Profane Spell of Blood

edited 1/19/20 - Added sick as a side effect

Profane Spell of Blood
blood%20spell
A spell that requires the user’s own blood as a power source. A practice of spells that is seen as savage and sometimes as an act of heresy. Blood is seen more valuable in the eyes of the spell the more the user is tempted to use it under perilous circumstance.

Blood%20Tear Blood Tear

Cost: (40% x (1.5-(current HP before casting/Max Hp))) of current HP and 55 MP
Shots: 10
Projectile Speed: 13 Tiles/Second
Lifetime: 1.15 Seconds
Damage: 400 x (1.65 - (current HP before casting/Max Hp))
Total Damage: 2600 - 6600 (4600)
Side Effect: Sick for 1 second
Range: 15
Stat Bonus: +5 VIT, +3 ATT
Drop: Malus

Details: With its cheap mp cost, it is quite spammable but with a high risk and high reward play-style as it also costs HP and the short sick effect will prevent pets from healing encouraging more strategic timing and punishing players who spam recklessly. Players cannot die casting this spell as it costs a player’s portion of their current HP not maximum; even at 1 HP the player can still cast this. Out-damages Jade Storm if player casts while below 52% HP. Has damage similar to T6 Spell when casting at 100% HP. HP% cost becomes higher the lower the user’s HP is.

Perspective: after 3 consecutive casts at 100% HP you’ll be left with 36% of your HP while outputting 10,280 damage assuming you hit all your shots.

This is an interesting spell design for sure. I’ve always liked high risk high reward play styles

Imo you should scrap the third sentence, the beginning is already really good.

The idea behind the spell is great, although I’m a bit worried about what Divine pets will do to it. Maybe add something like a short Bleeding effect and reduce the HP reduction? I don’t know.

Bleeding won’t do much to a divine pet, but you make a very good point. What if the spell inflicted sickness?

Yeah, I forgot Bleeding didn’t stop heals, just natural regeneration. Sick is what I meant to suggest :man_facepalming:

I was reluctant on adding sick, but now it seems more reasonable. More so if you consider players exploiting this spell by purposefully keeping their max HP unmaxed or low so a divine pet can easily bounce back in terms of HP percentages.

@NitroFrost do you play bloodborne lol

That was my inspiration!

strong abilities but need cost HP to cast them… this game really need add item like this one!!!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.