Problems and Solutions: Gold

Thought I would get more comments that are like, “Hey, this is really good, but here are a few things you should change!”

Most of you are like, “OMG, this is the worst post ever.”

Why is that a problem? Every game must stay afloat, and premium currency is the most popular solution.

I’m f2p, have 9 char slots, a good few chests, and a maxed leg pet. It isn’t too bad to get pretty good at this game, as long as you put the effort into it. Deca has recently been giving extravagant amounts of previously gold-only items through daily calendar rewards and event chests.

The word’s necessity if you’re interested in knowing

Yeah, but when you think about it, it isn’t like they are giving swords and wands and rings and stuff out. They are only giving out things like potions.

Swords and wands and rings are what you get through playing the game! Deca shouldn’t be giving those out. Understand that noone should buy any sword or wand or ring from the nexus in gold. Its a horrible deal. All active players in this game got their items through some sort of grind. Low lands and mid lands drop okay gear while glands and higher dungeons drop even better. Watch tharm’s sorc npe to see the tier progression of the game(put it on 0.25x for thefirst few seconds). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUxaPwMu32A
(also that char is ridiculously good)

Wrong, they are giving out ST, regular, and epic chests all which can drop weapons.

No offense, but I find it sort of funny how complaints about the basic gold system and ideas to “rework” it almost always comes from someone who only recently joined the game.

After the changes made by Deca, at this point everything you can buy with gold are things you can get by playing the game (with the exception of some cosmetics).

The addition of gear for gold by the previous owners was among the most detested actions ever done in the eyes of most players. It’s simply a waste of your time and money and isn’t worth it anyways. Even a low-skilled player can get an acclaim after a few minutes to hours of farming pots or begging during WC events without spending a single cent, much less $10. Rather than trying to make gold free, maybe it’s better to try to get the items you want by playing the game for a few weeks. Game’s all about patience, after all.

My char?

No… just no…

It’s a shame new players think it’s a good idea to buy equipment in the nexus. The solution you want is not free gold, but people being able to drop high tier equipment in brown bags. It would make the life of new players easier and help me mariekondo my vault.

Correct. DECA needs money. They’re a business.

The only world where I would be ok with this is if only very end-game bosses had a chance to drop 1-5 gold. Like nest, lhs, and shatts. Even then 1-5 may be too much

One reason this game is unique is the self-run player economy. Please please please please don’t take that away.

No.

As an old player, I can 100% say that there is one way to get into RotMG: play the damn game.

There are sometimes mystery boxes that cost 50-ish gold. I can already see mules being made to abuse that feature

Not sure what you mean by this, but IIRC Deca is working on a chat rework.

Someone has to invite you to a guild. It’s similar to when someone trades you - the invite will appear on the bottom right. From there you can either accept or deny the request. Asking around crowded servers for a guild should net you a guild. I can’t promise it will be a good one, or even an active one, but it’s something.

No. You’re supposed to play the game to get those better weapons.

And then, what’s the point of t0 weapons and abilities?

Same problem with mules

One reason for this is a lot of the chat has moved to Discord, where friends can talk to each other in real time. Of course, there’s nothing stopping you from starting a conversation. Run a few dungeons with 1 - 3 people, try to chat a few of them up. It’s not insanely difficult to find friends on here, you just have to put in the effort.

I explained how to join above, but creating is a whole different matter. It costs a lot of fame, and I don’t think the option will be available to you for some time. Also…

https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/realm-of-the-mad-god use this wiki if you have further questions about the game - just type in the subject of what you’re confused on or want to read up more on. “guild” “mama megamoth” “rogue guide”

Not sure why you’d want them, but they’re t0. They’re supposed to be the worst of the worst. Deca isn’t going to waste your time, and theirs, by coding in t0 drops.

Overall, I think you meant well, but if I’m being honest, none of these solutions are good ideas.

Actually there is one item(dunno if it still spawns anymore tho), which is a soda that has 200(I think) feedpower.

Yeah its hard to get friends off of this game. Try to switch servers(USW2 always has 80 ppl+ in a realm) and find other new players to talk with.

It did used to be 100 free gold some years ago.
They reduced it at some point (I think maybe first to 50?, and then to 40, but can’t exactly remember), possibly because people were exploiting this as a route to get free keys.

You can get 8 pet feeds out of the 40 gold, that’s about the most useful thing it can do.

yikes

YIKES

That’s 5 bucks friend.

I can’t wait to farm midlands for like an hour, I’ll be able to buy like a third of the vaults!

You don’t need gold for pretty much anything other than vaults and character slots, even then Deca hands them out relatively frequently.

There’s a reason nexus tops are a meme

You don’t need to get super lucky, you need to farm, T5 abilities aren’t nearly as rare as you think they are. just run sprite worlds for a little bit, get a pet, run the weekly dungeon events, you can buy a good set (T11 weapon, T5 ability, T12 armour, and a T4 HP ring) for about 4 defense, that isn’t a lot, run 8 sprite worlds and sell the dexterity potions for defense potions, you’ll have a decent set in no time.

Starting gold is intentionally low so people can’t just make a ton of alt accounts and buy stuff with them.

Guilds are entirely player run, you have to be actively invited to a guild to get in.

That’s intentional, if it were 100 people could just make a ton of alt acccounts and buy an infinite amount of keys with them.

You need 1000 fame to create a guild, to join a guild you need to be invited to them (I’ll make another reply and link some adverts on the forum.)

There aren’t any other T0 items, running around the beach can get you plenty of T1 items and the forest right outside of the beach can get you up to T3 weapons and armour and t2 rings and abilities.

You’re a new player, learn the game a bit more, there are a ton of guides on youtube.

Check out Talwar, he does a ton of guides for the game, I recommend you look specifically at These guides; Getting good, Maxing, Farming for potions, Farming for loot, and Pets.

Hi, welcome to the game and to the forums! I’m just here to clear up a few things about your post, but it’s great that you’re already getting involved in the community so quickly after joining.

Most of us here are fairly late game players, and for us T5s aren’t rare at all. They’re like rolled up newspaper to us - common and useless. If something was to be truly arre, it would have to be a whitebag drop from a hard dungeon. This website, realmeye, also has a wiki for the game. Check it out and read some of the guides on it, you’ll really find them useful. Also try watching guides from youtubers such as bickuribox12 they are really good visual resources to help new players like you get started.

Good luck!

I know this tread is old but gold is meant for the game to stay up and deca has given gold only items in the calendar and players earn items themselves

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.