Post your unpopular opinions about realm here

the problem is bplate is a direct cc upgrade

How’s that unpopular. Only problem I can see is with the armor where I think a bplate would be better.

@Beah How is bplate a direct cc upgrade. Campfires like cc for the DEFENSE it offers. So… we take bplate? Plus bplate only really works for knight and juggie warrior

It’s not a direct upgrade, and I wouldn’t consider it any sort of upgrade to cc. More like it’s another option, mainly to take advantage of the health in armor piercing situations But in the end, CC takes more damage than Breastplate of New Life, and I did a little bit of calculating to prove it. (And I’m pretty sure it’s right)

I didn’t factor in any healing or buffs. Starting with a Paladin with tops and a Ring of Decades If the paladin were to wear Breastplate of New Life, The Paladin would have 1120 HP and 42 DEF. If this Paladin were to take 100 damage shots until they died, the paladin would take 58 damage per shot and die in about 20 shots.
If the Paladin were wearing CC, the Paladin would have 960 HP and 60 DEF. If this Paladin were to take 100 damage shots until they died, the paladin would take 40 damage per shot and die in exactly 24 shots.

Yeah, in the end it’s down to two purposes. Personally, I would prefer bplate for halls runs as rather than worrying about overall damage taken, I’m afraid of instakills as my pet will be able to heal me back up if all I’m taking a few shots here and there. However, almost anywhere else, I would prefer candy. Personal preference though is just an accrop (cause still 0 dominions). I know it doesn’t give the best survival but I feel like it’s good enough for most situations and I know 10 dex isn’t that significant when it comes to the melee dps but I dislike anything that drops my hit rate (which is why I like csword over ASS)

That calc neglects many of the reasons new life is better. The first thing is that it takes cc about 9 shots to outpace new life in damage mitigation, which in a majority of cases you will not be taking in endgame dungeons as this is just not the nature of the shots held within. Another thing that cannot be ignored is that healing and etc does indeed matter very much, as the threshold for your healing, as well as time able to heal with a pet, is notably higher with new life. This means that even in cases of sustained damage, your higher potential hp does give you more inherent potential based on the healing at play. It also goes without saying that in the very high damage cases (of which there are many), the new life will soak these few shots with much more ease. There is also the bonus of not suffering as much from armor piercing, and all of this of course comes without the dex penalty. Factoring all of this, I fail to see how new life is not a better candy coated unless you are talking about an abyss rush or godlands farming, in which case you are not in enough danger anyways to need the swapout to Cc. This also does not factor that both warrior and knight with their higher defense values can wield the plate with more ease. I likely put too much text into this and reiterated my points more often than necessary, but to Tldr: in most cases, you will not even be taking the consecutive shots necessary for cc to outpace the new life, it is the new life which will often do the outpacing based on heal potential of pet, class equips or group, and no penalty + ignorance against pierce make it the clear and total winner in my book. Perhaps an argument can be made based on the users pet level/group/equip access, but a discussion regarding items must factor in all conditions, meaning I would much rather vest the life of my character in a new life than a candy coated. I am and have always been a CC fan, but I will not overlook the obvious advantages a new life will almost always have over it and call them a situational pair.

Wouldn’t New Life be slower with healing? Since you’re taking more damage because of the less defense, there’s more health to be recovered from each shot you’re taking.

I think the problem is that you’re kinda focusing on two classes when in fact four classes wear armors. Yes, breastplate is better on knight and warrior with juggernaut because they have the defense necessary to stop caring about the extra defense in which case HP does what matters, protect from instakills. HOWEVER, in doing this, you choose to ignore the exsistence of samourai, paladin, and the warriors without juggernauts like myself. In this case, although breastplate can be nice, I would prefer the extra defense if I’m going to be getting close to enemies. Knight and juggie warrior may have no real need for all the extra defense but that does not mean you can say the bplate is a direct upgrade from CC armor. Although bplate is definitely a solid, you’re initial statement was simply false.

My arg is factoring all 4 classes lol, maybe you did not choose to read it properly

There is more health, but this doesn’t factor that in the 160 hp you have more time to heal and have a higher healing potential, that is, to overheal past what cc cannot, giving more tank. This also ignores that 18 is a small amount (the extra damage taken by new life) in comparison to the 160 you are given, which was my point in the first post, that in this time you have multiple opportunities for healing to outpace ccs mitigation while cc will never have that chance due to its lower bar. (160 is a lot, especially depending on the level of heal)

You’ve got no idea how many people flame me for having FPlate on warrior.
Anyways, I don’t have a breastplate, but I think the armor that I actually want is Kamishimo… pity I don’t have that either :C

Ddocks is a hidden gem

Ninja is a good class.

The Loot system is awesome.

I enjoy how orange stars get more event whites than me.

me: has gotten ray, oreo, tablet, ogmur, kage, and bloody.
ree

Mystic is actually the funniest class to play (personal opinion tho) and curse is a heck of a debuff, the saddest part is it being used by few ppl, and its use as a “troll class” only makes things worse for its reputation. Seriously, i only played mystic because i had a few UT orbs, and it became my best character (died for game crashing while in the nest), so, I recommend you to give her a shot. (Sorry for typos, my english is bad :confused:)

I used to have fplate on warrior and I was considering Kamishimo on my own warrior but found that I was almost entirely out of armors so put it on my knight instead… HOWEVER, I feel like the def drop from bplate is just too much. I’m chill with a bit less defence then normal but 45 def on a warrior is a bit low in my opinion. 50+ is chill.

@Beah although it will be infrequent that you will tank so many shots that you would prefer candy armor, armor really only matters at all when you’re tanking a lot of damage, whether it’s a few huge shots or a bunch of small shots. If you’re talking about only taking a few shots here and there, candy armor is superior because you’re taking overall less damage so you’re pet can heal that damage faster.

Then use fire dragon armour maybe? The 40 mp from fplate is a total waste on the warrior.

This is my reasoning as well.
You just can’t hit 1000 hp without sacrificing a good amount of def any other way (excepting kamishimo)

That being said, my dream set would probably be Jugg/BPlate/Omni or Jugg/BPlate/Pyra for the looks while maintaining excellent usability.

18 more lost for the capacity of 160 is more than worth it, not only regarding pet healing but other healing as well, and the higher threshold allows you to be healing above the max capacity of cc. Of course you will get to full quicker with CC, but it is clearly a better choice to have a better well rather than one that is easier to fix.However, what you said also factors into the dex difference, because bplate is not only a better tank armor but is also something you can casually wear without sacrifice.

This motmg is and is going to be bad.
Deca is doing a bad job, since last month.