Producer's Letter: End of MotMG, Clarifications and Updates

x-post from https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/9direq/producers_letter_end_of_motmg_clarifications_and/

The Death Thread
The General Chat Thread

I totally called that they accidentally screwed up the rates in the first few hours instead of it being malicious

Still, I love these producer letters, they reinforce my belief that DECA is much better than Kabam, who would’ve tried their hardest to sweep something like that under the rug

If they would actually change the droprates with a malicous intent, then they surly wouldnt lie about it
/s

If they would actually change the droprates with malicious intent, then they surely would bring attention to it in one of the most read documents on the reddit

/s

Aren’t there 15 classes

Its a classical tactic of damage limitation

Or everyone could stop making DECA out to be some sort of money-grubbing cartoon villain. They make quite a few mistakes, sure, but if they truly didn’t care about the game beyond making money, things like Silex screwing around in the nexus with keys wouldn’t happen.

Well people complain the rates we too high then they complained they were too low

It’s a pissy lot who can never be satisfied by anything deca does

Be looking for that new roadwork! Always hyped to see more stuff. Didn’t get affected by too many of this month’s issue, so no problems there. Didn’t really participate in the events though. The biggest reason is that new class I wanna try out (and still is), and rediscovering some of the old classes. It’s been quite a while since I made a non-fame grinder wizzy, and I got a tablet! WOOT!

Hate to burst your bubble, but the tablet is notoriously shit

39%20AM

Omegalul

MoTMG wasn’t bad, but it was so fucking unoriginal and boring :confused:

ur boring

also do you just live on the forums

Samurai was so boring even Deca forgot about it lmao

w0t
forums are a cool pastime when school is cancerous like @GuldGRISEN :^)

I know! I’m gonna have a hell of a time messing with it.

Deca’s lost quite a bit of credibility with me and a lot of other people. They may not be at Kabam level yet, but it’s not hard to imagine a future in which they are.

They even flat out said that they’re going to continue with the relentless chest events because it makes them money, even though quite a lot of people are pretty fed up.

I haven’t given up, but there’s really not much hope in statements like this.

I have some thoughts to share:

People sitting in nexus waiting for somebody to pop things- what about encouraging people to still play the game by making the chest non guarantee if dungeon is from the key (or in nexus)?

Unity client- I want to see some pre release trailer right now :gun:

The code and server architecture we inherited are the real bottleneck when it comes to overall performance.

So I’m guessing it’s ‘unfixable’ without a major update.

At least they’re honest about what they do, unlike Kabam! who would keep sweeping things under the rug.

Getting mega buffed