PT: In/Out of Combat System and more!

It most likely wouldn’t even apply there though. You could use a pet before, and you can use a pet now. There is no change about that.
Imagine invoking grandfather clause every time there is a character nerf in LoL…
Also, how about those who gave money to WS when it was a petless game? Should we get a refund because the game changed with the introduction of pets which I disliked? Or perhaps invoking the grandfather clause because soon I won’t be able to play on Flash Player anymore? (and to be fair, I’m pretty pissed that we will get this fullscreen hack-like view, I play with Flash on fullscreen, aka big stretched pixels, and I’m almost certain I will not be able to when Unity rolls out, I will now have to play with freaking small pixels, which bothers me like hell)

I made that post early, and I had only tried a handful of dungeons then – cavern and some of the new alien ones, because I hadn’t really run those on prod before. I’ve since run a few more, but my position remains that the new system doesn’t seem too trying or tedious; the pace didn’t seem that much slower, and I agree with most everything @Mrunibro has said even though I’m not nearly as good as he is. (I came back for Rifts and died five times.)

I’ve had a good laugh at your posts here. What grandfather clause is this supposed to be?

no me

The General Chat Thread

Thank you for the friendly reply over this, been quite rare in this thread where everyone is quite aggressive towards other player’s views.

When you take 15 or more damage, you will now be set to “In Combat” (IC) for 7 seconds. While IC, your pet’s Heal and Magic Heal abilities will have their cooldown increased by 3 seconds.

So basically this is just nerfing pets and permanently adding 3 seconds to every pet heal/pet cooldowns.
Your pet only heals you when you’re missing hp, and if that’s more than 15hp (which is 99% of the time), it’s permanently 3 seconds extra on ur pet cooldowns. To avoid this you would have to dodge, but again then it doesn’t even matter if you have a pet, cause as soon as you take one shoot it’s on cooldown again. (make any sense?)
I think it’s kinda stupid tbh, but that’s just me having spend a fair amount of money on my pet a while back.

So I’ll be honest, I think these changes are great. The pet change is obviously the most controversial, but in my opinion these changes are imperative for the game. It’s funny, really, just how many people are crying over their pet while in IC, as pentaract and mynamerr showed earlier, a max divine pet is still better than a max rare. If you didn’t know, a max rare is more than enough to help you in the game. Sure, your pet is not gonna help you tank shots, but is that what the game is about? No. This game shouldn’t be about getting your pet to the highest level. I believe this is a step in the right direction.

Wait. What? why are you saying this will kill “old rotmg”? Isnt this bringing it back to be more similar with “old rotmg”? Or am I completely misunderstanding?

Don’t forget this is PT.

Some things may change. DECA hears you all.

In all honesty I hope it doesn’t change too much, like Deca deciding not to even go ahead with the changes, just because so many people cry over it like last time. To quote it’s like a baby refusing to eat vegetables, since in the game’s current state a baby could probably use a divine pet and do just as well as every other player.

I won’t play the game anymore if they actually go through with the pet nerfs, just saying

Will there be a buff to the cloak of the mad god as armored is being nerfed.

So basically this is just nerfing pets and permanently adding 3 seconds to every pet heal/pet cooldowns.
Your pet only heals you when you’re missing hp, and if that’s more than 15hp (which is 99% of the time),

if you take more than 15 damage in one shot, you’re set to IC, not if you take 15 damage in general

They should not implement it, Deca does business in the US and hence falls under us jurisdiction. I agree that it has nothing to do with video games just showing it as a option.

That’s like saying any online video game that’s ever shut down is breaking the law because someone spent money on it.

Also, looking up your “grandfather clause,” there is no catch-all in United States law that says grandfather clauses need to be used in every situation. You’re just pulling a legal term out of your ass that barely applies and saying it lets you keep your priest-in-a-box.

I think this is very well done, people have issues with their pets being nerfed but even IC a maxxed divine is ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY vit, even ignoring how you’re still getting mana regen.

My one issue is the event staff looks laughably bad, which isn’t good because imo there’s only one or two usable untiered staves.

The grandfather clause is a concept, not a blanket statement. This is irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Here is just a brief quote of that ToS that you seem to want to ignore.

Non-refundable and non-exchangeable: All purchases of Virtual Currency are final and are not refundable, transferable or exchangeable. By purchasing Virtual Currency, you confirm that you want the Virtual Currency credited to your Account immediately and that by doing so you lose any cancellation rights under applicable laws, including but not limited to the EU Consumer Rights Directive (2011/83/EU) and/or any national laws implementing it.

US Law>Deca TOS

sure, you do wave away those rights, but it still is a shitty move, and people have the right to call it out as it is, even if it is something that will improve the game. The least DECA could do is offer pet food for those people or something, doesn’t even have to be some big compensation.

also grandfather clause doesn’t work here for obvious reasons, as then most situations would literally fall under grandfather clause

most of the time when they do PTs, not much changes from the final product (good example I would put is RIFTS, library, fungal cavern), so even if they did change things, it wouldn’t be that big (most likely would be related to IC/OOC values).

well what if I don’t have a divine pet? and if I don’t have a mp regen either? because not everyone has some godly pet with all useful abilities (savage best abilitiy OwO).

When I think back to when I was but a wee little light blue star, the thing I remember most was waiting behind the barriers in Stheno’s room and waiting for my hp to replenish to the point where I could run out to get in a few more shots before again retreating to safety. I sat outside the Lich’s castle and waited for my hp to replenish so I could do another drive-by of his skeleton horde. I ran out of the sprite boss room to allow myself the time to heal back to full so I could continue to fight this crazy fast red monster. Lots and lots of waiting. But now I see that in OoC, a player’s vit is essentially doubled, reducing the time it takes for someone without a pet (or just a weak one) to heal, meaning more time in combat for newer players, meaning more loot, meaning more fun experiences for people just trying out the game.

Meanwhile, those of us who have powerful pets and who can currently tank a ton of shots, now have reason to dodge those shots. When we do, we heal even faster, and the occasional slip-up doesn’t hurt us much if we are able to dodge the majority of shots (and return to OoC relatively quickly). This also cuts down on the layer-on-the-hp-instead-of-actually-trying-other-builds mentality by ensuring that stats like vitality and defense are now far more worthwhile than they once were. This update encourages technical skill (by actually requiring us to dodge) and careful consideration of the sets we choose (since there are now far more factors to consider).

I’m also seeing a whole bunch of negativity from experienced players who put a lot of time/money into their pets and who are now threatening to quit/stare disapprovingly at DECA. I understand your frustration, but this may very well be the way the game needs to go; a slowly shrinking base of players is not a sustainable source of profit for any game company, and the game tends to get pretty stale when it essentially becomes a constant slog to farm for loot without ever dying. This game has long had problems with getting new players interested, and if we only concentrate on the interests of those who are firmly established, this thing ain’t goin’ nowhere.

AMEN BROTHER Thats my pocket priest. But fr they fall under US jurisdiction. They should obey the law. Even if there is no law they should allow pets created before the patch went live to act the same as it did before the patch.

Those with divine pets are still at a major advantage from those without so what’s the problem here? sure it’s not game breaking anymore but why do you want it to be game breaking?

That would literally defeat the purpose of this entire update and would just make even less new players join the game than the already low amount because they would be forever inferior in power to everyone else. It just doesn’t work in an MMO.

Additionally, like several other people have pointed out, the grandfather clause falls under US law, not a balance update in a video game. It’s silly to suggest that this should follow the same principles.