Post a Picture of Yourself Thread

thanks bb

FTFY

I need to stop skipping leg day lol.

Currently on a clean bulk right now, going from 180 at 6ā€™2. I want to get to 205-210 then cut. So far itā€™s been fun just eating a bunch of clean food and looking good even with this bulk lol. Feels good to be back in the gym and making gains, getting yolked.

Meanwhile I can wrap my fingers around my wrist very easily.

I can wrap my fingers around my wrist easily too! :slight_smile:

:frowning: I was trying to say Iā€™m a skinny gymless fella :stuck_out_tongue:

I have this problem too. :frowning:

Iā€™ve been trying to gain weight for about 10 months now, and Iā€™ve only gained 5 pounds (assuming itā€™s muscle and not fat T_T). Itā€™s so damn hard for me to gain muscle. The struggle is so real. Itā€™s probably because I do too much cardio. -_-

Thatā€™s exactly the problem. If you want to gain muscle, avoid doing cardio. Do what Iā€™m doing and go on a clean bulk. Figure out how many calories you need a day, then divide it up into 1/3s with carbs, fats (preferably healthy fats from like fish, avocado, nuts, etc), and most importantly protein. I like to go 1g/1lbs I weigh, so right now since Iā€™m about 180 I get 180 grams of protein in a day. Now yeah, it might seem like itā€™ll be hard to get that much fucking protein in a day, but I just eat about 3 chicken breasts, Greek yogurt, pistachios/cashews/peanuts, and Iā€™ll take one protein shake during school, and my protein after my workout.

Now thatā€™s just the important part, the dieting part. You know, the part that is like 80% to get a good physique.

The working out part is like if you want to gain muscle but are struggling, cut the cardio down from every day, to only 2-3 times a week. I like to swim for my cardio, mainly because I play water polo and itā€™s overall good for your joints and body. Good muscle therapy. But anyway, you should also consider going heavier weight with 6-8 reps per workout, so my bench workouts would be like 205 for 8 reps, then 225 for 6 then 225 or 235 for 6 again. If you do more reps with lower weight, you just lose the fat around the muscle but maintain the muscle ā€œsizeā€. If you want to add muscle mass, increase weight weekly and go low reps.

Hereā€™s another tip that hit me in the fucking head and said ā€œthat makes so much fucking senseā€, you gotta think about it this way. If you eat 2000 calories a day, and your cardio workouts burn 1300 calories, you only have 700 calories leftover to put on weight. And basically, itā€™s I think 3k or 3.5k calories to gain 1 pound.

Hopefully that helps! If not, I can answer more questions or at least try to help you out.

Edit : Just realized you are a girl and not a guy, so Iā€™m not too sure if that will change anything with all that info I just put, but I donā€™t think it should. Also, Iā€™m not sure if youā€™re worried about the whole ā€œI donā€™t want to look like Arnold Schwarzeneggerā€ thing, but I can assure you that unless you take steroids and lift heavy weights every day for life, times a million, you wonā€™t look like him.

I definitely do need to do some more lifting. Thatā€™s something I havenā€™t really been doing enough of. I never really was a heavy lifter to begin with. I swam competitively for about 12 years of my life before I became a couch potato. Felt so bad. I couldnā€™t take it anymore and decided last year that I wanted get into shape again. Swimming is definitely great!

I will try to eat more protein. I donā€™t think I do enough of that. I have added a protein shake after every workout to the regimen, and have been eating more protein rich foods. Unfortunately, Iā€™ve shied away from consuming as much as I used to because I wasnā€™t working out at all or not nearly as much as I had in the past. I guess I need to think more like an athlete again. Also, the amount of food I consumed when I was swimming was absolutely disgusting. I still have a horribly fast metabolism. Iā€™m pretty sure that would put me in a monetary deficit. XD

Lol. Iā€™m sure even if I did take steroids and lift every day for the next 10 lifetimes, I would still be scrawny me. Looking like Arnold is not my goal though. I just wish to look a bit more fit; hopefully obtain that chimera of a six-pack and some more muscle definition. Nothing too absurd. :slight_smile:

/e: Damn it! Forgot to mention the cardio was something I could not get rid of or limit. I might actually need to up the ante on it. :confused:

Uni. Why no picture of your door? God that thing still gets me every time I think of it. XD

taken for insta yesterday

Name does not check out :frowning:

Remember, itā€™s more than just protein! Fats and carbs take a huge part in getting bigger too. And unless you want rock hard shits, I suggest you get those into your diet as well :smiley:

I see where youā€™re coming from, where itā€™s hard to scarf down food so easily. I play water polo, which is much like swimming and we burn just as many calories. In the off season itā€™s hard to find the motivation to just scarf it all down, but I guess for me I just tell myself, ā€œeat or dieā€ kind of. lol. And I know thatā€™s definitely not going to happen, but itā€™s just the mentality you know? I also have a fast metabolism so I can relate to what thatā€™s like lol.

Thatā€™s the most reddit thing Iā€™ve ever seen.

Im kinda jumping into this fitness thing here but I rock climb minimum 4 days a week, however I have been blessed/cursed with the metabolism of the flash so I am still almost underweight.

The last week I thought I worked out more than usual, but it turns out I had lost like 9 pounds eek.

and Iā€™m 5ā€™11" and 135ish yikes.

Like when I was 11 or something

And this is now, also Iā€™m super autistic at taking selfies and my fingers look really weird idk why o_o

you look creepy as hell in the first pic

When sheā€™s going to let you touch the butt for the first time.

In all honesty, I wouldnā€™t say creepy, just super happy to be alive.