Potatoes rotating MBC regain HP and also a trade bug

If you play with enemy HP bars in LH, the potatoes that rotate MBC will seemingly regain their health when they rotate past you, and later reappear on your screen. I asked the RL “does potato heal?” to which they replied “no” and that it was just visual. I’ll try to record it next time I do a void.

Edit: Video below. Public LH run (so rip FPS) but the last potato gets damaged quite a bit, but when it comes around again, it appears to be full health.

Another minor annoyance (not so much a bug) is the anti spam-trade mechanism, since it doesn’t allow you to trade with two people in a short span of time.

For example, if you enter /trade Uniquourn (misspell) and I send you a trade offer, clicking Accept to my offer will do nothing but dismiss my request. You’ll have to wait something like 10-15 seconds before you can actually trade me. This always happens to me; I get excited by a good offer, get to the server super fast, type /trade playername mistyping their IGN and when they trade me I look like an idiot, dancing around muttering “ffs trade borked lmao xd”.

Trivial Issues Thread

I’m pretty sure this happens because the enemy “despawns”/gets too far away from your screen,
so the next time you see the enemy, the game will think it is the first time you encounter it so it makes it look like it has full hp even tho is damaged already.
This also happens when you tp late to a boss, it might look like its full health for you, but almost dead for the people already there

This is what a suspected, but then I also thought about enemies like Avatar which I swear the HP bar is reflective of the actual HP even when I TP late.

Edit:

Here’s a video of that:

• I’m trying to trade our beautiful Prime Minister, but whoops typed a bit too fast and spelt it wrong.
  • He desperately tries to sign NAFTA, to which I click Accept and spam trade him just as vigorously.
  • Finally trade goes through after like ~8 seconds?

I think I once saw Krathan (?) respond to this. I believe it’s got to do with health scaling - the “max HP” it shows will be equal to the HP it was left at.
Or, something like that.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure its that. I’ve seen the hp bar of the sentry event go up multiple times, and none of the other explanaitions in this thread would make sense for the sentry.

Wait, did the HP bar go up while the Sentry was on screen, or you backed away and it went up when you came back?

@Seelpit so the HP scaling is the cause regardless of if some dude joined/nexused? I guess it makes sense…Toast said it was “recalculated every 30 seconds” and maybe that reset does stuffs to what’s displayed.

(Aside, @Nevov I’m so sorry for making you have to always split my shit from the megathread, I’m so damn lazy! I’ll try to do better…xd)

Ah, maybe that’s the thing - don’t think of that as a MEGATHREAD but a place to collect only the complete trivial things like the example in the OP (spelling errors, etc) that have no direct effect on gameplay. Start with the viewpoint that new bug=new topic, things can always be merged if truly trivial. Also probably not trivial if it needs a video/etc or any kind of explanation more than a couple of words.

Went up while I was there.

I noticed the same thing for Puppet of Pain and Puppet of Chaos. After the invulnerability phase they go through what appears to look like it’s hp is brought back to full health, however none of it is restored.

the HP is just caused by the enemy leaving your client’s loading range and then loading back in. The HP had already gone down on the server’s side, but your client had to reload it, making it appear to be at full HP.

I assume this bug is an issue with scaling, I never saw it before scaling became common.
Also I have never seen it occur with a unscaling enemy, which adds to my suspicion.

In other words, the actual max max-HP of an hp-scaled enemy is calculated server-side, and the present-HP of an enemy is tracked server-side, but the HP bar is rendered client side and its max is set at the present-HP value for the enemy at the time it is loaded. So when an enemy reloads you get a fresh bar.

I think.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.