Post your unpopular opinions about realm here

Thought of this when talking to Scorchmist on the white bag thread

Jugg and Ogmur are some of the worst event whites

I’m actually going to dispute this.

As items, they are most definitely not the best. They both are extremely situational and so exclusively rare that they may as well not be part of the game for the majority of players.

However, as event whites, they are excellent. In my opinion, UTs (more specifically white bags) are meant to allow players to play the game or a class in a different and fresh way.

Take the Tome of Holy Protection for example. This item allows the priest, usually played as a support class be a tank, meaning players can enjoy a different priest experience.

In a similar manner, Jugg and Ogmur allow different playstyles for warrior and knight respectively.

Jugg doubles the user’s defense, and therefore is well suited for facetanking shotguns and the like. This enable the use of items such as the Demon Blade for extra damage. In essence, it allows the warrior to go from a DPS machine to a tanky sit-on-stuff-with-thousands-of-DPS machine.

Ogmur lets the knight help a group in situations with stun immune or high defense enemies. The Avatar of the Forgotten King, for example.

In addition, event whites being among the most exclusive items in the game, are used most prominently for flex. Most high ranked warriors or knights will have a jugg or ogmur on their profile (in addition to other flex items like Breastplate of New Life and Omni) to show their experience and “talent” in the game.

So yes – as items, Jugg and Ogmur are not practical usually and are very situational. But as UTs, no, event whites? They are excellent.

RotMG is a waste of time and you should spend that time instead hanging out with friends IRL or watching some interesting videos/documentaries or something. It’s much more useful / satisfying than playing realm.

Heck even studying something you sincerely find interesting is a much more fun and useful way to spend your time.

All the time you spend playing realm is time lost, and what you get in return for that time is very little. There are healthier, more entertaining ways to enjoy your free time.
/rant

you have helped me WOKE

if someone be dragging on you and you don’t nexus in time then your archer with your first ever tshot finna oofed

I unconditionally agree with your statement on this following condition:
–You have other things to do and are not looking for a time burner.
------As in, you have not completed all of your work, and/or studied/practiced adequately for all of your tests/job requirements.

However, if you have absolutely nothing to do, playing realm is okay. I have learned first-hand that stuffing knowledge into my head amounts to nearly nothing unless you can find an application for it.
For example, I have known that an electron has the 1/20,000th the mass of a proton since roughly 6th grade, but I have never yet to apply it in several years.

Adding knowledge to your brain just for adding knowledge is kinda pointless-especially if it is not part of your job.

(No, I am not “dissing” pure mathematics here.)

Also, many people burn time in the way they choose- realm is simply one of them.

I gain very little from watching anime or from reading The Sword of Summer for the eighth time. Objectively, those are all useless things just like realm but I do them because I am confident in my ability to accomplish all the tasks I need to do.

/rant
thx for the discussion btw

Actually you would be surprised how many positive mental effects video games have, especially games like RotMG

Totaly! RotMG has helped me with my maths skills and with my reflexes…

Which I never use irl or in my work…

I want more events

Y’know what they say; all work and no play…

When I wrote that rant I hadn’t slept much and got particularly cranky at RotMG for wasting so much of my time, but I should acknowledge there is one aspect of realm that has helped me to some significant degree, and that is having some interaction with other people via discord voice chat.

Just spending time with people rather than alone teaches you some stuff and keeps things sort of interesting.
Then again, there’re other places you can spend time with people, for example doing some sport you enjoy or just hanging out with friends IRL.
Also, I did spend quite some time playing RotMG on my own, none of which was significantly useful to me.

The things I gained from playing RotMG for 1700+ hours are frankly just not worth the time spent.

There are other ways to play than playing RotMG.

If I look back on my time spent playing RotMG, the number of negative effects outnumber the positive (compared to if I had spent that time pursuing a meaningful hobby)

And at the end of it all I’m still a hypocrite that wastes many hours reading light novels. I also watch youtube videos, but usually mostly those that actually kind of interest me, like some sciencey/mathey videos and videos about making things.
I also spend some time playing random semi-idle games, but I enjoy optimizing those by making excel sheets where look at the efficiency of different point distributions, so that doesn’t feel as wasteful as playing realm either.
As for time not spent messing around on my laptop, I’m generally more productive during those times.

Messing around on my laptop, it’s just really easy to forget about the time and end up noticing I haven’t had breakfast by 5pm (on a free day).

If Realm affects you that much you shouldn’t be playing, imo.

Unpopular opinions:

Qot isint good
Conflict is STILL bad
New ST oryx armor sucks
Priest isint a “Tank”
Set dps doesnt matter - you will get sb no matter what
Set looks > set functionality
Fame IS everything

Then nothing is a tank. Priest may not be much of a tank without prot, but with prot and maxed def and a simple gsorc you have 76 defense, and pretty good health along with healing.
(Yeah, I know this is unpopular opinions thread, but tankiness is iffy)

• realm isn’t fun .it is actual sucking your soul like medic from TF2
  • pet allow you to take the game less seriously.
  • rotmg isn’t dying
  • events chest succ when DECA overuse it
  • steamrolling is part of the game and DECA decide to remove it with HP scaling…WHY?
  • samurai is overly balanced
  • rotmg urgently need OST for every bosses
  • classic knight skin looks retarded from all the memes and stereotype

Agreed
Sphinx is actually the ring I use on my priests.

Wholeheartedly agreed. Assassin has the extra damage with his posion, and the trix and rogue abilities can’t match that. Also, assassin 1/8 or 2/8, either spd def or both, and you can rush most glands dungeons(exception of sew and abyss)
Also, poison gives assassin long range damage taht rogue and trix can’t match. Maybe trix, if u r good with dire prism, but assassin is much more reliable.

Queen’s Stinger Dagger is the single most overrated item in the entire game.

i like what i hear “ mystic is a powerful class. “ well spoken.

Piercing is only as useful as you have range to use it… 5 range is very little for being about as squishy as a sorc with 15 more speed, but 4 less range than both wand classes are privy to.

Old ST sprites were awful and changing them was a wonderful choice