PT: Vital Combat & Exaltations

Deca be like: Removed 5 second cool down on qot.
Also Deca: Dazed now has 5 second cool down on boss

Feedback based on reading the notes here (I’ll post again after I’ve logged some hours):

• I don’t really like that there’s a minimum duration on In Combat. If someone really wants to run a max vit knight in a group with sandstone seal, they should be able to do that in my opinion. I think the power discrepancy is not so severe that it’s necessary to prevent extreme specialization like this, especially given how much you have to give up in order to run that set instead.
  • Status effect rebalance is still not something I’m a fan of. It makes short duration status effect appliers (Oryx’s Escutcheon, Orb of Aether, Honeytomb Snare, Champion’s Bastion, mid-level electric pets, Brain of the Golem) actively detrimental to the group because they actually lower the uptime of status effects on the boss, as well as forcing more individual applications of the effect for that worse outcome. PLEASE reconsider this aspect of status effect rebalancing. The enemy immunity should be based on how long they’ve been inflicted with the status effect, NOT how many times. The former allows for greater balance and the latter just craps on skill-based items that have to be re-upped frequently, including the brand new O3 white shield that just got introduced.
  • Paladin BST changes – I really don’t like the idea of buffing paladin’s offensive stats. I understand why it’s being done, but I personally believe that nerfing the party effect and buffing individual DPS sends the wrong message to players about what paladin’s class role is.
  • Warrior helms losing cooldown is a huge deal (for tiered helms in particular, but also for jugg). It seems massively gratuitous to buff warrior, ESPECIALLY in the same update as you introduce vitmod, a mechanic that inherently is already buffing warrior. This is already the strongest class in the game. Why on earth does it need to be buffed twice in one update that’s supposed to be nerfing it?
  • Tome changes are good. I am completely SHOCKED that you had the stones to actually remove group purification from puri, but holy heck do I appreciate it. I do also like that you took speedy off of the tiered tomes, but I wish you would have also removed healing (status effect) while you were at it to really fix what was broken by kabam.
  • Exaltations providing the same stat increase to every class rubs me the wrong way. The result of that is that all classes have their stats moved proportionally closer to each other, which sucks for class variety. I would much prefer if exaltations were either:
    • Scaled proportionally to the respective class BST
    • Limited to 1-3 exalted stats per class for specialization purposes (with the option to reset the class to re-spec for different stats)
  • The Exaltations that aren’t directly stat-related (mastery, fast learner, armor proficiency) are really weird and I don’t really know what to think of them. The droprate boosts in particular seem very substantial and despite the grind, not that hard to obtain permanently.

Why shouldn’t those who put time into the game and grind the hard dungeons throughout all their maxed characters be rewarded permanently? You’re acting as if this update is behind some paywall or something. This update is beneficial to everyone both early game to those who dont have pets and now also a nerf to those who have good pets. If you cant do all these dungeons repeatedly across all your characters, then its just a skill issue.

Finally someone who understands and isn’t whining about everything.

Necro and holy water is the new meta?

Although I love playing priest, I think the tome nerfs (to prot and healing output) and damage re-balance are a healthy change and a strong deterrence to the face tank meta. However, I am still a bit unhappy about the purification on self change, acknowledging purification’s overpoweredness in groups. I have always thought priest as a support role, and this change decreases priest utility. Instead of removing group purification, how about decreasing the purification effect radius to 1-2 tiles? In this way, a priest has to actively move to help others ,watching cooldown instead of lazily spamming spacebar in a 65 person group. In combination with the cooldown and hp values decreasing(not 65 men sitting in the same 1 tile radius), puri priests would retain a level of support and important decision-making regarding which allies to help out.

Apologies if I’m misinformed or confused,

But does this mean that if any status effect is applied to an enemy/boss, they’ll become invulnerable for the (majority) duration of that status effect?

