Private Message Requirements

What do you think guys about adding a 10 star requirement to sending private messeges. It’s annoying to getting pm by bots at realms. Let me know what do you guys think about this.

I get spammed by stupid level 1 accounts every day… this is a good idea :slight_smile:

Uh… you can already set a star filter to incoming messages. I believe it was last year that Deca made so that the filter also applies to PMs.

This is already in place within the settings. What needs to be added is a Copy-Pasta blocker that detects… copied messages.

If it only could work on the bots i wouldn’t have wrote this post

If it doesn’t work on the bots it’s because the bots have 10 stars or more.

The only surefire way to ignore all bots would be a filter that ignore every message, regardless of stars.

Copy-Pasta blocker? That would block trading in USWest as almost every message is a spamming of copy/paste.

Exactly. I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t even bother /ignoring bots that pm me because you can never win that battle.

It’s pretty easy to filter out though and I can recognize bot PMs from real PMs. Plus the bots don’t pm you that often.

That breaks the whole point of the trade server. Without being able to spam your offer you won’t get any trades. If you can only send out your message once or twice not many people will see it. If you don’t like the spam, don’t play on the trade server. Or get used to having chat spam in the nexus.

You misunderstood what I said, I was saying it was a bad idea. (I was responding to Warlordz)

Oh…

Would it matter if we had the option of turning the blocker on and off?

Players would surely be able to choose whether this feature was enabled or not.

I get pms from red and orange star bots, this wouldnt really help me out that much

Copy-Pasta! mmmmm…

Yeah sure, but I would have no clue how you do it so I think the start requirement would be easier to implement

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.