PT: Vital Combat & Exaltations

???
I didn’t say anything about exaltation

very, very well said.

Brilliant idea, Deca should make a poll and see what the community thinks. Obviously this is very controversial and polls shouldn’t only be used to see what video game news sites we check.

Aight okay here’s my two cents.

I went on testing and tried some things out.

1. I cannot rush halls consistently on ANY class. I can rush on warrior probably 60% of the time, and trickster maybe 75%. I’d say fullskips are a thing of the past (not entirely a bad thing tbh).

2. I cannot solo MBD except on pally. I think this is just a skill thing though.

3. I cannot get past 1st boss of shatters. After the boss has been activated, there are simply some phases where it is impossible to avoid taking damage. If the pet nerf was designed to make large groups less powerful, they’ve made the difficulty gap between large groups and small groups wider. Pet nerfs hit small groups harder than they hit large ones (exempting the crazy HP scaling lmao).

4. I think the idea of IC/OOC overall can’t be applied to realm. It’s a bullet hell. There is sometimes literally no option to “back out and heal”. Consider the lost halls. In MBC, you have to constantly deal with drive-bys, pop-rocks, tentacles, etc etc. You cannot dodge everything, and you have nowhere to run and heal. In the void, you are constantly dealing with minions, dodging void entity shots, crossing rivers, etc etc. In the fungal cavern, unless you are a legend you are guaranteed to be IC almost the entire boss fight. There are many more examples.

5. Puri changes are just weird. It goes against the way Puri was meant. Puri was just designed to take debuffs off allies. It’s next to useless now. I get that they don’t want large groups to just puri off EVERYTHING but I think changes like setting a max amount of people a puri can effect (e.g. 5 people max) as well as giving puri a cooldown (normal tomes shouldn’t have one) are more reasonable.

6. I was looking at some god lands dungeons and the effects now on them, and I actually found that necro was the easiest class to rush abysses and sewers on. I like that necro is more useful now.

7. Marble Seal definitely needed a nerf. No group should be able to just face tank everything. I do think a better nerf would be significantly limiting the range or reducing the tower duration. Jugg and Prot don’t deserve this nerf (Jugg is super rare and should remain very powerfulalso I just got one and spent 5 bucks midasing it).

8. The defense cap change is irrelevant.

9. On the beserk and damaging changes. I like that curse is more powerful. Mystic is more helpful during boss fights. Berserk and damaging should scale with group size. For a 5 person group, I don’t think it needs the nerf. For a 65 person group, it needs the full nerf, but I think the adaptive HP scaling needs to be tweaked. It does not make sense to more than double a bosses HP (at 65 people) from what it was AND nerf damaging and berserk.

10. Crowd control debuff changes. Despite all of the other changes, I believe this is the most impactful one and it’s been completely overlooked by most people. Debuffs are at the core of the RotMG. I agree that a singular archer or knight shoudn’t be able to permanently paralyze or stun an enemy. But a group of archers and huntresses working together should. If you get 3 knights on the same boss yeah that boss should be perma-stunned. I suggest making the debuff cooldown player-by-player. Once you stun a boss, you have to wait 5 seconds before you can stun it again, but your buddy has his own cooldown.

11. Class rebalances. Oh boy.

12. Pally

13. Pally’s a support class and doesn’t need the dps buff.

14. Seals should heal instead of just increasing max HP. Paladins shouldn’t heal as well as priests, but they should do more than just 20hp per second. If seals heal, then pally doesn’t need the vit buff.

15. Pally wis mod changes aren’t too major.

16. Mystic

17. Mystic doesn’t need the dps buff, but it’s much appreciated.

18. Mystic wis mod changes aren’t too major. (jk they are just only for conflict)

19. Warrior

20. Changes aren’t too major. No helm cooldown is nice but unneccesary. If IC/OOC is nerfed, they’re gonna have to restore helm cooldowns.

21. Priest

22. Wand changes are nice and needed.

23. Tomes… are okay. I like the idea of healing less based on how many people are being healed. I don’t like a 3 second cooldown on the healing. If your buddy drops to 100 and his pet’s not working you should be able to drain your MP bar and save him. Not get him to 1/3 hp, then 3 seconds later 2/3s, then 3 seconds later back to full. It’s not the biggest deal though.

24. Wis mod changes are actually very significant. Not only do you now have to wait 3 seconds between heals, your tome heals for 33% less than before.

25. Necromancer

26. Vit buff is just for the IC/OOC system.

27. Ninja and Samurai

28. Buffs are just to make maxing them easier. Very needed in my opinion.

29. Item changes:

30. Oreo got a firm buff. The invuln time can be just enough to get you OOC, and the extra 4 def is nice.

31. Sandstone Seal needs the buff because of the new IC/OOC system. Will be very powerful.

32. Jugg has basically no changes except you can be perma-armored which is kinda OP except armored doesn’t do much anymore. Overall Jugg got a hard nerf which is completely undeserved given it’s rarity. Though to be fair, if they undo the armored nerf (which they should) they’re gonna have to give Jugg it’s cooldown back.

