Possibly stupid question that I should probably already know by now

So, some items say pierces armor, while others say ignores defense of target, and some things say piercing, as others say hits multiple targets. What’s the difference between those? Is there any, or am I just being a very noobish yellow star?

“Armor piercing” ignores the defense of a target (for player equipment used on enemies).
“Ignores defense of target” does the same thing (the difference being that it’s used to describe enemy attacks on players.)

“Piercing” is the ability to hit more than one enemy at a time with a single shot (like a katana).
I believe “hits multiple targets” is used for items that don’t use defined shots to damage enemies (like scepters or traps).

Someone correct me if I’m interpreting that wrong. It’s what I’ve always assumed them to mean.

Long story short: It mean an attack can pierce through multiple targets like a tiered bow for example.

Small addition as from a recent thread: to bee fully pedantic, it ignores positive values for defense. If an enemy is inflicted with Exposed, armor-piercing weapons will take this into consideration, and deal more damage - as is intended!

Were… were that many people in the dark with the status effect differences? O.o

Right lol that’s like driving down the street but not knowing what the signs mean or which lane to use.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.