PT: Vital Combat & Exaltations

So much amazing stuff!!! I’m excited! Grind is a lot tho for sure

No necro buffs makes my heart ache tho, at least mori is a bit better and puri skull is now only group puri in game :sunglasses:

please tell me this is a joke

The healing nerf would barely be an impactful nerf especially with the new combat system, I think the cooldown was very necessary and makes the game much more skillful and less reliant on 100 mheal priests with puri.

The whole point of exaltation is to be over-the-top, it is meant to give a very long term goal to grind out for maxed accounts with nothing else to do.

The reason the threshold is so low is because of mseal and how prevalent armored is, along with the minimum damage threshold from armor being increased from 85% -> 90%.

I like the idea of the exaltation concept, but this update heavily favors players with multiple character slots. Newer players that haven’t had the opportunity to get multiple char slots will have a much harder time getting mastery/armor proficiency/weapon exaltations.
Please make it possible for players that started after char slots were given out constantly to actually acquire more than 1 or 2 character slots once every 4 months.

So, i decided to put feedback into a more throughout and detailed, organized post:

Vital Combat: Good concept, way too generous to divine pets and the way the timer is made rn will probably make high vitality overpowered and wisdom pretty redundant, why is the timer only lowered by vitality, and why make vitality benefit MP recovery so much? I thought that was supposed to be wisdom’s job?
Another point of contention is how you decreased the cooldown increase to 2 seconds instead of 3, but legendaries and divines, the latter of which will still break the game with Magic Heal in the hands of a skilled dodger, you didn’t nerf in any additional way. I hope you realize that the current system is way too generous to divine pets and will barely help make them not a gamebreaking feature, atleast when it comes to MP recovery.

An especially bad issue you seem to have overlooked is that a melee with Fungal Breastplate, Sandstone Seal buff and Exaltation will have an In-Combat timer of only 1 second, practically nothing, and still be able to spam their ability to a gamebreaking degree and receive gamebreaking pet healing nonstop. At the cost of like what, low defense? You don’t need defense when you have an un-nerfed divine.

Solution idea: Split Vital Combat into 2 separate timers for Heal and Magic Heal, the former determined by vit, the latter determined by wisdom, why? Because while this would make things more complicated, it would also far lower the potential for gamebreaking builds that abuse vit stacking to get a full strength divine, and would also make wisdom more relevant, it’s very important you consider the vit meta centralization this could cause.
Another thing you could do is rebalance the base healing itself in order to keep low and mid level pets relatively untouched, but focus on nerfing divines, say, make each pet tier a 1.7x upgrade in HP and MP per second, not a 2x upgrade, this would barely effect lower level pets at all, but nerf divines alot, and legendaries a decent amount, to compensate, wisdom and vitality could also be buffed a little more.

Tome Nerfs: Good.

Class Rebalances: You should definitively add split healing to Necromancer to, to prevent him from becoming Priest 2.0, maybe buff him in other areas to compensate.

Exaltation: This feature is… to not sugarcoat it, executed like total garbage here, grindy doesn’t begin to describe it, 32k endgame dungeons? Why would you need stats or loot boosting at that level? Who will get any mileage out of this feature? It sure doesn’t seem like it’s gonna be anyone who doesn’t play this in a downright unhealthy manner for years on end, the permanency of it could be reconsidered too, i mean, there would be alot more room to make it able to be obtained at your own pace, with these current numbers, and if you do reach it, what could you possibly need it for?! You would already have multiple of every UT from those dungeons at max exaltation? Good concept, horrendous execution. Hope the current numbers are placeholder.

Solution Idea: Make exaltation partially permanent, but mostly per-character, but lower the total dungeons from memes to a low amount per character, this way, you will be able to get exaltation before it becomes practically useless, and more importantly, people who don’t have thousands upon thousands of hours to grind will be able to access it.
Alternatively, you could just lower the amount alot lol, like, nobody but the top 0.1% in time spent is gonna get anything out of this feature with these beyond ridiculous numbers.

To those who may think “hm, this Vital Combat system seems to make the game a lot harder - won’t this make the endgame dreadfully difficult?”, I did a couple solo Nests:

The pet in question here is maxed with level 60 Heal and Magic Heal.

On a ranged class? No problem even without a pet.
Now you might say “that’s well and good, but you were on a safer, ranged class there!”

To which I raise you my proudest accomplishment,

Yeah. Killer Bee Queen, solo, on Ninja, without any pet.
The Killer Honey and 2 health pots were all consumed during Yelllow 3 because I started fricking up my movement a little.

Now, in complete fairness, I’m not exactly an “average” player (gloat gloat). Barely anyone casually playing the game knows the KBQ like the back of their hand at this point, so this isn’t any objective, all-convincing argument that the endgame is way easier now - not just because of the increased regen, but also because of this little note:

Seriously, this small change has sped up so many fights by miles. Every phase just lasts shorter now, despite being somewhat more dangerous.

also I really wanted to flex this completion lmao

Not a bad idea, honestly. It would - as you said - complicate things more, but it might make for even more interesting and hopefully balanced builds - on top of also being more sensical, ehehe. (Already imagining hyper-wis builds with Assassin, Sorcerer, and Wizard to spam abilities for days on end…huhuhu!)
The situation you described (Fungal + Sandstone = 1 sec of IC) does indeed worry me slightly with ability spam - but for the moment, that’s only limited to the heavy armor classes, which are already neutered (be it in the form of limited permastunning or the decreased DPS mults), so if the system’s pushed with vit determening all regen, that won’t pose too big of a problem…yet.

