PT: Oryx 3, Bard, and Livestream

Yeah, I genuinely don’t know how this was overlooked. At least in previous sessions the accidental permakeys (I assume this is an accident) were at least only briefly in the shops AFAIK. In this session everyone who makes a non-bard character spawns with one.

You might think that the crowd of people practicing halls rushing maybe, just maybe, contributes to the instability of the servers, which also leads to difficulty in actually testing the new content (well, also that practicing halls rushing distracts from the testing content completely).

Ok so tried out O3 as rogue solo (Gemsbok and most of O3) and here’s what I think:

Positives:

• Sprites are overall really nice
  • For the most part difficulty felt pretty balanced (no cheap tricks like stacked shots, it was always clear what to do, shots were punishing but there usually was enough room to recover)
  • The gimmick with the three guys surrounding oryx was neat
  • Gemsbok’s choose-the-right-coin phase was fun.
  • Random miniboss before O3 is a cool idea and makes the dungeon nice and replayable

Negatives:

• Like mentioned before, Gemsbok teleports way too frequently at times and it’s annoying.
  • This might be a preference thing, but there isn’t enough room to heal during O3’s second half. there’s pet stasis shots everywhere and a lot of bullets deal very high damage, so getting hit just a couple of times usually got me blinking. Some phases were better than others, but it’s especially bad when he circles around the room and there’s no way to escape because of the red blobs circling around the room.
    I think it would be better if O3 was more like O2: Easy to survive, hard to approach. It should always be possible to back of and heal, especially since the fight is so dangerous. First half of the fight is fine, second half not so much (or at least some it, died at the circling phase mentioned before)
  • The 32x32 sprite looks a bit goofy because Oryx is somewhat small in-game lol. I suggest scaling him up just a little.
  • Playing solo as a rogue, I don’t think I ever saw the bosses staggering or countering. This is obviously just nitpicking, but I found it interesting.

Overall, cool beans, would run again. 8/10

Honestly just looking at the comments on this post makes me lose faith in the game.

30-50 8/8 fully equipped graves in an O3 - “This might be a preference thing, but there isn’t enough room to heal during O3’s second half”.

You guys are just hilarious. I can’t take you seriously.

I started it off with “I think” because It’s my opinion for me personally. I specifically said “I think” so readers know I’m not speaking for other players. Bullet hell games are my favorite so a lot of the shot patterns implemented for these new mini-bosses are simple for me to dodge. Remember the game rewards people for being good at dodging and if people can’t that well, of course people won’t make it past it. A lot of their shot patterns are geometric and it’s clear to see where most of them where it’s headed. I think when others understand it, it’s definitely going make them feel more accomplished instead of just tanking it in a huge group later on. Remember my opinion and everyone’s opinions here is subjective not objective. Also looking at your posts, it seems like you think it’s going to be another discord dungeon? My friend and I had no troubles duoing the mini bosses and got past Oryx 3 exalted phase before it crashed. I can see this being a discord dungeon in the foreseeable future but I’m sure plenty of people are able to do it in small groups.

i lagged while using the speedy lute and just went trough the wall

Are you alright there? Did you read the rules and guide lines for the forums?

"You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But, remember to criticize ideas, not people . Please avoid:

• Name-calling.
  • Ad hominem attacks.
  • Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content.
  • Knee-jerk contradiction.

Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation."

It seems like the mini bosses are too hard for you and that’s fine. Perhaps you should provide a detailed response about it so others can reflect upon it instead and actually contribute feedback instead of being salty towards everyone. I think the mini bosses are simple for me so I wrote that it was for me. Everyone here simply looked at my comment and knew it was my personal opinion but here you are bent on it buddy like I made some kind of personal attack. I mean I literally just wrote my experience on how I feel about the dungeon so far and here you are feeling some sort of way.

If you’re commenting on O3 being perfectly balanced I would hope you complete it before telling everyone it’s easy.

why dont they open flash testing server as well because i cant access this because i play on flash

I made a bard and now i cant enter testing. Is anyone experiencing this problem as well?

Oryx 3 and the Bard will not be available on Flash (ever). They are exalt exclusive content.

This is a reply to message from a while ago, but just wanted to say that this is entirely flawed logic. There are so many amazing MMOs with end game raid content that require third party communication for players to coordinate the raid. This is just a staple of online gaming at this point. I think dungeons that require actual coordination are healthy for a game like this as it allows more cooperation and teamwork.

Ok after hours and hours I finally did it.

I will have to compile a full list. However for the boss I will say having speedy on priest saved me a bunch of times and I feel the boss is hard for melees because most shots pierce and melees won’t have as much time to get out of the way.

This is a reply to message from a while ago, but just wanted to say that this is entirely flawed logic. There are so many amazing MMOs with end game raid content that require third party communication for players to coordinate the raid. This is just a staple of online gaming at this point. I think dungeons that require actual coordination are healthy for a game like this as it allows more cooperation and teamwork.

It goes against their core statement though that o3 would be doable without discord.

I can’t go to testing. It loads 1 min, then says “Can’t access testing server” (maybe it’s down but i don’t really think so) and if i ask to change servers, it loads forever. What can i do ?

confused
Joining testing seems simple enough but I don’t seem to have the option, does that mean testing servers are currently down or is there something I should have done or should be doing?

Don’t use steam

You mean always be countering? No, groups will learn to withhold their attacks so they don’t get weaked/quieted/etc. when it cannot be purified (ouch).

That is extremely shit but acceptable if they don’t release bard until Unity is out of beta.

Bard and Oryx3 will rellease alongside with the official release of Exalt

“An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host [002]”

wait a second, that’s illegal

(You meant Dammah -w-)