Post your unpopular opinions about realm here

The type of game that is entirely centered around loot collection, they have alot more things to collect, and usually better loot systems, than RotMG does

Discord runs are good in that you make new friends (more event runs though), normal endgame dungeons require a certain amount of focus to map read, so can’t really chat

They need to buff cc (candy coated)

Samurai needs a deflection ut waki

decoy pet ability is good

wdym by “deflection”

a waki that deflects projectiles either back at the enemy, or in the direction the cursor is pointed

I second this.

Rogue is good.
I enjoy playing rogue because I’m usually playing realm alone. ;-;

i always liked savage over electric but its nice to have one of each to switch to

That’s not an unpopular opinion. And I’m much too aware of it 8(

Or even idle games. They are centered around providing just enough new loot to keep you going on for hours while making no progress.

Yeah but give examples!

I don’t play and am not interested in them, i don’t know examples, but it should be easy to find some large examples looking up

Not sure if I’ve said that here in the past, but either way I’d like to see what y’all think about this : stars and fame on a character means nothing, you don’t need skill to gather stars so judging someone on their star color is stupid. I’ve seen blue stars that were godly at the game, while some white stars I’ve encountered couldn’t even dodge simple bullet patterns.

Most of the old ‘godly’ pre pet players would be horrible in modern realm.

I guess that would depend on the bosses they face. Most of the game is much easier than before with the pets, new items and stacks of healing/magic potions (they used to take one inventory slot each if you carried some around).

The new bosses are hard though, so it would take some time for those players to learn the patterns, like for everyone else discovering them.

I disagree. Yes, there are some people who got their white star or fame completly via training and some people who maybe only play 2 or 3 classes, but in 85% of cases the yellow/white star is going to be a much better player than the blue/red star. Regarding Fame I would say that someone who can keep characters alive long enough to get a few thousand fame is clearly better than someone who regularly dies at 700 fame or so.

Its certainly not without flaw (like anything else in life), but its the best “fast” indicator for someones skill we have.

Are we counting players that regularly run LH discord raids to accumulate fame as some of the better players? Discords do have requirements you have to fulfill first, some more strict than others, but the act of being in a raid is often less skill-intensive than playing the game without coms.

This, and the good old fame trains require no skill, which is why I don’t consider stars to be an accurate representation of one’s skill. If you got stars by completing difficult challenges, for instance being able to solo a rather difficult boss, or finish a dungeon in limited time, then I’d gladly accept most white stars as good at the game.

This reminds me of something another game had. In that other game, you could recognise a player if they had a specific cosmetic set that could only be acquired by defeating very difficult, endgame missions for which you needed excellent strategy, aim and coordination. As so, people with those cosmetics were respected as elite players.

However a cheap strat was found that made these missions trivial, as long as the player used some elaborate glitch. In a matter of days, these cosmetics were obtained by players that were really bad at the game, but used the glitch to get those anyway. What was originally a mark of respect was now something you could get regardless of your skill. Sure, some of those people are very good and got those legit, but there’s no way to tell them apart of the newbies that exploited the glitch.

Replace those cosmetics by the white star and the glitch by cheap methods like fametraining and LH raiding and you get a similar situation : what was supposed to be an award of dedication to the game and ability to keep a character alive through a difficult game is now awarded to any player that has the ability to simply follow a group of players.

TL:DR sure some white stars are worth respect and got this title for a reason, but if anyone can get it without even getting good at the game then it doesn’t mean anything anymore.

Boot On the Ground is underrated and it is the best fame bonus.

Yes, but star color is still a pretty good quick indicator of the other person’s general skill level. If I hop in an abyss with a yellow star, I’m going to feel pretty confident that they’re going to be good clearing in one direction while I go the other way. If they’re a light blue star, I’m going to go with them to make sure they don’t screw up and get themselves rekt. Obviously this is a very specific example, but you get the idea.