass useless. If it does keep the same damage, and the same range as a sword or even higher along with the high RoF will make it a tad bit overpowered. Maybe a range of 3.1-3.3 or keep the current range. Csword has high range but less damage, A.S.S has a high damage output but a bad RoF. Each UT Sword has its flaws. Keep the range or lower it and keep the piercing i think will make this sword useful for everyone to use.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.