Post your unpopular opinions about realm here

Mountain temples are great and are worth soloing (with a ranged character)

Oryx 2’s suns phase is the easiest new phase

Trickster is amazing and sucks at the same time

The dancing prism is more useful than teleporting prisms

Knight is not an overpowered class and takes skill to play

Unpopular by objective standards
No, seriously, I want to ask why you find it to be. Is it really that easy? It seems really random for me, all those shots…

ok, oryx shoots the suns in a manner similar to that of the king’s tentacles. However, I do believe that the shots from when teh sun explodes is RNG

Very unpopular opinion and you can’t change my mind about this:
Autofire is the product of the devil. It’s an accuracy killer, looks horrendous when watching the gameplay, and only used by people who are trash at the game.

I will agree that I love smooth gameplay where someone is extremely cognizant about preserving their accuracy but on the other hand I’m guilty of using autofire when I’m playing in a situation that’s adrenaline inducing. It also has to do with the fact that accuracy right now is a broken fame bonus and doesn’t actually reflect how accurate a player is but more of “are you on a piercing class or wizard?” / “how conservative are you with your shots?”.

Giving out a ton of free pet food activly contributed to the problem that pets present.

Have fun dying because you accidentally clicked outside the game window.

While you’re at it, unset your nexus hotkey and don’t play with off-center or rotation for Maximum Skilled Player Experience™.

And to better tie this post to the thread’s main theme:

There is a difference between actual skill and being a tryhard.

What problem are we talking about?

pets (at least the last ~15 levels) being ridiculously broken

I do that already, and I personally don’t think I die more often because of it. In fact I died more with rotation

I don’t play off-center or rotate and I still consider myself a pretty skilled player :thinking: I’m just used to it.

Wasn’t expecting that part of my post to be the most unpopular opinion.

Honestly it can get a while to get used to, but it’s absolutely worth it in the end. Playing centered seriously limits your ability to plan ahead and makes certain classes like Trickster or Assassin barely playable.

Er, I prefer not using autofire not to be a tryhard, but because it’s uncomfortable to aim without clicking imo. It just feels wrong for me to use autofire. My playstyle revolves around clicking and holding down, so I can get the target in more clearly.
Now anyway, I think I might have worded my stuff way too harshly. but most of what I say in this thread is my unpopular opinion and a little joke (albeit, one that comes off as retardation) to go along with it, so bear that in mind the next time you respond.

(or I might be a total idiot and that’s your unpopular opinion)

(a l’il edit here) If you don’t like the types of posts I make in this thread, then tell me. I’ll speak more to the point without the extra comment (purposely) taken to the extreme. I find that people tend to take my jokes seriously on the internet, as they don’t come off as jokes.

Excuses are futile. Death is the only punishment for heresy.

In all seriousness it’s difficult for me to take anyone saying not using a basic feature of the game is “their playstyle” seriously after seeing so many idiots do it for attention.

Do you play too many FPS/survival horror games and that’s why you just can’t bring yourself to go full spray?

That’s really the only reason I can think of for that. The accuracy fame bonuses are just not worth going for unless you’re doing a fame farm run, and in that case you’re probably going to spend 99% of your time following other people around and not shooting anything yourself anyway.

Fair enough. Take my argument about playstyles however you wish.

Interestingly enough, I came from Touhou, where you have to hold down a button to shoot, and autofire didn’t exist. I picked up the habit from there.
And not to mention that I find autofire to look pretty bad on the screen.

pets distort everyone’s view on realm and only 5% of players are actually good

I didn’t know Touhou worked like that. Doesn’t sound like a good fit for a game with unlimited ammo and enemies that follow fixed movement patterns (when they move at all).

Disregarding everything else, clicking too much isn’t very healthy for your hands. Carpal tunnel syndrome isn’t the worst thing ever but it’s still pretty annoying (and completely avoidable).

That’s why you hold down. Don’t tell me you thought that every shot is an individual click.

I’m almost sure that the small shots fire always fire one shot north or something like that, but you have to weave them because you’re turning constantly so north is always changing