Knee-jerk reaction I have right now is that Exaltation rewards to get increased drop rate is an unreasonable amount of grinding the game. I get that this exalted stuff is meant for endgame players, but I’m starting to become an endgame player and this is completely unattainable for me. Unless you want to do nothing but grind out endgame dungeons in a discord server, you will never see exalted increases. My problem is the amount of them, because that is so so so so so much of the same dungeon on all the classes if you want rewards. Just a completely unreal situation if you have a job or attend college. I’ve played the game on and off for 8 years, but this exalted program would make me feel completely obsolete in 2 years, because I haven’t wasted hundreds of hours in the same dungeon endlessly. I don’t think the rewards are remotely worth it, even though they are permanent. I won’t be even remotely considering exaltation even though it’s supposed to be the next step in my endgame experience. I would suggest lowering the dungeon completion count for those that want some smaller rewards or bonuses. Maybe it could scale up that if you did 5 of a dungeon for the first reward, 5 more for the next, then you make it 10 for each reward? I really enjoy the new Combat system and I like the idea that dodging shots rewards much more, but this exaltation system needs a complete change if I’m even going to consider it. Like I said at the start it was a knee-jerk reaction, and I would like someone to help me understand how I can go about enjoying the Exaltation system as someone without unlimited free time.

So much amazing stuff!!! I’m excited! Grind is a lot tho for sure

No necro buffs makes my heart ache tho, at least mori is a bit better and puri skull is now only group puri in game :sunglasses:

please tell me this is a joke

The healing nerf would barely be an impactful nerf especially with the new combat system, I think the cooldown was very necessary and makes the game much more skillful and less reliant on 100 mheal priests with puri.

The whole point of exaltation is to be over-the-top, it is meant to give a very long term goal to grind out for maxed accounts with nothing else to do.

The reason the threshold is so low is because of mseal and how prevalent armored is, along with the minimum damage threshold from armor being increased from 85% -> 90%.

I like the idea of the exaltation concept, but this update heavily favors players with multiple character slots. Newer players that haven’t had the opportunity to get multiple char slots will have a much harder time getting mastery/armor proficiency/weapon exaltations.
Please make it possible for players that started after char slots were given out constantly to actually acquire more than 1 or 2 character slots once every 4 months.

So, i decided to put feedback into a more throughout and detailed, organized post:

Vital Combat: Good concept, way too generous to divine pets and the way the timer is made rn will probably make high vitality overpowered and wisdom pretty redundant, why is the timer only lowered by vitality, and why make vitality benefit MP recovery so much? I thought that was supposed to be wisdom’s job?
Another point of contention is how you decreased the cooldown increase to 2 seconds instead of 3, but legendaries and divines, the latter of which will still break the game with Magic Heal in the hands of a skilled dodger, you didn’t nerf in any additional way. I hope you realize that the current system is way too generous to divine pets and will barely help make them not a gamebreaking feature, atleast when it comes to MP recovery.

An especially bad issue you seem to have overlooked is that a melee with Fungal Breastplate, Sandstone Seal buff and Exaltation will have an In-Combat timer of only 1 second, practically nothing, and still be able to spam their ability to a gamebreaking degree and receive gamebreaking pet healing nonstop. At the cost of like what, low defense? You don’t need defense when you have an un-nerfed divine.

Solution idea: Split Vital Combat into 2 separate timers for Heal and Magic Heal, the former determined by vit, the latter determined by wisdom, why? Because while this would make things more complicated, it would also far lower the potential for gamebreaking builds that abuse vit stacking to get a full strength divine, and would also make wisdom more relevant, it’s very important you consider the vit meta centralization this could cause.
Another thing you could do is rebalance the base healing itself in order to keep low and mid level pets relatively untouched, but focus on nerfing divines, say, make each pet tier a 1.7x upgrade in HP and MP per second, not a 2x upgrade, this would barely effect lower level pets at all, but nerf divines alot, and legendaries a decent amount, to compensate, wisdom and vitality could also be buffed a little more.

Tome Nerfs: Good.

Class Rebalances: You should definitively add split healing to Necromancer to, to prevent him from becoming Priest 2.0, maybe buff him in other areas to compensate.

