PT: Oryx 3, Bard, and Livestream

Pretty much everyone is having issues.

Don’t forget this will also lead to tracker problems. You’re clearing a realm peacefully for the past 30-40 minutes and then suddenly when 5 enemies are left a horde of 50 people appears.

I wouldn’t worry about it being too easy for now. People are still trying to get used to his desperation phase. Though once you get into testing O3, say anything you’d like! image

This is something I’m pretty concerned about. For all the love that the TP cooldown got for largely stopping people from using event notifiers, the problem will be back in full force for O3 – in a more coordinated manner, even. The TP cooldown is irrelevant to notifier types if they’re just looking for Oryx runs, so there’s no issue with swapping servers.

I hope Deca has a plan for this.

Yeah, its a “discord dungeon”. As long as this game is a mmo, raiding will be more efficient than a group of random people and endgame content will have to be balanced around raiding.
I see no problem with this, but I know a lot of people love to casually grind alone and judging by what I have heard about the boss fight, this will rarely be done in realm groups.

Its hard to balance cooperation, difficulty, and casual play.

Obviously, I disagree. WoW has always used raids and raid leaders, but then again raids always become repetitive. The genre of the game requires cooperation, so using a tool made for cooperative games doesn’t seem too offensive to me.

I’ll let you know when I get to oryx 3. So far everyone has died even before the archbishop lol.

Is there an issue with bard? My client seemed to bug out when i made one before, luckily it got deleted and everything went back to normal, but the second time I made one it fully lagged out n I can’t get back in.

While raiding can be more effective than randos. If the progression of a game relies on third-party-programs to play content that will otherwise be inaccessible, It’s a clear indication of poor game design.

Don’t really seem to have any issues with the bosses Pre O3 so far, even though Blue seems to be the most annoying one for me.

O3 has been alot of fun for me, but there is this Circle RNG phase, where if you stand too close, you literally pray to the god of RNGESUS to survive. His Rage phase seems doable but is INSANELY hard, with Oreo atleast it’s really easy.

To go further on about this, Oreo is probably BIS in this dungeon for pally.

I was in that ThiccToastrz Dammah run and what made everyone die was the inability to see shots under the mass of people and huge number of graves. Dammah is fairly doable solo and quite easy with a small group, but impossible once you get above a certain threshold. Shots NEED to be rendered over players in order to make it fair for players in larger groups.

Here’s the thing. Realm is permadeath, meaning there’s a lot more to risk in failure, so people will seek the safest option possible. If all players think that they’re achieving so little because of the risk of death, they will be pushed to use Discords, and players shouldn’t feel that way. At least, that’s how I see it.

I’m sure DECA is working on that. As well as increasing visibility on your own character.

Well my game has lagged out again so I will also add this.

The closing of sections in the sanctuary also appears to allow for trolling.

One person rushed ahead and closed off the archbishop for everyone else.

Might be fixed if each section was broken down all Cemetery style, opening up when enough enemies have been slain. (Of course this will spell trouble for soloists who would rather rush, maybe scaled threshold?)
Made this comment before i actually played sanctuary)

is bard range buff not working atm?

All my homies break O3 boss mechanics

Aight, some small thoughts:

• Really like the ST set for bard, I’d like all ST sets to be more focused on having pieces of the set or full set - getting extra bonus buffs for how many pieces you equipped is cool

Bosses

• Make Gemsbok stay around a big longer after teleporting, sometimes he teleports instantly again when he teleports to a spot and it’s very annoying

• The very last phase for Gemsbok could be toned down a bit, shots were flying everywhere and I could not even get close to him ; probably because I was playing very safe. Couldn’t really move much without taking multiple shots and a lot of damage

• The O3 phase where he just only shoots out bombs of various debuffs basically just encourages people to back away and wait the phase out, I think that phase could be changed so it’s few less bombs but Oryx could be chasing with some shots, kinda like O2 chase phase

• Make the walls that block off the boss rooms thicker, like MBC, to prevent teleporting out - The walls should also close in like MBC

Not that good with feedback, Don’t have much about the other bosses - I’ll probably try doing them again when I can without lagging too much (Got a potato laptop)

Current thoughts on O3 himself:

• Most of the phases pre-exalted form feel pretty good in terms of difficulty, if the intent is for exalted form to be where Oryx actually becomes properly hard

• HOWEVER, post-exalted phases seem slightly too easy except for Celestial/Desperation phase which is probably far too hard compared to the previous phases.

That’s all the feedback I have for now, tbh

“We will be closely monitoring the drop frequency and availability of runes from their permanent drop sources, and how the dungeon is run after release to make adjustments if we believe that access is impossible without Discord servers. Due to the means of access as well as the dungeon’s overall design (which you’ll see more of soon!), we believe that the dungeon will not leave players feeling obligated to use a Discord server to stand a good chance.”

If this is the goal, literally everything is too hard.

Too hard to access and too hard to complete.

They dug themselves into a hole that’s impossible to climb out of. Deca keeps Oryx annoyingly hard and then the realmeyers huddle into their discords.

Deca nerfs Oryx and the realmeyers cry the game is too easy.

Don’t forget Kiddforce keeps dreaming about hammering down your pets too. Again, some of the realmeyers keep crying to the devs that pets are op.

The issue is the dev team has been fed hardcore nonsense by several realmeye players and they don’t know how to appease the playerbase.

Was O3 a dungeon that even needed to be made? Players have long complained that Oryx and Oryx 2 have become irrelevant. O3 doesn’t solve that at all in it’s current state.

Dungeon aside, I think the mini bosses are on a 6/10 on difficulty. Most of the phases were a little underwhelming. I really enjoyed Treasurer Gembok’s phase where he opens the portals and swords comes out. For both the Treasurer Gemsbok and Archbishop Leucoryx fight, it was really hard to tell where shots were coming from. The fire shots of Leucoryx seem to just spawn out of thin air? It’d be nice to add a sprite to show where it’s coming from. The minions are pretty balanced but I think you increase the hp a bit. I can see this dungeon being steamrolled by raid groups. For Oryx 3, I think the first half of the boss fight was fairly simple and at times lackluster. I would often find him just shooting from a corner and I was able to recover easily far away. The difficulty spike when he enters his exalt mode is like night and day. First half is a stroll in the park but once he changes suddenly there’s more status effects and increased damage. I’d change it so he’s hard throughout. I also think of the room was smaller it’d be better. Also there’s a bug when you try stunning the minions in o3 where the debuff status is above them but they are still shooting.

A 6/10 difficulty? What server are you on? Literally haven’t seen a single group get past Gem.

Again this is what I’m talking about. The realmeyers say the difficulty is a 6/10 and deca believes them.