Post your unpopular opinions about realm here

Not entirely. I still see people sometimes blaming the Priest or the Necro right next to them for not being a good little healbot. It’s a lot rarer but not completely gone.

DECA is a good company and isnt running the game into the ground
Mystic is a great class
Chest events are fun
Pets make the game great and fun and shouldnt be removed
We should be allowed to see the droprates
UT weekends should be a thing again
Seculded Thicket is a great dungeon
The community is great

You lost me at UT weekends
But I agree with most of what you said

afaik people like Thicket, they just hate the non-staff drops. People don’t seem to like DECA (newest punching bag is the char/vault slot coupons), I can’t comment about mystic, I personally fucking HATE chest events (the community seem split on that one), Pets are really just a massive crutch and people don’t realize that they (combined w/ chest events) are the underlying reason they hate the game (and everything being “ez” is just a symptom). I’m split on droprates, because on one hand, while I’d personally like to see what they are, it’s entirely possible they’re completely fucked and everyone is justifiably enraged - on the other, people will get their panties in a bunch all over again, 'cuz they’ll look at certain droprates and not realize that 100 tries at an item w/ 1% drop rate =/= 1/1 chance to get that item (as well as people who get them twice w/ half the attempts). UT weekends… duping, and the community is probably still fairly toxic.

@RMGnoob

Actually, I guess it kinda was bad to say that people “didn’t particularly hate kabam’s [game design]” because shatters was an incredibly rushed dungeon, puppet had horrible amounts of HP (both the minions and the boss itself - took like 5 minutes to solo, even on a warr), and third boss in cemetary will pretty much either outright kill you or do like, 30 damage. Even then, would you really say you’d rather have them pull the plug than add functional pets (or some equivalent paid, most likely-P2W content) keep the game going, though?

That’s not even remotely what you said in the other post.

At first it was “Blame the pets, not the game design”, now it’s “Blame the game design, not the pets”???

How about both?

Honestly this is why I don’t press space bar unless I need it, not if someone next to me is flashing red. If I happen to want some Armored, by all means enjoy 300 HP. But don’t treat me like a slave.

Agreed, if someone is going to have the audacity to act entitled to heals then I’d rather enjoy watching them die or nexus than reward their behaviour. Those kinds of people deserve it until they get the memo.

Expo wasn’t always good, if you didn’t read the whole thing about expo is used to only give 45 hp/mp, and 1 def/wis/vit. That is not good.

B-but what if I ask nicely on an npe knight who would really appreciate some healing? :c

Gemstone, and potato are both good rings.

Resu is best worn on paladin.

Mystic is very good, I’d even say it’s the best staff class in the game.

Wizard sucks, and is a very boring class to play.

I’d be happy if pets were removed, as long as everyone got some sort of compensation based on their pet levels.

Abyss is the most fun dungeon in the game, and still has good def drop rates.

The train is a mistake (I don’t hate fame trainers in particular, just the idea of the train existing)

Discord ruined realm in a sense, that I hate needing to be in 80+ man calls to be able to be involved with the community, and even then everyone but only a couple people are muted. Half the time I mute discord and listen to music or YouTube.

Bee helm is one of, if not the worse helm in the game. It relies too hard on RNG to be useful.

Spectral armor is terrible, and I don’t understand why so many people use it.

Pure HP isn’t as good as everyone think, and a mix between def and hp is nearly always better. (Unless you’re in LH)

Deca shouldn’t have messed with the old sprites. (Acclaim, and the LH tops)

Before pets were added expo was always better than pyra regardless of class.

Oreo, while being the worse seal in the game is also the most fun item to just mess around with.

Conflict is good after the buff, and when paired with a max divine pet allows it to out run ninjas.

While we’re also on the topic on Conflict, I don’t think it should stasis, and instead be a curse only orb.

Void tops are overrated, as there is barely any difference from them, and T11s.

Sure, if someone’s like “hey man can you press space bar” I will, but my problem lies with people who say stuff like “HP! NOW” or “Stupid priests do your job!”

This was me saying “wait a minute, no one has ever liked Kabam’s design, either”. That second part was saying that yes, pets are pretty bad, but w/o them (OR SOME EQUAL WAY TO MONETIZE THE GAME) realm would be dead rn. Weren’t you here for this? your profile age says you were. Weren’t you paying attention?

Actually, I guess it kinda was bad to say that people “didn’t particularly hate kabam’s [game design]” because shatters was an incredibly rushed dungeon, puppet had horrible amounts of HP (both the minions and the boss itself - took like 5 minutes to solo, even on a warr), and third boss in cemetary will pretty much either outright kill you or do like, 30 damage.

Thanks for not taking my statement out of context or anything.

From experience, back when I had a level 15ish heal pet, I had trouble clearing out a hive as a level 15. Bees sting too hard and the revival mechanic was kind of unfair. Also in boss the maggots get overwhelming after a while and in normal rooms they can get away easily and evolve too easily.

First of all, forget [OB] Reddit.

Second of all, I legit have no idea what the guy is trying to say. I don’t know how to make anything coherent out of his posts.

“You don’t actually dislike the game design, it’s all the pets’ fault”

“Actually the game design is bad and pets saved RotMG”

It’s like he’s having a debate with himself.

They never said pets weren’t the problem or that they saved rotmg. They said that they monetized the game, which is essential to keep a game going because these things have costs.

Game is too easy and people only die to bullshit reasons like lag. Make it so dungeons are hard and you can’t nexus during them (but also design a way to prevent people from leeching). Maybe make this a togglable feature and you get better loot for enabling it

It’s not that I don’t understand his arguments separately, it’s that I don’t get how they all congeal into something coherent.

Which is why, again, I’m probably going to abandon this discussion before it completely derails the thread.

Alright!

My unpopular opinion is that things should be nerfed instead of buffed, with the exception of pets.

Why exclude pets from the list? Pets for sure need nerfing in one way or another. Pets break the game more than slightly unbalanced items.

Pets I leave in a ??? zone because, well, people did pay massive $$$ for them and tbh I don’t want to start the pet debate here