Priest question

Hi, I’ve got a question regarding priest UT weapons. Recently I got my 3rd one, conducting (I have cwand recomp and condu now). My question is which wand do I use on which enemies? Thank you for reading and hopefully helping!

recomp is good on everything, condu for a little extra dps

cwand is good for endgame stuff stone guards/O2

I guess you could also try to get ST Abraham, which has more range and doesn’t pierce as it’s able to snipe certain enemies before they activate.

I answered an identical question here, but that was for Sorcerer.
As such, I’ll give you the chart for Priest. Since you’re using Recompense, I’m guessing you also use a GSorc, so the following graph should apply to your Priest:

• From 30 def, Recompense performs worse than Crystal.
  • From 48 def, Crystal performs better than Conduct.
  • Conduct will always deal more damage than Recompense.
    However, keep in mind that Recompense pierces through enemies; as such, events like the Cube God and Skull Shrine are to be tackled with said wand, while with standalone bosses such as the Marble Colossus (50 def), it’s better to use the Crystal or (if you don’t have one on you) Conduct.
    To quickly give you examples in the form of endgame material:
  • Thessal: Crystal
  • Oryx 1: Crystal/Recompense (in minion phases)
  • Oryx 2: Recompense, Crystal (minion, <22,500 HP, respectively)
  • Test Chests: Conduct
  • Tomb: Crystal, Conduct (Bes; Nut, Geb)
  • The Nest: Recompense, Crystal (clearing, boss)

and so forth. In other words: can’t hit boss due to minions? Recompense. Can hit boss, but high defense? Crystal. Can hit boss, low defense/armor broken? Conduct.

any maxed sorc would get sb with a t6 wand

s h u t

please

the truth

all you need to know is that recomp is mainly hordes/gland farming
conduct is mainly 1 enemy bosses
cwand is the big boi bosses with lots of def

Recomp pierces. If other wands had much greater range or much greater DPS then they might be viable but they don’t. Generally Recomp is good 99% of the time because of piercing.

The other wands all have small benefits, but they are small:

• St Abrahams has a little more range. Previously all wands had 10 range, now only this wand does. There are a couple of places this is really handy: killing the Mad Lab boss without activating him for example.
  • Conducting wand does a little more damage, but only a little. Good if you are focussing on only one enemy for a long time, and there is nothing in the way, but the benefit is small.
  • Crystal wand ignores armour, but this only helps against a handful of enemies. The Avatar, the Stone Guardians, Switches in Shatters.

Some have stat bonuses which can help. But this depends on your actual stats, your other gear and your class so is hard to give general guidance on. Also as they don’t pierce they are useful in perhaps the one place you don’t want a piercing weapon, in a Tomb when you are trying to keep it clean. But even there a piercing wand is more useful once they start spawning artefacts and scarabs.

cwand on tomb bosses, recomp godland farming and on hordes of enemies, and conducting…is really bad. Use it on chests and bosses where you’re safe to use it on.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.