PT: Fungal Cavern part 2 UTs

PT: Fungal Cavern part 2 UTs

Web: http://test.realmofthemadgod.com/

Projector: https://test.realmofthemadgod.com/client

Hi all, we are starting a new public testing session today which will last until next Monday the 5th of August 11:00 CET.

This new public testing session covers:

The PT is currently OPEN

Fungal Cavern changes:

• Exp and Def overall:
    • Mushroom Leader 800 Exp 30 Def
    • Mushroom Mage 75 Exp 10 Def
    • Mushroom Melee 75 Exp 20 Def
    • Worms 800 Exp 20 Def
    • Spider/Bat 150 Exp 15 Def
    • Crystal 500 Exp
    • Crystal Worm Father 10000 Exp 40 Def
    • Crystal Worm Child 10000 Exp 40 Def
    • Crystal Worm Mother 20000 Exp 40 Def
  • Crystals now explode into 12 shots inflicting Quiet for 6 seconds upon death

Crystal Shield:

• Increased MP cost 65 > 85 /sec

• Added 10 seconds cooldown

Echoes Prism:

• Removed Decoy

• Added 4 seconds cooldown

Tome of the Mushroom Tribes:

• Increased Max Target 3 > 7

• Increased Heal per tick 125 > 165

Cave Dweller Trap:

• Increased damage per tick 70 > 350

Crystallised Mist:

• Fixed an issue that would prevent the proc

Sporous Spray Spell :

• Harmonized the radius of the Aoe dmg to 1.5

Crystal Fang’s Venom:

• New :

• 750 damages over 3 seconds

• 2 radius

• Enemies get Armor Broken for 3 sec

• Player gets Armor Broken for 3 sec

• Player gets +15 Attack for 3 sec

• MP Cost 100

• Cooldown 5 seconds

Fungal Cavern Changes:

• Updated several sprites

• Added anti-cheese shots to Crystal Worm Mother

• Added some small period between phases of the Crystal Worm Mother

• Crystal Worm Mother room now closes once the fight starts

• Polished up drill room and the way to the boss

• Lowered damage from various enemies

• Removed Armor Piercing from various enemies

• Added more possible rooms

UTs:

We have created 8 new UTs for you to test. Those are not definitive and we are really looking forward to reading your feedback.

For this PT, the UTs can be looted (they have a really high) from the encounter and the boss.

Boss:

• Crystallised Fang’s Venom (Poison)
  • Crystal Shield (Shield)
  • Echoes Prism (Prism)
  • Cave Dweller Trap (Trap)

Encounter:

• Tome of Mushroom Tribes (Tome)
  • Sporous Spray Spell (Spell)
  • Fungus Covered Breastplate (Heavy Armor)
  • Crystallised Mist (Ring)

Join us on:

https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/

this is epic

The vitality rework’s gonna make this armor far from obsolete òwó

Interested to see how this’ll fare! I’ve only experienced the first iteration of the then-Fungal Forest, and I’ve seen Uni’s full petless clear of the 2nd version, but that’s it.

Also interesting to see such creative types of UTs - definitely looking forward to trying those out!

Please improve sprites of the UT items, they don’t look great.

I don’t got any video evidence, but the ut trap doesn’t do any damage although it spawns the sentry

Just did the event on Knight, with a maxed Divine.
Though I do like the concept, and can certainly see this becoming a cool, challenging event, I think that there’s still some pretty big flaws.

First off: everything spawns at once, which is not really fun when there’s enemies that chase you with a pretty big shotgun. I think spreading the spawns out would help remedy this problem, and also help with making the event go more smoothly.
The enemies that I think cause the most trouble are the Mushroom Mage (image ), whose fireball spam is extremely easy to overwhelm even the toughest of classes in high numbers.

Secondly, the same problem also arises when the Crystal Worm Father spawns the smaller Crystal Worms: they’re really overwhelming, and spreading them out over a longer period of time wouldn’t hurt, I reckon.

The “supporting mushrooms” phase (where a bunch of mushrooms are spawned that shoot 2 three-directional triple blasts) is also extremely overwhelming. Were it not for the fact that I was on a Knight and capable of Stunning them, it’d be a nightmare.

The final phase, too, feels like that. The mushrooms do spawn individually, but the Father’s projectiles, as well as their short wait-between-spawns, makes it feel like you have to exchange DPS in order to beat it, which I’m not a particular fan of.

Lastly, there’s also a bug with enemies getting stuck in the mineshaft part of the setpiece. Specifically, this happened with aforementioned Mushroom Mage. Luckily, its behaviour allowed it to also exit the otherwise inaccessible part, otherwise it might cause a softlock without an AoE-type of attack.

Also, here’s what the Tome’s mushroom looks like:
It spawns at your cursor, rather than on top of you, so that makes it a little weird to use, I’d reckon.

I’ll edit this post as I come up with more comments.

