Potential Rotmg Modifications

Ideas I’ve recently made while playing RotMG. It’s not well developed but it’s suggestions for what needs modifications and potential ideas for how to complete the change. Not everything in here needs a change (Mystic is kind of there just there because I want it more beginner friendly). I understand that few people are going to agree with me. However, if you want to make a comment about why I’m wrong, please read my argument first. I know the majority of you do, but there always those few who read the headers and immediately respond.

Also, it was kind of written when I was bored so the grammar is not anywhere near the best. Please do not judge arguments based off of the quality of the writing.

Advice: If you can see why a edit should be needed, you probably don’t want to read the long ass summary. Just read the suggestions

Well, reading it through.

Knight: I like it fine as-is, but that doesn’t mean it could use a rework somewhere.

Mystic: just because stasis doesn’t work in some places doesn’t mean disregard it, it still works in a lot of places. Also, orbs start giving berserk, which boosts damage. Also 10 spd is considered good by a lot of people. When soloing/small groups, you benefit from a personal dps buff from berserk, and an enemy curse effect. When in large groups, that dps won’t even make a difference. I agree with your commentary on split opinions, and make test chests immune to stasis.

Vit/wis rings: agreed, they need a buff. To keep them even with the other rings (+9 of a stat, etc.) maybe just buff how effective vit and wis are.

Esben staff: i like either of your proposed buffs.

Spirit staff: do whatever, its fine as-is or slightly changed.

Demon blade: havent used this yet (citation: my bad abyss luck, just got first today) but increasing true range to similar of a pixie seems like pixie would get the same problem as you just tried to fix with spirit staff.

Mad robe: A is not as great imo, vit needs a buff, not just add more vit to everything. Makes the numbers uneven with other items. I don’t completely understand B, seems op or hard to implement. C seems OP for a lot of early game.

FDBA: not enough experience with it to say if it needs a rework. If it does, I like the idea of switching stats with oryx st armor.

Void bow: either change sounds good.

Orb of Aether: no personal experience, but sounds fine as is.

Doom bow: seems logical

Crystal sword: its ok right now but people say its outclassed by pixie. Buff the damage or the range by just a little bit would be my suggestion.

Tl;dr Hi. blah blah blah… go have a :cookie:

Knight: For the last time, just use Scutum instead of your overused Scrotum. We get it. It means anus. Aside from that, the given option C does seem like an interesting take on the controversy surrounding Shields.

Mystic: Making Test Chests immune to Stasis is not so much a fix to the class as much as it is just a general, agreed-upon standard that should be set.
I do agree that Stasis is not extremely useful in most scenarios, making Mystic mostly Curse-focused. Would be more fun if it could be slightly better, though I can’t think how, off the top of my head.

Wisdom and Vitality rings: I’m more a fan of consistency, so having a health and mana regeneration rework sounds better than sacrificing the lovely consistency. Though Geb Ring should probably be nerfed to, like. 7 wis or so. Add 3 wis to the total set bonus or something.

Esben Staff: I don’t think the amplitude and frequency should be the same as tiered staves, but I do think the amplitude should be slightly lower, to make landing both shots easier, instead of them only hitting at either slightly in front of you, or at the very end of the 7.2 range.

Spirit Staff: Since I lack any experience with it, I can’t say for sure if it’s as bad as it is. Which is why I’d love to tag Skandling here to see if they know any better, but I’m not sure if they want to voice their opinion…

Demon Blade: Mmh, I reckon a slightly increased true range won’t hurt.

Robe of the Mad Scientist: I made a topic on that myself, so look at that for my view on it. I don’t agree with the possibilities you provided, to be honest…

Fire Dragon Battle Armor: Eh. I think that giving it 5 speed and 5 attack in trade of the 3 vitality might make it better than the options you provided. You seem to really enjoy making things extra crème de la crème extreme, à la Tlatoani, which is a polar opposite to my view of UTs. That’s probably a factor in my judgment here.

Bow of the Void: Sure, a negative stat does sound nice. I agree, since it fits half the set pretty nicely (both of those pieces sacrificing speed). Perhaps, some dexterity?

Orb of Aether: No need for yet another class. I do agree that its effects are maybe a little too different from the other Orbs.

Crystal Sword: As this is just a drop chance change, I can’t really make a big point about it. I do want it to have a 4% fame bonus, though.

Sorry about the scrotum thing. I legit thought it was called scrotum because so many people called it scrotum

Also, I did comment on your mad lab robe. I don’t think my solutions were the best. In the end, I just believe a mad lab robe should be entirely reworked.

Finally, in response to firebattle, I agree that that would be nice but wouldn’t that make it broken? Even though it’s a rare item, I don’t think that it should be buffed to the point that it’s considerably better then the other options

1. Stasis has a cooldown of sorts.

This was in the knight section

That’s because it goes on to compare how stun would benefit from a similar cooldown. Finish reading the section.

sozz

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.