Prism of Charming Auras

Prism of Charming Auras

Huh, where am I? How is Alexander fair? You, will you… help me find him.

Stats:

• Tier: Untiered
  • MP Cost: 125
  • Duration: 4s
  • Effect: No teleport, sends out the spirit of Thessal decoy that bursts at the end of its duration, or on contact with an enemy
  • Burst: Charms enemies within 1.75 tiles for 15-30s (randomly ran out of duration in that time, for example: enemy can ran out of duration and attack you back in 17 seconds, or 28 seconds, RNG basically
  • Cooldown: Until all charmed enemies die, or all ran out of duration
  • Stat Bonus: +3 ATT, +5 SPD,
  • Fame Bonus: …
  • Feed Power: …

Edit:

New status effect:

Charm causes enemies to attack their allies, helping the adventurers before regaining conscious

Loot Bag:

• White

Drops From:

• Drop location: Thessal the Mermaid Goddess

So following from the post i made a year ago, I made a post about the Manipulator class idea, and it was pretty sucked, as I created that idea out of pure random thought that came up to me at 6 am in the morning while Im playing realm, and now I took the suggestion from Bluenoser and decided to rework it to a Prism. Yes I know, there is a lot of prisms that have no teleport thing, and Thessal already have 2 whites, but might as well dream it. I really like this idea but it seems hard to balance so any thoughts is welcomed. No sprite yet, because I suck at it so any one wants to make a sprite will also be really welcomed.

Balance note: The Prism can’t charm boss obviously, any enemies that cause a status effect shots will be removed and shot normal damage only to follow my theory that their charmed soul is weaken by thessal therefore their shots is weaker than before, some enemies will be immune to the effect of charm like Crusader commander because um… He have a strong mind. The 3 att and 5 spd is the auras of thessal that helps the user rallied.

Its pretty easy to come up with something for these (just dont put anything to outlandish)

Also what does this “charm” effect exactly do?
Will the Thessel decoy be smaller than the original boss?
Do you have a sprite?

Im more focus on the prism, you can imagine the fame bonus and feed power, and lol just realized i forgot to put description for charm. And yes, the thessal decoy sprite is like the decoy, but more like thessal in a sense, no I don’t have a sprite, maybe I’ll do it some other time.

Charm does seem like a pretty cool idea

(Just an idea, you could make it have a duration instead of lasting until they die (then they could turn on you when you arnt expecting it (just an idea though)))

that’s pretty cool.

Charming Oryx 2 to kill his own minions

Essentially the Panic ailment from the Etrian Odyssey series, or Confusion from your more general run-of-the-mill RPGs.
Yeah, no.
Why do I say no?
Because the ‘until death’ thing literally means you could use something like say Lost Hall enemies to your advantage until they die. Make it a timed status, not a ‘until death’ status.

Agreed. Also make a lot of enemies immune to it; it seems overpowered if you can just get a Crusade Commander to destroy the entire crusade.

sorry, i was following BlueBoa idea to make it have duration, forgot to change the description, fixed the description of the charm

well i did say that crusade commander is immune to it.

I remember charmed from final Fantasy Tactics Advanced. It does the same thing. At least, that’s where I remember it from. It’s probably in other games too. Lol.

It’s a common RPG status effect, similar to “Fear” or “Confused”. Doesn’t mean it’s a bad idea to have in this game, though.

Right! It would add a whole different layer to gameplay. And this might be op, but when the enemy is charmed it can count as an “ally” so that way you can put warrior and paladin buffs on it!

In theory, the concept sounds really cool and could add a lot of depth to the game!

But then you have to think about the fact that with enough risk, you can break any dungeon fairly easily. All you have to do is be ballsy enough to drag like 10-20 hard enemies to the boss room, permanently charm them all, and watch as they demolish anything that’s nearby.

There’s also the fact this status is right from The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.

Yes, but the enemy only get charmed for a duration before they turn on you again, and boss can deal quite some damage too so they either turn on you or they get killed, but either way, I don’t think anyone can drag that much enemies into the boss room.
Also I swear I didn’t get this from The Binding of Issac, never even played it.

There is no mention of an immunity timer on enemies and being charmed, so with more than one or the right set of skills, enemies can be permanently charmed.

Also, you’d be surprised. People can already drag a 50+ count god wall on a non-melee as it is.

oh yikes, yeahh i forgot about the ability spam.
And yes, I would actually be surprised and funny.

Simply add an Immunity timer:

x + 6 seconds

Nice, thanks for the feedback man, eventhough nobody is reading this now.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.