UTs
Echoes prism
While the prism is a cool idea, I think its current design is flawed. I don’t have the keys to test it, but theoretically the prism could allow you to exit areas you’re not supposed to (example: marble colossus arena, killer bee queen arena, shatters bosses, etc). It could also get you stuck in tiles that changed into walls (again: MBC/KBQ/shatters bridges, but really just any spawned walls in the game). Finally, because you cannot see what happens at the marked location, it could potentially just kill your character.

You could make changes to prevent these issues (example: making the tp only work when in line of sight of the marker), but that also risks making the item useless. If you decide to keep the prism, at least make the marker visible and perhaps apply the same buffs/debuffs as when you tp to a player.

Fungal Caverns dungeon
Need to try it more, but I like the overall aesthetic (although hardware acc. really messes things up). Some enemies seem way to happy to imitate ice spheres though, and I think that behaviour should be changed.

Someone else mentioned it, but this is one of those dungeons where leeching might become a big issue. My suggestion is to make the dungeon mobs drop something worthwhile. By that I don’t mean fame/pots, but actually good UT equipment. Obviously, the items should be rare, but this would really incentivize clearing.

Fungal Caverns boss
I only ran the boss once on an archer, but quite enjoyed it. Slow seems almost too useful, but I wouldn’t outright remove it, maybe in certain phases.

An Fyi to everyone, the prism doesnt work if you switch to another prism.

One major problem, and I really hope you guys fix this before releasing to prod, is that this Mushroom Mage guy keeps walking through the walls of that mining room/cave thing next to the dwarf and stays there. It makes it super annoying and sometimes it only comes out for a split second for you to attack it. Makes the whole fight really frustrating imo.

The sprites are not set in stone and will likely be changed before hitting prod

The trap is currently underpowered, as it’s essentially a longer-lasting, but inferior Vile Spirit.
I don’t think its concept should be dropped, but I think it definitely needs a big damage increase. (Currently, it does a base 70 damage per attack every second, meaning a total of a pretty meager 210 damage against only a single enemy).

Bear in mind that walls generated from event setpieces don’t count as walls for enemies, they’ll simply walk through it. So while they can get stuck here, they won’t in the actual game so long as the event’s not there upon realm generation.

I know, but in this case, I think it should still bee addressed.
What’s odd is that @Straptrap encountered the same problem with the same enemy, though - I’m presuming that it may have to do with that specifically…

Items

All items currently drop in orange bags instead of white bags.

Shield

Shield is too powerful, found rushing very easy in fungal since you could just press it every time there was even the slightest bit of risk.
It should probably either silence for a short duration when the key is released or stop mana regen for a short time.
Possibly also lower the speed a bit if it gets nerfed a bit in that way

Tome

50 more heal than t6 tome and only hits 3 targets. Interesting but way too weak to be used right now

Trap

Trap currently deals 70 dmg, 3 times. Its a very weak st trap right now.

Spell

AoE spell, only works on stationary targets, pretty low damage and takes a while to deal the full damage. Interesting concept but it needs something extra

Prism

Probably too strong right now, needs a max range or a max time you have to tp back

Armor

Has no use except for petless players, which will not be doing fungal

Ring

Interesting concept but the cooldown is too high to be useful, the stats itself dont make it worth wearing at all, so the effect needs to be a serious effect

Poison(?)

It doesnt make sense as an ability for assassin at all.
Gaining attack for defense doesnt work with the way assassins generally play the game and the benefit of 25 att for the loss of 40 def seems way to high as well.

Fungal

Some rooms have issues with walls not spawning. Crystals next to walls sometimes clip into the wall a little bit with some rotations.
The dungeon is probably a bit too easy to rush on rogue, the boss doesnt move on chase phases if you are cloaked and all the shots dont move so it is very easy to stand still
and not get hit by anything.

Encounter

The further waves of mushrooms have a high chance of oneshotting you if you stand close.
All of the spawns shoot at once, maybe they could have a little random delay between firing or the enemies more spread out so the shotguns don’t happen that much.
Later waves with brown mushrooms spawns make me lag a lot with the amount of particles, even with all particles turned off
If you get two big purple mushrooms it can feel quite unfair on melees. One of them is fine since it is fairly easy to circle, but with two of them the shots overlap a lot usually making the circle impossible. This is probably not a major issue once it reaches the production server since there will be many more people and people with longer range.

The poison should increase dex as well but the tiered poisons will still do more damage and be way more safer. I can see it being fun to use for low tier dungeons I guess

The armor’s vit should be doubled or something

The tome is very cool but maybe it could slightly buff players too like “gives players +8 attack”

I don’t really see what’s so powerful about it. I mean, to me, it just seems like more of a gimmick - or maybe some sort of backup Nexus. I think that’s certainly powerful, but you still lose the ability to send out Decoys.
Decoy buff when?

wow :open_mouth: !
This marks a new era (started a little bit with the alien cores/reactors and armors).

Still, I think the encounter deserves a nerf.

Edited the post

Interesting, but I don’t think it’d bee worth it to Armor Break them.
Additionally, it’s still just 500 damage over a pitiful radius.

This does spark some ideas for boss fights where the Rage phase gives the boss Damaging, now that it’s been decided how that affects enemies 0u0