PT: 3 new Classes. Bard, Battlemage, Summoner

Web: http://test.realmofthemadgod.com/

Projector: https://test.realmofthemadgod.com/client

PT Update:

NEW Class Valkyrie :

- From a concept by Dappertron The Valkyrie fights with a Spear, and wears heavy armor. Her ability item is the hymn, from which she sings to cast Focus on nearby players for 5 seconds, and weak on enemies for varying amounts of time. Focus causes the price of the Ability Item to reduce by 15 points, to a minimum of 40. Weak reduces the power of enemies by 25%, and it does not affect bosses.

Summoner:

• Movement of the summons is smoother

• They now shoot frickin projectiles

Battlemage:

• The gauntlets now knock-back the enemies in a cone shape area

Bard:

• Reduced a bit the radius and duration of Energized

Hello all,

We have been working on content that doesn’t slow down Unity’s development and we are excited to start a new public testing with some prototypes of new classes. THE MAIN FOCUS OF THIS PT IS THE ABILITIES.

The current classes come from gathering in game data, discussing with you, and from the community. Don’t forget that these classes are placeholders and you should focus on the abilities’ mechanics. Names, sprites, and anything else not related to the abilities themselves are temporary.

These classes are still concepts, and if they meet our criteria (engaging, fun to play, and challenging) they might continue through the design process. As such, some of them might not released until Unity client is out.

Discuss and leave your feedback in the comments section. We are looking forward to reading them.

The Bard:

Uses a bow and leather armor.
The bard Inspires his allies with his ability the Lute.

At Tier 0 it provides +10% extra range.
At Tier 6 it provides +50% extra range.

The Lute also gives Energized to allies.

The Inspire effect give more tool to players to address challenges. Note that the effect doesn’t stack.

The Battlemage:

Based on IExisted’s Battlemage Idea

This melee magical warrior uses a Power Gauntlet to improve his stats and daze enemies close to him.

This close-quarters dazing class allows for tight crowd control.

The Mad Scientist

Based on Stuartcat’s Summoner Idea for the base stats

(Remember, names and sprites are all placeholder, just focus on the function)

Uses a staff and wears robes.

He uses a Jewel to summon orbiting helpers that damage monsters.

This is a simple yet effective DPS class. The summoning logic is still WIP but we need to test it with a quite large number of players to see how it behaves.

[Spoilers] NEW CLASS: Bard

Yo, bard actually seems pretty cool now that they removed the trolling potential, battlemage is cool too with the whole fus ro dah deal, and i always wanted a summoning class, this looks really promising, !s long as they nerf the range a bit and keep bard for after the pet nerfs, hopefully they make summoner a wand class when they release too so wands have 3 classes.

I wonder how many bosses you can exploit with the crazy range you’re going to have.

Eh, I would personally like new classes to fill the ‘three classes per weapon’ thing that wands, bows and katanas don’t follow, but new classes are always cool. Plus bard will fill the third bow class space.

If the scientist used a wand and the battlemage used a katana my ocd would be satisfied ^u^

Plus, it’s nice to see that existing ideas from players are being used for this testing session.

For who doesn’t know, energized is like healing but for mana

Who needs skins when you have battlemage
Ppe btw lel xd
@Toastrz Notice me
I think I scared him off :frowning:

3 new classes :heart_eyes:

EDIT: Removed Testing items, added starting gear to all other classes just create a rogue to get rogue (or any other class) stuff and use it.

Got my first divine pet
I am a aquarius too

is there a way to access public test realm using steam? i can’t register my steam account into a web account for some reason nothing happens when i press register.

LOVE the mad scientist/summoner. So fun to play – passive damage done right (take notes assassin).

Battlemage is alright to play, but doesn’t feel like it’s particularly got its own identity. I also think the AoE should do damage for flavor reasons.

Bard is pretty decent, but I have a couple notes. The range buff doesn’t have an icon, and it definitely should. 1.5x range buff is HUGE. I think it should be 1.25x at all tiers, and the duration should be what scales with tier. Energized is also an absurdly good status effect, although people may not realize this due to the amount of magic heal they get from their abilities. I think it’s fine for energized to be left as-is despite its power though. It’s about time we had a good non-melee party buff. And Bard’s atk/dex need to be brought down a fair bit below archer and huntress.

Overall, I like these new classes. I like the mad scientist/summoner most, then bard in second place, and battlemage in last.

Wow now that’s a nice thing to read about, can’t wait to see them however they pan out.

The Mad Scientist is gonna be a staff class when the Mad Lab drops a Wand UT

If there isn’t two new UTs for the lab for MS im gonna mail a box of bananas to Oryx

(Remember, names and sprites are all placeholder, just focus on the function)

u read this?

Just putting it out there now, so its not to be said. Would be a waste of good bananas

I do not believe there is a way to access PT through steam. Do note, however, that PT and prod accounts are not in any way linked, so you can use Flash Projector (or even browser if that’s your thing) to create a PT account with just an email.

Hmm, i haven’t actually tried it but kind of seems op…

I’ll talk about both the concept of sets, abilities and their usage, whether or not they are good because I want to keep all this together in one review
Review based on my perspective

1. Battlemage
    Comments: I’m not fan of Battlemage but then again, its nice concept.

Moveset/Ability: I wouldn’t change the weapon due to how the ability works because next to longer range than sword is katana BUT katana’s range would make this class very broken, taking away risks of using it + it’s daze debuff we’re talking about.

BUT, if any slightest possibility to try make it a wand class (longest range) then that would be a good self defense tool. Sacrifices dps and can defend itself when in close range combat, could be even useful if it keeps the ability but in different execution, for example:

• You could replace AoE with the PT Samurai Sheath’s linear AoE that inflicts daze, It’s unique and with some adjustment it would be great ability. + if it’s a wand class, it would make sense to take away DPS since daze is extremely useful debuff, which keeps it balanced.
  1. Summoner
    Comments: Summoner ain’t bad, I’d suggest to rename it Conjurer (I am aware that topic is ability only but c’mon, I can’t say so little about something as big as this) and use ghosts sprite instead of jewels but I’m bit iffy with wand choice since you already can cover whole screen, maybe use a mediocre range like katana since it can still pierce to keep it’s effective DPS.

Moveset/Ability: I think that the summoned are great that they can target at their own free will, it gives a lot of zoning.
If you could spawn it at any angle other than 0 degree that would be really nice.

1. Bard
    Comments: This is my favorite, it’s most popular and demanded class concept.

Moveset/Ability: The Bard is almost perfect becuase i think that the energized is bit too strong, maybe (just maybe) instead boosting mana regen, it reduces mana cost and on percentage for example: 5,10,15,20,25,30,35% less mana cost or similar to it.
This would make at least not useless against Silenced debuff.

Just create a new account for testing, thas how I play

Seeing what the bards ability is, I forsee it being the most popular.