PSA: do not enter ddock pops unless it's nexus

Who was that

There’s a need for starting rooms in dungeons to be fully protected, at least for a sufficient amount of time for players to adjust themselves accordingly. Dungeons like the fungal cavern, crystal cavern, lost halls, ddocks, shatters and maybe a few others I’ve missed are all extremely vulnerable to incidents like these happening I’ve seen a few ideas from a few people, but the main idea is to extend the invulnerability time when loading into a dungeon especially on Exalt.

Another alternative solution is to add a timer above or below the dungeon portal, which allows players to see how long the dungeon portal will last before expiring. It’s a nice little QoL change that could also help reduce the chances of players getting cucked by this.

I just spam the heck out of my R hotkey to nexus, I press it and don’t stop mashing until a second after the nexus starts loading

Optionally give permanent invulnerability/stun/silenced until the player moves off of where they loaded in, upon which it is removed. It’s really not that deep imo

Haha, yes, I do something akin to that as well. It doesn’t always help, however.

I do like that concept, and while I think it’s worth utilizing, it’s still incredibly abusable, because now even though those people won’t die now, nexusing is a requirement. Thankfully, I don’t think this duping can be easily pulled off with natural drops, but then again, the poppers are wasting their portals unless they planned on soloing it or wanted a $2 laugh. I think it’s better than making an invisible, impassable wall that enemies shy way from, because spawn sniping after dragging enemies over would likely become commonplace.

When trolling is made as easy as this by the game you don’t even need a “toxic culture”, pretty obvious it will happen 100% of the time in any game…

This might sound mental, but more especially in some games more than others, for me it can be kind of fun to counter trolls. They add spice to some games, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yea, it’s for this reason why I did not suggest a zone of invincibility until the players step off it. It gives rise to more opportunites of leeching, allowing players to simply wait until the right moment before stepping off the zone. That’s why this kind of thing requires a bit of deeper thinking, the solution may seem easy but we have to make sure it is as fair as possible.

I do like that idea more, a barrier in which enemies would shy away from. We can’t exactly make this permanent or it’ll lead to the same consequence, maybe make the barrier last about 30 seconds after the first person has spawned in, ensuring that most people get to load into the dungeon before any surprise attacks can be made

who are the people doing it.

To be honest im impressed with the ingenuity of this.

my alts but dont tell anyone

Basically any dungeon with enemies that follow the usual chasing mechanic is prone to this.

This would work well in conjunction with a personal invincibility timer. Useful for those that load in late. Like 5 or so seconds of invincibility until you take a step.

This has been a problem for a long time now.
I know of a few instances of unfair deaths in DDocks when entering Bilgewater’s Grotto. It used to be possible to get insta’d if you were just unlucky.

I think this also used to happen in Abyss, but nowadays that dungeon gets steamrolled so rarely happens anymore.

btw that guy in the first video posted “mingyang” the owner of the account is not the one doin it. He said he hasn’t touched rotmg in over 6 months so he thinks he got hacked

omg why would they do this :frowning:

this is so sad can we get some likes for prayers

It reason invincibility timers don’t existin dungeons is most likely because if load time. Some people load in quicker than others, and some people get errors like account in use. Sometimes the character might be seen in the dungeon slightly before the player loads in— you can see this if you lock your mule and load into nexus— it will appear on your lock list around half a second before its screen loads.
Another problem is for those who load faster. Someone who loads in quickly can use the invulnerability to get ahead in rushing.

Depending on how loading is handled, DECA could make it so that the timer doesn’t go down while your character is loading. Otherwise, entering a dungeon late (cause as I said, this suggestion goes well with a 30-second barrier from enemies) and loading slow can still potentially kill you.

I have to clarify that I suggested that timer exists only until you move. Basically, you can stand still and be invincible for up to 5 or so seconds but the moment you tap WASD (or exit a certain area) the timer automatically goes to 0 and you’re no longer invincible. So the last problem you pointed at shouldn’t be an issue.