Post your unpopular opinions about realm here

The assassin is the worst class.

If you think about it the poison is pretty shit. Like it does around 100 damage per second for like 5 seconds and that’s it. It can be good when it’s maxed but its still not very good. You need a good pet for this class to be IGHT but still not very good. It’s like a Trickster but is worse and ability doesn’t make them teleport.

Is that unpopular, though?

It’s probably the most universal opinion (not everyone hates ninja/mystic), but probably tied with the samurai.

Assassin is probably the class I hate the most. I have yet to try updated bard though but from the first testing session it’s just about at that level

I don’t know. I recently came back and all the new skins look incredibly low effort. I mean the bosses are nice but the items look straight out of some private server. They’re all kinda ugly.

Occasionally there’s a good skin, but all the rest are garbage tier, look like something I’d make.

Dungeon cap should be decreased to 20 and hp scaling percentages should be higher

Csword>colo sword in most situations

Samurai at least offers some teamplay thanks to Exposed. +20 damage may not seem like a lot, but that adds up quite quickly in larger groups with lots of hits.
What does Assassin have? Armor Break if you have a rare event white? Cursed if you have a rare ST? Mediocre AoE damage that only becomes noticable in smaller groups?

They’re all biased towards Samurai because it’s newer than other classes.

Nah, it’s just more of a jack of all trades. I’ll admit I suck at it, but don’t hate it (doesn’t it give even more steamroll power though ;()

I’m confused though.

If you’re burnt out from the game, why would O3 restore your interest in it? Like I was saying before, it’s only a matter of time before you start losing characters left and right.

Why would nerfs restore your interest in the game either?

For every few minutes of jam packed action, there are hours of grinding.

You’re going to be faced with two options. Either you get on the grind or you’ll have to bow out of O3.

My unpopular opinion: I know the grind is what burns me out. The more times I have to see Limon the more I hate the game.

Why do you feel the need to see Limon, may I ask? If pots, just do some other content that you prefer, and trade for the Dexs. If EP/Plane, they’re common enough aren’t they?

it wouldn’t. nothing will, that’s the point. this isn’t about O3.

reintroducing challenge to a game that has lost it doesn’t come from a single endgame boss, it’d have to come from something that affects the entire game because the entire game was affected by the removal of any and all challenge. if adding a single hard boss was all you did then at best you’d make the game feel lively again for that one boss and nothing else, but more realistically it’ll probably just end up as another one to add to the pile of trivialized gameplay. IC/OoC was a step in the right direction, but it alone wouldn’t be enough either and I suspect deca would “forget” to take any of the necessary steps afterwards so it’ll end up not changing much.

I think you’re confused at least in part due to me agreeing with you on several points, something you probably aren’t used to hearing if I’m being perfectly honest. but while I agree on the points you raise, I draw very different conclusions from them. I agree that the game’s permadeath mechanics make challenging content unsatisfying to play, and I also believe that it needs some form of challenge to be interesting. something has to budge in order to resolve that contradiction or rotmg will stay stuck, and given how rooted those two issues are it’s very likely that whatever changes will provoke some sort of outcry.

just so we’re all perfectly clear and on the same page: my unpopular opinion is that rotmg as a “game” isn’t dying, it’s already dead. and that there is nothing in the realm of feasibility that will ever restore my interest in the game. there are changes that could be made that would grab my interest again, but they’re all far too radical to get off the ground in any realistic scenario.

Ah ok that makes sense.

MHeal/Heal/Any>>Heal/MHeal/Any

I disagree. i never spent money on my pet nor grinded lhs for a long time to get my divine. It just takes time overall and being patient enough to play the game.

I agree relatively, I think the Nest boss is perfectly doable solo. I think Fungal Cavern is hard, and is doable solo, but is simply not done because it has bad intuitive learning since it just expects to shotgun you for you to learn the mechanics. Like the spider can pop an 8/8 instantly and is the fastest minion in the dungeon and can enter the dash from out of your vision range. People have defended that, somehow. However, I like challenge, but the sincere problem with the game is that most the endgame content is attempting to rely on cheese, or pure bad design to kill you. Which makes me sick and want to quit. I could honestly care less if my death was something blatantly my fault even if my character was my 8/8 I worked so hard on and that I’d have to grind all that back again.

Lost Halls in particular is just horrible because enemies have far too much health, and there’s far too many rooms to clear to reach the boss, and the damage is poorly tuned, such that every innocuous enemy in the dungeon will deal >100 damage simply because designing interesting rooms was too hard. There is not a single room in the Lost Halls that I would call interesitng or fun to clear. Lost Halls is cohesively bad because it’s anti-challenge, it gates off almost every player from a serious clear and incentivises them to go in enormous parties that (still) effortlessly clear the dungeon, rewarding them loot better than anywhere else in the game for the ‘challenge’ they fought. It’s not what someone should be doing when they enter ‘the hardest dungeon’ because it’s clearly not.

If I were to be a rogue player, and just play the game how I want to play it, where I have small group Nests in realm whenever I’m lucky enough for it, and solo Fungal Caverns. I can do that, but there’s some oozing zombie ‘veteran player’ with great understanding of the game who is mindlessly grinding his hours pressing space on a priest in a LH discord run to get triple my reward. Not that I ‘care’ or will change how I play, but it is very stupid and the dungeon is a toxin on the game that seeps the worst out of players.

i was speaking on doing it as efficiently as possible not being patient. sure if you play the game for a few years and die frequently it shouldnt be a problem. I was mainly saying how the process for a pet is flawed. For players like me and others who enjoy preserving their characters and rarely die it is not a good system. Sure it is not that hard to get a f2p divine but the process could be improved.

EDIT: It is pretty pay to win and I’m not sure what you being able to get a divine pet has to do with that? I got one as well mainly f2p, but it is pretty pay to win as a system in general. Feedpower on items is low even lower with the nerfs and it takes lots of time to get. Whereas feeding purchasable pet food is much more convenient. Sure players can get divine f2p or 100 100 f2p I was just saying the process is not fun.

nice

What make you say this?