Obviously we can sit here and theorize all we want, it’d be best if we could somehow try it out in-game. The tooltip for wis regeneration is already there, but I reckon that you might need like, an additional indicator for the wisdom-tied IC.

Quick edit:

The final phase of CWM is incredibly difficult to properly do petless, lots of damage being exchanged.

The Achievement Thread

This makes me want to die honestly, we want simplicity, not overly complicated crap we have to farm our whole existence for ridicule rewards, ROTMG is fine as it is and this update might kill it imo

This is not a joke.

It’s not an update yet as it hasn’t been added to production. It’s still on public testing so go test it out so that you can come back and leave detailed feedback.

Also, it’s not going to kill the game. Lmao. What a ridiculous conclusion to come to about something that hasn’t even left the testing server yet.

Wands outdamaging daggers is wack af

I feel like this is one big joke and waste of time.

Firstly, I am in favor of the pet nerf. I love seeing the people who spent hundreds of dollars get fucked over.

You’re adding Exaltation, which requires players to do 19,200 dungeons total, not including deaths that set you back, nexusing, and other miscellaneous drawbacks that add up. That doesn’t even include the difficulty of the dungeon.

Oryx’s Sanctuary is a great example: You have to do 150 dungeons to get a measly 25 points of life. And you have to do 150 on each class for a total of 2,400 sancs. Not including deaths, nexuses or disconnects.

Overall, Exaltation is made for the small bunch of players who have “finished” the game. The entire idea of Exaltation has been a waste of DECA’s time developing, only to please the small batch of players who are on the verge of quitting in a desperate attempt to keep them because they can’t market their damn game. I mean, seriously, the damn trailer? I’m dissapointed.

I mean it isn’t supposed to be something you’d be able to complete in a spare weekend. It’s meant to be a long term goal for people to work on over a long period of time.

My biggest issues so far:

Exaltation takes 133 days straight of endgame dungeons to max (a little too much) (assuming 30 minutes per endgame dungeons).

Priests can’t spam self heals (i agree with the group nerfs, but wish priest could heal self no problem).

MBC needs a bullet rework if this goes live, as MBC has a huge bullet hell problem. O3 is fine tho.

Shaitains isn’t in dungeon rotation (and was the BIGGEST problem with the old IC/OOC system, the fact that we can’t test this is HUGE for our feedback potential.) Namely, the little hands kept pushing you into IC last time and made the fight much more difficult beyond the difficulty of other court dungeons.

Honestly, I’m ok with most of these changes, with a couple exceptions.
First let me go through the stuff I can live with:

1. Pets being nerfed. We all know deep down that divine pets are inherently busted. They really do break the game in a way that makes dying with a 100/100 pet virtually impossible unless you eat a shotgun. My only caveat is that divine pets relative to lower level pets will still be a huge hurdle to newer players. With the other changes introduced, I hope they somehow buff lower level pets (which in my opinion were relatively balanced) or make pets below a certain level immune to the in combat system
  2. Buff rebalancing. Armored as a buff was again, extremely powerful. This and other buffs being rebalanced is fine mostly by me (rip perma-stun and perma-paralyze though :frowning: )

Now allow me to kindly disagree with stuff I dislike:

1. Class rebalancing. Priest getting nerfed was inevitable. I personally think that Priest was a little too powerful. HOWEVER, I think that the combination of both the in combat system and the tome cooldown being as long as it is forces an unreasonable burden onto players and forces incredibly cautious play.
  2. Item changes. Leave Puri alone mmkay? The entire point of the Priest as a class is to support everyone else. If the Puri as an item were to be nerfed, they should simply tone down the heal amount. This would make the point of the Puri as an item be to purely remove buffs while only provide relatively marginal healing. The Geb Tome, honestly, I can’t find a reason to nuke the puri effect on it either. The Geb Tome is inherently a more self-centered tome, and if they want to differentiate Geb from Puri, they can consider making Geb only have the puri effect on self, while the Puri tome will still hit the group but heal for less.

As far as Exaltation goes, I have no opinion on it yet, at face value it seems very grindy (which is probably the point), but it appears the rewards can be well worth the risk, with the exception of the O3 campaign. No offense, but I don’t know many people who will complete 80 O3’s without dying, especially if the changes to healing and Puri goes through.

Imagine fighting a boss for the 100th time and still not knowing how to dodge its shot pattern because you rely on group tanking and healing

The

means you must to be 8/8 to counts as a exaltation completion?

People actually need to stop relying on their god tier slave healers and learn the game.

decabad

This is more than a long-term goal. Like 4-5 years. This is years of grinding, assuming you have a social life, which (no offense) most RotMG players don’t have. Players joining in the last year will have absolutely no chance of actually meeting this goal. And I don’t think DECA will be working on this game for 4-5 years. Oh, and what happens when you get all 19,200 dungeons+ WITHOUT NEXUSING/DYING/DCING? You get a 10% boost to your loot on all classes! YES!

In all seriousness, 10% means jack shit in a game about RNG. Say if you were grinding a white bag with this bonus, you could farm for years and still not get it because it’s RNG and that’s what RNG does.

Can’t they make Puri like Mushroom Tome? Puri only x amount of players close to you? Hard HARD nerf to my favorite class. I play Priest to help others and have for ~9 years. You’re making it a lot more difficult. The healing amount is understandable, but also 3 second cooldown? So if I go to heal myself or a friend, then the other one of us gets hit by more bullets I can’t save the other one. I guess there’s always HP pots…

In other news, HEY, THEY FINALLY MADE OREO GOOD by making all other aspects of the Paladin shit. IDK what was nerfed harder, paladin or priest…

This update is the nail in the coffin for this dead game