Proposal to Convert RotMG to a Subscription-Based Model

Edit: I’ve already understood that the idea isn’t popular, and I get that. My only request to you, whoever may be reading this, is show a tiny bit of courtesy.
I am open to criticism of the idea I’ve posted, but I am not really interested in being told “your idea sux. End of discussion”.
If your post isn’t provoking any meaningful form of discussion or feedback, there’s no need to actually comment to let me know the idea sucks in your opinion.

Hey guys,
So, I made a topic related to this with a poll to try and foster discussion on an idea I had. I got more responses than I expected. (Didn’t expect the poll to be that harshly skewed either though!).

I’ve come back with a more well worded (I hope) idea, and would like to see if anyone’s open-minded to having a discussion on the idea in any way?

That’s the first version of the proposal for those of you interested in having a discussion on it. Let me know how you feel. I’m looking forward to all the feedback I can get for the idea! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
AznPwnage

Convert RotMG to Subscription-based?

The goal of this is to allow membership to become tradeable

Stopped reading right there. This goal will never be achieved for a plethora of insolvable reasons, so there is no point in going further.

I’d rather just have consumable tradable that drop from certain dungeons give extra perks than make the whole game more pay to win than it already is. Use would be like loot potions.

• Should this thread should be deleted with the idea wiped from our minds and history?- YES
  • Should this idea be implemented? - YES (instant ban for selecting this option)

0 voters

No more shall be said.

It’s time to stop.

I think the discussion was overwhelmingly a

NO.

you’re not @MessltUp?

Different account.

I understood that part. There was some discussion going on in the comments.

So notoriety is basically an alternate gold that you can earn… right? You mention it could eventually serve the same purposes as gold, like mystery boxes, etc.
Are you saying it will replace gold? Because… Thats dumb af. (You did say that on some point)
Vaults, slots, all for some grindable currency?

last time i checked

12month = 1 year = 365 days

With your prices, rotmg will become a super expensive game, its more expensive than even the most expensive games. Like most games you pay $80 max and tada! you play for life. And even as a f2p game, it doesnt appeal to a ton of players.

I usually dont say an idea is bad, but this is pretty bad,

it looks like you are grinding for membership?

The prices are a bit skewed, I admit. Those could be tweaked I suppose.
The biggest point I was trying to push was that membership wouldn’t mean that free to play players would lose out on any point of the game. Membership would give a steady source of revenue for Deca, one where players could also benefit, even by paying only $10 per month. The price may be too high for some people - I don’t live in the United States, and I know it is for me.
The biggest goal of my proposal was to make sure that non-paying players would still have the same experience they do now. And if they were so inclined to, they could grind out membership if they felt like it.
This was just a first pass over the idea. I want to thank the people who gave feedback. I might retune some of the aspects I suppose. Any other points anyone would want to make are totally appreciated. You can PM me too if the post seems too public and hostile (:

Good idea lets ruin the slow growth of our community by making it cost. Good idea

Holy shit wow what a gif. Where did you get it??? It’s opened my eyes to the flaws in my idea thank you very much for being so vocal and appealing to my sensible side with that gif. It must have taken you hours of dredging the internets to get that gif right? Amazing what you can achieve once you put your mind to it!

Kudos AznPwnage for not letting the community get you down with such negative feedback.

But I must say, I don’t really like the idea either. If any subscription model should be implemented in the game, I envision it as one that would free us from all the microtransactions. A model in which, once paid, you’d have all the perks there was. Of course, RotMG was never built to support such a model.

The prices are quite high. I mean, a measly 4 dollars discount for buying twelve months worth of premium time compared to one month? I would expect at least 25% off for such a big trade.

The ways to acquire Notoriety are anti-co-op (double hyphen, woot!). If I know I can get more Notoriety soloing a dungeon, I’ll try to make sure no one enters the dungeons I enter. Unless I got it all wrong.

All in all, your proposal seems very convoluted and I don’t see what exactly we could gain from it. If “more money to Deca” is the principle behind all this, I don’t see it happening with your proposal. If “free stuff to the people” is the motivation, as someone who hasn’t spent a dime on the game, I can tell you that I don’t need anything else but the free aspects of the game to have fun. Sure, I happily took the free vault space and char slot Deca gave us on march, but I don’t need it, and I’m probably on the minority here.

But it was an interesting read and it made me realize that maybe we already have the best possible payment system in place (I mean, that fits the game). But I’m not sure about that. It’s a different and bold idea to say the least, not something you see everyday. Glad to have you around the forums, AznPwnage.

Truly I do not know what to say to this

Thanks a lot friend (:

In my opinion, Deca’s time and resources would be better spent on fixing the current problems in the game. I don’t think people want to subscribe to a game that has a lot of problems. I’d rather donate money to Deca if they promised to move away from flash and rewrite the game.

I agree, the game has a lot of problems. But the same could be said about buying gold. You’d think no one would want to spend money on this game, yet the mystery boxes seem to be doing fine.

Bottom line is that both gold purchases or a monthly subscription model would give Deca money to move away from flash. Wether they’ll do it or not, time will tell.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.