PT: 3 new Classes. Bard, Battlemage, Summoner

Gauntlet’s knockback breaks reef’s boss

If knockback on the battlemage is gonna be a thing, there is 100% going to be a need for a lot of enemies to be immune. Notable examples? Most end game bosses (obviously), things like the quiet statues in MT and OT coral things, and likely a lot more I haven’t though of.

Godlands bosses and event bosses should be fine. I can imagine the gauntlet being pretty good for, say, the sewers boss or the jade and garnet statues (as long as it isn’t strong enough to yeet them onto fellow players that is.)

looks pretty easy to max

personally i really like this change but obv that some bosses/enemies will need to be always immune

I’m curious on how the Bard’s range buff will work on weapons that have abnormal shot patterns.

EG: Sword of the Colossus. Will the shots have a larger arc or will they crossover like a staff?

I don’t think so.It might be balanced but it doesn’t make sense a bard use a wand and a battlemage use a katana. Or they change the concepts, or do not change the weapons.

Crossover, it doesn’t change amplitude otherwise bard would gets some heavy troll potential

gamer montage 8)

https://i.imgur.com/zj4sBt7.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/TdpAlky.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/uxUpyzH.mp4

Crystal clear water

Some notes on the new changes:

I like the battlemage’s new knockback feature. Feels great and totally solves its lack of identity. Should probably remove the temporary stat boosts on self though. They feel like pointless now. Also, stationary enemies should be immune and a lot of boss behaviors are going to have to be reworked.

Don’t like valkyrie at all. First and foremost, the spear seems like a pointless weapon type. It doesn’t bring anything new to the table and would simply clutter the drop tables for top weapons. Having bosses be immune to weak makes me wonder what the purpose is for even having weak – am I really supposed to be using it on minions? And focus falls basically in the same category as energized. Bleh.

Summoner changes are probably for the best. I like being able to see the attack, rather than simply the damage number. Although conceptually I thought the idea of zapping rather than shooting was fun.

Didn’t try out the bard nerf since they don’t seem to particularly affect gameplay from the description.

hey, can we have all of these, because I fucking love them and I’d play this game so much more if these were added to the prod servers lmfao

Been awol from rotmg for a few months. What pet nerfs are you referring to? I searched the forums for anything about pet nerfs but all I could find was tons of threads made by players proposing their ideas for how to nerf pets.

probably talking about the in/out of combat thing

in the future, you’ll be tagged as “in combat” after taking damage and your pet will be reduced by (20% I think)

when you’re out of combat your vit and wis works a lot faster

Oh wow I see. So generally speaking, your healing will be reduced when you are “in combat?” How does that affect pets’ combat skills such as electric, or attack close/mid/far?

I don’t think it reduces those, just heal and Mheal

here’s the thread for it PT: In/Out of Combat System and more!

Appreciate it :slight_smile:

Valkyrie
“The Bad Katana”

Not to have much redundancy, but spears as they currently are, are underwhelming. At 4.2 its a shittier katana, making pretty much an inferior/more team friendly Samurai. As I see it, spears are known for their longer range, be it for jabbing or throwing.

Coincidentally, this might be a great weapon idea if weapons could be tossed (like an Assassin’s poison or a Huntresse’s Trap). This would let the Valkarye have the high ground by being able to throw over obstacles and minion barricades to deal with monsters. Ofcourse, this being at a range, not letting her throw halfway across the screen.

Her ability I do like. Its very team-based, like the Bard, but the weakening works for getting her out of sticky situations if she’s up close. The whole “not working on bosses” might have to be discussed but I see where it comes from. For it being a sound kind of ability, maybe have a bit of damage for the Hymn cast, turning it into sound like projectiles (think the Giant Crab), giving her some upper hand on immune enemies.

Overall: I like it, not her weapon though.

Battlemage v2
The Shortstop of Classes

So the concept of “pushing enemies” has always dwindled about. I was hoping to see the Kinght having it first, since a shield bash I imagine would work like Brigittes from Overwatch. Same concept applies to the Battlemage, but perhaps reduce his daze to that of what he punches. Or, have it so the Assassin poison animation plays quickly, and it pushes back in a radius (like punching the ground with a shockwave)

Overall: Did you design this class before or after making an infinity gauntlet ST?

Summoner
“Extra polish”

Still feel the same about it, but I guess its still trying to find its feet.

Bard
“So a Bard, a Valkyrie, and an Scholar Paladin walk into a bar…”

Don’t mind me just totally not shilling my classes, though this would be a fun idea for Enlighten

Many things appear to break with the Battlemage move ability, as many things that aren’t meant to move get affected by it

I was thinking of a “blanket statement” kind of way to implement some logic, such that all “shouldn’t currently be moved” objects cannot in fact be moved and break the dungeon

Consider the following:

Battle mage's ability can push the object if and only if the object currently has one or more movement behaviors active (such as wander, protect, orbit, charge etc etc)

This would mean “always stationary” stuff such as The Avatar Of The Forgotten King can’t get battlemage’d to the beach, but also as it requires “previously moving” objects to have movement active to get affected, it means that you can’t go and push MBC into the corner during his rage phase either. That would be … kinda weird

I’ve thought of it for a bit and it seems to cut down the “shouldn’t move, got moved” cases down by like 99%

of course there are always edge cases, but thats where immunities on the object/current state of obj would cover the final bit as with all status effects!

As without some sort of “base level” resistance to that thing everything in the game can be broken, and implementing a status immunity for each object that needs it by manually checking them all sounds like a ridiculously small brain & defintely-wont-miss-any-and-break-things-for-months kind of ordeal

That’s pretty good overall.

One case where it wouldn’t solve the problem though is when bosses try to move to a particular spot to start a phase. Could mess things up in the same vein as slowing shatters 3rd boss.