Possible way to balance pets

There is no way to put it simply, pets are very overpowered, and make it so people can blatantly rush to whatever they want with very little to fear.

One way I think they could be balanced is they only activate heal and mp heal abilities when your character is standing still, so that way someone could stand back in a dungeon and heal up before continuing, and it wouldn’t take as long as if they had no pet. obviously, this is too much of a nerf, but if heal and mp heal were to restore more health and mana while the character is not moving then it would (I think) balance out. As a side note it also might be necessary to have the character standing still for a full second or two before the pet actually started healing.

This would make the game more challenging again, and possibly stop bosses from getting plowed over as easily as before. Feel free to comment because I am genuinely curious to see how many agree or disagree with me, and how my idea could change to make it better.

Hmm, I’m not so sure about the change you’re proposing but I hope Deca treads very lightly on the subject of nerfing pets (If they do at all) Because there would be a massive outcry of the people who have spent a lot of money getting divines. They have mentioned that they’re going to make underpowered abilities usable again which is great :smiley:

From About the Ideas Category:

There are many suggestions of ways to nerf or balance pets, and they each have pros and cons. It is very difficult to “fix” the situation in a way that doesn’t also insult all the players who spent so much money on the game as well as shutting down the significant revenue that comes from pets today.

A straight nerf, like the one you are suggesting, isn’t likely to go far.

This would essentially make a pet over level 50 Healing useless, as having a divine would change the amount of time you have to wait to heal to full again from like 7 seconds to 4 (essentially nothing). People paid the big bucks for the overpowered nature of them. To remove that, unfortunately, would be a large problem.

Not to mention, being only able to heal when standing still, in a bullet hell game where you spend most of the time supposed to be dodging, doesn’t really make sense.

In the same vein that you’re thinking, i believe it would be better for heal to only activate when out of battle for X seconds. The great thing about heal is that it makes the game a lot more fast paced, not forcing you to wait to so long for your health to restore (magic is another problem entirely). Making it so it only kicks in after X seconds of not attacking, using an ability or taking damage would still leave the game fast paced without making it possible to eat all those bullets…

… but then again, people would be pissed. And I can understand. At this point, i think the best way to go about this is to bring all the abilities to same level by buffing the other abilities (like, i don’t know, making attacks far/mid/close and electric do soulbound damage would be a good start)(but still not enough) and let people change their pet’s abilities somehow.

Instead of directly changing pets Deca could actually use the pet stasis debuff more commonly than it is currently used. Enemies like the flying brain could benefit from this due to how little of a threat it currently is. I know a lot of enemies need a buff and pet stasis could be the cure. (I’m not suggesting to infest the game with pet stasis, just to make it a lot more common as it is pretty rare to encounter currently.)

This flying brain modification would be absolutely awesome! I’d love to see it. Perhaps the pet stasis could be as long as the slow is from a slime god.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.