PT: In/Out of Combat System and more!

also the fungel even dont gareente loot lmao

The whole pet system is excessive, it is almost impossible to dodge all the shots in LHā€™s/voids, this negatively impacts the people like me who has supported this game and payed for our pet. If you must implement it grandfather clause us in. Under US law we are grandfather claused in. This is not ok to make such a major change to the way pets work. Either lower it to 1 second or have a cool down time of 5-10 second between the effects, this is going to cause alot of non hackers to die because they cannot regen. You are punishing non hackers and causing more people to hack to not die. Stop this. DO NOT IMPLEMENT THE PET REDUCTION.

What? Deca isnā€™t even in the US, and the grandfather clause has nothing to do with video games. Iā€™ve said that I disagree with this drastic of a nerf (75% nerf to 100/100 pets), however balance changes are part of every game whether you like it or not.

Balances are fine but you have to draw the line between what actually hurts things and what makes them better (in this case challenge over pet leeway). I think 3 seconds between heals is alot for taking as little damage as 15. (and this lasts for 5.4 seconds on all classes with 40 vit), which is basically giving every attack pet stasis once you enter the godlands,

Edit: Which although that is challenging to some people, yes, alot of people also feel like their money on pets has been in a way ā€œrobbedā€ since when pets would be benefitial, they are basically unusable. Also keep in mind there will be 4 seconds between heals for players with Divines, but people with rares or legendaries will basically be without those for even longer

also this,
One shot forwards and two backwards
Is this meant to be the cultist staff for bows?

1. Reworking pets; not a fan. As a lot of people have stated, players have worked hard to feed their pets, and others have paid for their pets. Either way, they were promised the stats they currently have, not a good idea to take that away.

2 Adding the status immunity to all enemies to prevent perma paralyze and stun I do like, but could be reworked. Instead of adding the immunity, whenever a player uses an ability that causes effects like stun or paralyze, it deactivates the pets magic heal for a few seconds (preferably 1-2 seconds more than the duration of said effect), but they can still use mana potions, making it more in line with the pre-pet days, chain stunning, but only for a certain period of time.

1. I do like the aspect of being able to circumvent the IC mode, but that only applies to shots that deal 149 damage or less, and a LOT of end game shots deal more than that.

God I hate this games community

player numbers are lower than in kabam days and at the first attempt of improvment people are crying because theyā€™re afraid of getting their pet nerfed after just an hour of testing

The new weapons are absolutely trash, donā€™t bring them out please.

Copypasted from my reddit comment on the matter:

Increasing heal/mheal cooldown by a fixed amount instead of proportionally is something I find incredibly irritating (as a player with a divine pet). Plus, the threshold is too low (try 20-25) and itā€™s ridiculous that it gets triggered by damaging liquids. And Iā€™m not sold on the idea that magic heal should be part of this specific system at all ā€“ I think the proper way to balance mheal would be to tie it in with the last time you used your ability, rather than the last time you took damage.

Iā€™m also bothered that the status cooldown is being applied across the board to all monsters instead of just on the ones where they previously had an immunity. That kind of undermines the alleged point of the new system, which is increasing the utility of status-inflicting abilities.

I like the idea behind the changes that are being implemented here, but I think this execution is wrong. I do like the dynamic of balancing def and HP in order to not trigger the IC debuff conceptually, but in practice doing that isnā€™t going to happen since 15 is a difficult target to hit in most cases.

Obviously the pet stuff will be controversial, but I suggest everyone actually play with the changes on testing before posting knee-jerk reactions. Iā€™ve tested with an uncommon and divine pet so far and have no complaints.

Also, @Stellalumi was kind enough to update the heal/mheal spreadsheet with the in-combat values so you see exactly how different they are:

Yes, these are big changes, but I want to emphasize that theyā€™re not straight-up nerfs. You can still get however much heal and magic heal you originally paid for if you dodge all high-damage shots, and you get more regen than other people either way.

Iā€™ll admit that dodging everything isnā€™t always feasible and that this makes the game harder, but I cannot overstate how much of a good thing this is. Pets in their current form mean Realm of the Mad God is a bullet hell game in which you can pay not to dodge. That is as pay-to-win as it gets and makes balancing content near impossible. As I see it, rewarding dodging while allowing pet owners to retain an advantage is the best possible solution to the mess of a pet system Kabam left the game with.

How are these improvements at all? They are making the games pace slower overall without fixing any of the other issues that plague the game this system is awful with the way the game currently is we cant even see our player model in game in large groups because they refuse to implement a feature to disable players/pet

If they buff drop rates like they said in the op, then its faster right?

Compared to last year, ~60% of people already left

You guys all seem to oversee that game has already massivly gone dowhill in the last ~12 months and it will die without some fundamental changes

May I ask where you tested the pets post change? Because early game people probably wonā€™t notice as much, but things like LH which can easily pop you even getting 90 HP every second is probably where the burn stings the most.

Seriously tho, holy shit, thatā€™s a lot of stuff!

Iā€™m very glad that you took the time to also write out explanations for each change.
Although Iā€™m tempted to say that the 3-second added cooldown for pets on getting hit for >15 damage is a bit excessive, thatā€™s just on paper, without actually testing it yet >u<

Iā€™m also very glad that you took previous feedback into account, with Mysticā€™s base stats, especially!

lmao @ everyone already crying without giving a decent basis for their argument and just going off on numbers alone

This. I have written about this before wrt the boss of the Nest. I have never completed the boss, despite numerous attempts, either dying or nexusing. normally soon after the battle starts, as there is nowhere to retreat to when I am taking heavy damage/confused/cornered, often put there by lag ā€“ not bad lag but the sort thatā€™s unavoidable in a network game with the nearest server over 100 miles away.

Bringing it back on topic, I have watched numerous videos of this boss battle but itā€™s hard to translate such videos into experience. I also note that the videos Iā€™ve seen of people soloing such battles almost always are done with a pet, and a very good one.

The IC/OC mechanic is going to make such battles far harder for most players, i.e. basically impossible for most. With nowhere to hide, waves of overlapping hazards, and unavoidable lag being hit every other second is near inevitable. So you will be In Combat near permanently, relying on vit heal and what heals other players can give you (who also are struggling to heal with their MP pet heal disabled).

Such dungeons need a dramatic rethink if the IC mechanic is introduced. As well as Nest I would include Thicket especially last boss, Reef, Shaitans, and probably Lost Halls (though I have very little experience of that). They need space and/or time to retreat and recover.

I have tested it and Oreo WILL prevent IC from activatingā€¦ that is incredibly powerful and worthy of the item. Now everyone will love Oreo as much as I do!

I have also tried playing with a pet and without a pet and there is definitely still a noticeable difference, so for those of you who are worried about your pets, I donā€™t think you should. Pets still make quite the difference.

This is a step in the right direction, but I canā€™t say I really understand taking this approach rather than implementing diminishing returns. DR has been a staple of RPGs for years and yearsā€¦ because it works. Why try and come up with something new that arguably makes less sense and is less effective? For the sake of being original?

They should not implement it, Deca does business in the US and hence falls under us jurisdiction. I agree that it has nothing to do with video games just showing it as a option.

even with the changes, divine pets will still be very op.

even under IC, it gives you a maxed rare pet, which is what most players have, and itā€™s already pretty op

At its core, Realm is a cooperative bullet hell game. It was always meant to be slow-paced.