Exaltation: This feature is… to not sugarcoat it, executed like total garbage here, grindy doesn’t begin to describe it, 32k endgame dungeons? Why would you need stats or loot boosting at that level? Who will get any mileage out of this feature? It sure doesn’t seem like it’s gonna be anyone who doesn’t play this in a downright unhealthy manner for years on end, the permanency of it could be reconsidered too, i mean, there would be alot more room to make it able to be obtained at your own pace, with these current numbers, and if you do reach it, what could you possibly need it for?! You would already have multiple of every UT from those dungeons at max exaltation? Good concept, horrendous execution. Hope the current numbers are placeholder.

Solution Idea: Make exaltation partially permanent, but mostly per-character, but lower the total dungeons from memes to a low amount per character, this way, you will be able to get exaltation before it becomes practically useless, and more importantly, people who don’t have thousands upon thousands of hours to grind will be able to access it.
Alternatively, you could just lower the amount alot lol, like, nobody but the top 0.1% in time spent is gonna get anything out of this feature with these beyond ridiculous numbers.

To those who may think “hm, this Vital Combat system seems to make the game a lot harder - won’t this make the endgame dreadfully difficult?”, I did a couple solo Nests:

The pet in question here is maxed with level 60 Heal and Magic Heal.

On a ranged class? No problem even without a pet.
Now you might say “that’s well and good, but you were on a safer, ranged class there!”

To which I raise you my proudest accomplishment,

Yeah. Killer Bee Queen, solo, on Ninja, without any pet.
The Killer Honey and 2 health pots were all consumed during Yelllow 3 because I started fricking up my movement a little.

Now, in complete fairness, I’m not exactly an “average” player (gloat gloat). Barely anyone casually playing the game knows the KBQ like the back of their hand at this point, so this isn’t any objective, all-convincing argument that the endgame is way easier now - not just because of the increased regen, but also because of this little note:

Seriously, this small change has sped up so many fights by miles. Every phase just lasts shorter now, despite being somewhat more dangerous.

also I really wanted to flex this completion lmao

Not a bad idea, honestly. It would - as you said - complicate things more, but it might make for even more interesting and hopefully balanced builds - on top of also being more sensical, ehehe. (Already imagining hyper-wis builds with Assassin, Sorcerer, and Wizard to spam abilities for days on end…huhuhu!)
The situation you described (Fungal + Sandstone = 1 sec of IC) does indeed worry me slightly with ability spam - but for the moment, that’s only limited to the heavy armor classes, which are already neutered (be it in the form of limited permastunning or the decreased DPS mults), so if the system’s pushed with vit determening all regen, that won’t pose too big of a problem…yet.

Obviously we can sit here and theorize all we want, it’d be best if we could somehow try it out in-game. The tooltip for wis regeneration is already there, but I reckon that you might need like, an additional indicator for the wisdom-tied IC.

Quick edit:

The final phase of CWM is incredibly difficult to properly do petless, lots of damage being exchanged.

The Achievement Thread

This makes me want to die honestly, we want simplicity, not overly complicated crap we have to farm our whole existence for ridicule rewards, ROTMG is fine as it is and this update might kill it imo

This is not a joke.

It’s not an update yet as it hasn’t been added to production. It’s still on public testing so go test it out so that you can come back and leave detailed feedback.

Also, it’s not going to kill the game. Lmao. What a ridiculous conclusion to come to about something that hasn’t even left the testing server yet.

Wands outdamaging daggers is wack af

I feel like this is one big joke and waste of time.

Firstly, I am in favor of the pet nerf. I love seeing the people who spent hundreds of dollars get fucked over.

You’re adding Exaltation, which requires players to do 19,200 dungeons total, not including deaths that set you back, nexusing, and other miscellaneous drawbacks that add up. That doesn’t even include the difficulty of the dungeon.

Oryx’s Sanctuary is a great example: You have to do 150 dungeons to get a measly 25 points of life. And you have to do 150 on each class for a total of 2,400 sancs. Not including deaths, nexuses or disconnects.

Overall, Exaltation is made for the small bunch of players who have “finished” the game. The entire idea of Exaltation has been a waste of DECA’s time developing, only to please the small batch of players who are on the verge of quitting in a desperate attempt to keep them because they can’t market their damn game. I mean, seriously, the damn trailer? I’m dissapointed.

I mean it isn’t supposed to be something you’d be able to complete in a spare weekend. It’s meant to be a long term goal for people to work on over a long period of time.