POWER's Guide to Posting and Editing Sprites

The brush around selection creates an outline.

You. Are. Amazing.

This was nice to read just because of the little things and details that really make an item or image great!

Have a :heart:

Man, excellent guide! Just saying, if those ants are pissing you off and you can’t get them away, press Ctrl-D or CMD-D on a Mac.

Hey, that’s pretty good! :grinning:

Incredible effort! Very helpful :slight_smile:

I can’t get the shadow. How can I get off the wand tool? It’s still having that dotted line around in.

This is how mine turned out.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1raT4ZO7HEKrj95S4pyEiswJeBKHWY20MrjNnQQRBMJQ/edit

look on this

Hi MeteorMons!

I’d imagine that the issue you are having is very common. First off, you don’t need to get off of the wand tool to do the rest of the editing. If you do want to get off the wand tool, or any other selection, click the regular selection tool (the box with the dashed line) and click anywhere on your image to deselect.

Below is the relevant fix your shadow problem:

If I’m not mistaken, you probably didn’t double click on your layer to unlock it (lock icon next to the layer is still there). Deleting sections from a locked layer on Pixlr leaves a square image with a white background: if you try to apply a shadow, it’s going to be outside of the range of the image even though it technically exists. Make sure that, after you press delete, you see a checkerboard of white and light grey instead of just white for your background. That means that the background is transparent.

Ok, thank you so much. I got so scared.

wow gimp on vista is so complicated

Never thought making a sprite would be so complex.

Well I don’t have much knowledge on vista so I may not be the best of help.

What did you use to create the sprite in step 1?

The rotmg art maker: http://www.realmofthemadgod.com/draw.html

Transferring sprite from sprite maker to forums
New Class Idea: The Shogun

My question is: How do you “change” an actual ingame sprite with custom ones? I now understand how to make custom sprites now, but I dont know how to put them in.

Modified clients are against the tos and shouldnt be discussed here.

What can I do to slow the resolution without losing quality?

A post was split to a new topic: What can I do to slow the resolution without losing quality?