This is the first wing of a brand new dungeon, you will adventure through a multi-part cavern and discover the mysterious creatures and eco-systems that lies within.
The first part of the dungeon is called Fungal Cavern, a lost mine overrun by mushrooms and other dangerous critters to block your path, to proceed forward you’ll need to collect crystals, 25 to be exact to activate the drill and your path to even deeper below…
There’s more than the needed crystals for you to collect so you can approach this dungeon in a open-ended way. Does a room look sketchy? Maybe try to turn back and see if you can get all the crystals without having to go through that room.
For this dungeon we are aiming for a very high level of difficulty (Shatters/Nest/Lost Halls) and want your feedback regarding that.
Please note: Drop table currently implemented is not the final one.
Please also note: Crystal Cavern is not a part of this current Public Testing session as we want to make sure it is in the best state possible and takes into account all of your feedback from previous sessions. As such we have decided to split the upcoming release of Fungal Cavern and Crystal Cavern to make sure both areas receive the focus that is needed.
Currently the general environment is still rather WIP, but we would like to know what you think of the atmosphere and general colors of the dungeon which aren’t usually present in dungeons of this level.
There’s 18 mushrooms divided into 6 families of 3 members: Melee, Mage and Leader.
Alongside those mushrooms are 5 additional Cavecrawlers, a spider, a bat and 3 vicious worm-like segmented enemies.
Mushroom Brawler: Follows players while dealing AoE damage around itself.
Mushroom Alchemist: Throws grenades in rapid succession towards nearby players.
Mushroom Chieftain: Leaves spores around it before starting to charge player with shots and an AoE attack once under a certain amount of health.
Mushroom Soldier: Circles around player before attacking it with dangerous shots and stun shots.
Mushroom Oracle: Shoots shots towards player before circling and shooting shots around itself.
Mushroom Keeper: Shoots towards players until its HP is low enough, it will then do its best to sit on you with its Armor Broken shots and its AoE attack.
Mushroom Sentinel: Follows players slowly while shooting quickly in a circle around itself.
Mushroom Stalker: Shoots staff-like boomerang shots towards the player.
Mushroom Guardian: Shoots a spiral around itself, goes faster on low HP.
Mushroom Rogue: Goes towards the player to shoot some spores before running away.
Mushroom Mage: Runs away from player while shooting a wave of projectiles.
Mushroom Sorcerer: Shoots omni-directional shots at high frequency before creating big waves of
projectile while backing off when at low HP.
Mushroom Brute: Aggressively chases players shooting shots in a V formation.
Sporadic Mushroom: Aggressively chases players shooting a line of shots.
Mushroom Berserker: Aggressively chases players shooting shots in a V formation, starts charging constantly with an omni-directional shot pattern when on low HP.
Mushroom Champion: Follows players slowly while shooting a spiral around itself.
Mushroom Caster: Wanders around shooting 2 spirals in opposite directions.
Mushroom Shaman: Sits still while shooting complex spiral-like pattern, changes if low on HP.
Cavecrawler Webslinger: Shoots web at player to slow them down before charging with dangerous stingers.
Cavecrawler Bloodsucker: Shoots 3 shots at players while leaving 1 stationary projectile linger.
Cavecrawler Glowworm: Follows players, becomes faster the less amount of segments it has. Once only the head remain it will shoot a omni-directional pattern.
Cavecrawler Leech: Circles players, becomes faster the less amount of segments it has. Once only the head remain it will shoot extremely fast.
Cavecrawler Maggot: Charges players, becomes faster the less amount of segments it has. Once only the head remain it will shoot shots almost covering a full circle.
The boss of this wing is the Crystal Worm Mother, a giant segmented enemy that roams the room the Drill leads to, the fight will pit you against this unique adversary where you’ll be taking down its segments 1 by 1 losing room to dodge as you go on, the Crystal Worm Mother will also receive help from the Crystal Worm Father and Crystal Worm Child to spice up the fight, it’s a frantic fight that requires constant attention to survive.
- Updated several sprites
- Added anti-cheese shots to Crystal Worm Mother
- Added some small period between phases of the Crystal Worm Mother
- Crystal Worm Mother room now closes once the fight starts
- Polished up drill room and the way to the boss
- Lowered damage from various enemies
- Removed Armor Piercing from various enemies
- Added more possible rooms
- Tweaked Immunities for Mushroom Leaders, Worms and Crystal Worms
- Tweaked a few enemy patterns to activate even if players aren’t present
- Mushroom Chieftain’s spores now quiet
- Added anti-cheese shots to Crystal Worm Mother during the Crystal Worm Father and Child sections
- Added a few new rooms and variations to existing ones
- Cavecrawler Maggot’s segments no longer ignore the grace period
- Updated environment sprites
- Added mine objects and aesthetic to environment
- Reduced amount of crystals needed from 40 to 25
- Reduced HP across the board
- Fixed HP Scaling not working for some enemies
- Length of the way to boss has been reduced
- Tweaked several enemy behaviors including Sporatic Mushroom, Cavecrawler Leech, Cavecrawler Maggot, Mushroom Stalker
- Crystal Worm Mother should no longer be able to leave the boss room
- Crystal Worm Mother now deals less damage on the final phases
- Crystal Worm Mother, Father and Child have updated projectile sprites
- Updated Cavecrawler Webslinger sprite
- Updated dungeon name to Fungal Cavern