PT: 3 new Classes. Bard, Battlemage, Summoner

Indeed there will bee cases where an object is in a specific state and it definitely should not be knocked off of its movement path.

These are the few edge cases that cannot be distinguished from other movement and need a designer to “flag” that state as “should be movement immune”

Hence,

That’s pretty funny, lol.

Valkyrie
I’m not quite sure why the spear was added in, or why players are providing feedback on it since you stress that the main focus of this PT is the abilities.
(Oh, you do actually stress the spear in bold though, so perhaps I’m getting the wrong idea :v)

Having a new weapon home to the heavy armors would be cool, but there isn’t much breathing room at the moment. I think it’ll take something that’s really unique, while simultaneously fun & balanced, to fill this void if that’s what you’re looking for.
There are several options, but they’d require many changes to be made to give it a spot in the game. (First thing that comes to mind is the sword arc in Hammerwatch, a hit scan attack that hits everything within the cone.)

Regardless, I’m a fan of having weakened in the player’s arsenal, and 25% is a fair amount for a tiered ability. I wasn’t able to test the range much since it seems the PT servers went down, but it felt like the battlemage’s daze before the added knockback. (4 to 4.5 tiles radius is a reasonable distance from what I can tell.)

Focus is a unique effect that can’t really compare to any other status effect, which is why I’m drawn to it more than energized. If a class were to have an MP related boosts for its tiered ability, then I believe focus would feel more active despite achieving the same goal.

Ah, I forgot to mention this earlier!
Any tiered ability that has an MP related boost should only apply to other players, whereas the user will be self-buffed with some damage-related effect–think Mystic. (Berserk/Damaging or +att/dex)
Or perhaps you can draw inspiration from other existing community-made classes and make this self-buff unique in its own way.

The nerf isn’t by 20% btw, it varies, the higher level your pet is, the more in combat will nerf it, since it increases the time between each heal and magic heal, maxed divines are 4x weaker, but lower level pets are affected less.

Basically playing with the Battlemage i found a bizarre glitch in LH, basically i used the knock-back in one of the towers who you need to destroy to have access to one of the path in the spawn room and i destroyed the tower away from the walls and this happened:

and of course have more in other dungeons like these in parasite:

another one in LH:

Maybe in shatters:

“Server is admin only”…

Holy crap Dappy congrats on the Valkyre! Battlemage shoving things around is pretty fun ngl lol

Battlemage is a really fun class and I really don’t want the knock back to be nerfed because kidnapping things is too much fun.

^ It is fun, but not the most useful thing ever. I still like this change but I think it should also maybe daze what is in the cone aswell or maybe just remove the aoe daze and add it to the cone instead. Just to make the cone seem more important to hit I feel would be more fun than just try to get close to aoe daze around you. Didn’t get to try the spear class yet

Probably wont get around to trying these classes out for a long while once their released but glad to see realm is still going strong with a healthy amount of content :+1:

Kinda off topic here sorta but I still feel like an energy weapon class of some sort would be so sick even though ik it is a stretch. Bloodqwen’s sprites look too good Dx guns

I was thinking about the idea of knockback and how it should be implemented rather than just blowing it off like I did earlier.

The Mystic’s stasis is an incredibly useful tool, yet at the same time it can be used to grief players. It’s still in the game though. I gave knockback a second chance after thinking about that.

What I said earlier in that quote still holds true to some extent, but I’ll ignore it for now.

At the moment an enemy that is knocked back is also dazed. That lessens the effect of players intentional griefing each other. The daze effect doesn’t always make less projectiles hit a player though, so it’s unreliable.

That means the Valkyrie’s weaken status effect ought to be a better fit over daze. But you know what would be even better? If the enemy couldn’t deal damage at all after getting knocked back.

Oh wait…

We already have a class that does that perfectly, the Knight. If a knockback effect were to be implemented into RotMG I’d argue that there are two ways to do it safely.

The first option is to rework the Knight’s shield to both stun and knock the enemy back. That goes against the game’s entire history, but it could make for some really interesting gameplay.

The second option is to make the knockback effect only used on some UT shields. The only issue with this I see is the amount of effort that would be needed for just a few UTs. All the knockback immunities and whatnot.

That pushes the gauntlet’s concept back to where it was before. Probably better off not being a thing in prod at all. There are ideas that could make it fit, (possibly the idea I threw out earlier where a def boost is applied after all damage is calculated) but I don’t think it’s worth the trouble.

Instead of sleeping I thought this up. Maybe I’ll find it easier to sleep now that I’ve got it all written down.

In my opinion, there’s way too many good UTs that could be amazing as new class ability concepts. I’d rather have a new class with the knockback rather than giving it to knight.

Whenever anyone mentioned the daze effect in an original idea on here it was always criticized since it would ‘make QoT useless’ for example. I’d much rather have knockback as a new ability, like it is now, rather than putting it on a knight UT hardly any one will have, or putting it on tiered shields when, again, it could 100% be fine on the gauntlet if it was just tweaked a bit to make it balanced in prod.

I’m saying this also partly because when Deca finally releases the status effect immunity stuff, knight will already get an indirect buff by being able to stun more enemies.

Yeah, I agree that having a new class is much nicer than having a new UT.
I know people won’t appreciate other players trying to intentionally kill them though, so I don’t see there being many ways to safely implement such an effect.

If this is something DECA wants in the game, then they’ve got to become inventive, or make some sacrifices. Otherwise it’s probably better left forgotten.

If knockback is possible then suction can be possible as well? I can imagine a black hole trap.

…so like Paralyzed?

No as in a quick reverse knockback towards the center to more densely group enemies up allowing for you to use piercing weapons for efficiently, the problem with this is that it would have even more trolling potential

Hey white stars prepared to become yellow star again

time to become red star yeet

Jeez and I’m only 1 star away from yellow rn :frowning: Better get it fast

i am ready to bunch up quest chests and regain my white star 1 hour after the classes are released, yes.