PT: Challenger Mode

I had the same problem - I think you have to make a brand new account which will be exclusive to testing servers. It let me use my username and everything, so the testing accounts are most likely separate from normal ones. Hopefully this helps!

They are separate. I looked up my test account name on realmeye and it did not show it.

It probably couldnā€™t be easily done however, levelling is still excruciatingly slow, how about lesser gods or even beach monsters have xp boosters as a (very) rare drop? It would incentivize players to fight them and not just tp to a godlands train.

Welcome to the forums Flannaban :open_mouth:

Thanks, good to see you again, Shatter!

Due to the fact that you will have a limited amount of lives on prod, most smart players will probably level the old fashioned way.

Rather, I think thereā€™s two gaps in the leveling process that need work:

• From low- to midlands
  • From mid- to highlands

These jumps in difficulty - more specifically mid -> high - come with little space in-between.
If there were a group of monsters around the level of a Hunter Centaur to transition between these two, itā€™ll make for a slightly smoother experience.
Also, more low-tier item drops, probably.

just buy eggs 4head, gotta make challenger p2w somehow

To prove the assassin is overpowered.

I guess itā€™s time to sit back, throw poisons, and laugh at the people who say melees are op.

Seriously if the goal of the whole event is to get oryx tokens and not die assassin wins end of story.

Iā€™ll make a comment regarding the post above. Been grinding w/ people on the rankings and a common thing that happens is you donā€™t get the fame from O2 despite being close it itā€“this is because XP is granted to the player who dealt the killing blow. Ex. at one point unibro was within sword range of o2 when it died and didnā€™t get the fame.

And assassins are notorious for kill stealing, so :man_shrugging:

Nvm i dont have an oryx kill

I think itā€™s important to remember that the current dungeons and gameplay on public testing right now is for one season, and that they do plan on making additional seasons with potentially different dungeon pools and gameplay adjustments.

As much as this season is a blast, we have to remember that this is not going to be the only season and the only season idea. A lot of people seem to be commenting as if this is basically going to be the only form of challenger mode going forwards, and that wouldnā€™t be the case. Future seasons could have different changes, and Iā€™m interested to see what ideas Deca brings to the table for each new season.

re: testing questions, yes testing accounts are separate accounts from prod. I actually wonder if there is a possibility to play on testing through Steam in the future, given that one of the recent Realm Remastered blogs showing the new login screen seemed to allow one to select between connecting to testing or to prod. Though potentially, thatā€™s just a dev-only feature to make Decaā€™s life easier. Who knows?

There is one thing I dont like is how everything on a character would be lost. Per say I happen to get a decent char and its gone. Maybe we should be able have the characters on the side as we can remember them instead of the actually being ā€œdeletedā€ and them never to be seen again.

Is there any way to get on the testing server from a Steam-based game?

the testing server is 100% unrelated to prod. literally all you have to do is click the link in the very first line on the op and itā€™ll take you to the testing server in your browser. if you donā€™t like using a browser, use the second link in the flash projector.

Currently you canā€™t.

Bro. This is just a quick test to see if everything is working right. They said in the main post which you should read before commenting. And for the record, itā€™s not. There are still some bugs and thatā€™s what Testing server is for.

Very obviously stated that the first season will be identical to the one displayed on testing

Items still display giving original feed power in challenger testing.

r/notmyjob