33. Conflict is VERY VERY nice now.

34. Orb of Aether is just even better. Overall Mystic got a crazy buff.

35. Honey orb isn’t as trash of a replacement as aethor orb.

36. QOT doesn’t matter because boss can’t be perma-ed. Maybe nice if you miss.

37. Prot changes are fair.

38. Puri I already talked about.

39. Tome of pain changes are fair, though it would be nice to be spammable.

40. Book of geb is the only tome which gives speedy, which I think is fair.

41. Exaltation straight up benefits hackers who can fully exalt while overall sucking for legit players who will take a long time to accomplish the same feat. I actually believe that the exaltation system will encourage players to hack. Actually when all of these changes hit prod the number of hackers will skyrocket.

One final word on the IC/OOC system. It’s too complicated.

If you’re going to nerf pets, you don’t need to be subtle about it. Just nerf pets.

Divine pet heals for 90 hp/s, so drop it down to 50hp/s. 45 mp/s goes to 25 mp/s. IDK something along those lines but I think IC/OOC is too complicated. If you’re going to nerf pets then nerf pets. For people who think that 50hp/s is too much, keep in mind that these people put thousands of dollars into the game and taking away 40hp/s is already a huge nerf.

Though I really think this should only apply to divine and legendary pets. Rare pets aren’t OP, and I feel for the blue stars with uncommon ones.

Overall, they have the right idea. I like where deca is going. These changes aren’t perfect and deca knows that, which is why they opened up PT to get feedback. I hope legitimate feedback is taken into consideration, and I hope deca will listen to the community. Nothing is set in stone so don’t start hating yet.

personally though, I’ll quit if all changes hit prod the way they are now. my passion is soloing/small grouping tough dungeons and at my skill level, I don’t think I can do that with these changes. Doing dungeons in tiny groups will be accessible only to the top 5% of players, and I’m not one of them.unless of course they keep the sseal changes

This update is horrible and will kill the game if it goes out in this state. It makes large groups have to go against bosses with an astronomical amount of health while having the group DPS nerfed. Priest becomes useless to the point where necro beats it out for healing now. The pet nerf and vital combat isnt the problem, its just mildly annoying. Everything else about this is asking to kill the game and never get new players to come to it.

Sorry to be that guy, but a game who’s ToS requires that you be 16 or older shouldn’t have to be made easy enough for a 12 year old

Kill the game this kill the game that… it’s not going to kill the game. God I’m tired of reading that.

Even most anti-pet nerf whales are too in too deep to quit, let’s be real

You can’t claim it will or will not, objectively. This update looks to change the fundamental gameplay the game has run on for the last ~decade; It will have a significant long-term affect on the entire experience. It’s hard to write off all criticism of this update as “muh steamrolling!”. People are here in this thread because they care, deeply.

Ok bois i tested IC/OOC in testing (aside the funny af sseal bug) and here are my thoughts

• I like the IC/OOC, it gives players a vital reason to dodge (in a bullet hell game)
  • wismod to many classes and no cd to warrior is great, as there will now be incentives to actually max wis instead of being 6/8 forever
  • priest nerf was needed but i still feel like they overdone it (also puri has to be reworked again because in this state it will be nothing but feed power)
  • i still think exaltation is bullshit lmao (redid the math, if u wanna max out all 16 characters, u need to do about 19.2k dungeons like wtf)
  • wand changes mean that dagger changes are needed, which i desperately need
  • all non-tome item reworks are pretty great
  • yeah thats all

overall, i can see why some people are overreacting, but they should actually try out the playstyle instead about crying and saying they’re gonna leave the game

(still think exaltation is bullshit)

If you haven’t seen a single post on the thread that approves every single part of the update, then I’d like you to meet me. I either am for or don’t mind nearly every single part of this update, including exaltation. The only part I’m iffy about is losing progress on exaltation upon death, but that’s it.

The test server is a bullshit, the O3 is very easy when you have a server full of maxed 8/8 players with good equipment and divine pets … they are asking for something impossible

That’s a mega plunder from deca’s part

I actually think endgame content will be easier for beginners.
The most organic way a new player would encounter an endgame dungeon would propably be in the realm after an event boss dropped one. Realm halls and such are most often half empty with only a few players in. The most optimal amount of players is 10 for bosses and 14 for enemies.
At 14 players, orbiting oryx minions have 4800 and 5500 hp. Even if all 14 players in the dungeon are fresh level 20 archers with t7/2/7/2 gear it would only take them less than two seconds of concentrated fire to kill one.

A lot of people will understand that and sentry halls and other realm spawned endgame dungeons will almost always have a small-ish group of players going through it.

Yall play this game like a job, no chance anyone who says they’re quitting over this will actually quit

But you don’t. At all. You think getting hit by any bullet with damage above 15 = “It’s obvious I need to Nexus now.”? That is ridiculously unintelligent. The combat system can be completely ignored from the current game to the Public Testing if you already dodge most of the shots. You actually get MORE regeneration (since they doubled it out of combat) if you dodge well. Rewarding for being skillful.

Ya lol… it’s either pet nerf, priest nerf, pally nerf, the insanely difficult years-long exaltation requirements, damaging/berserk nerf, debuff immunity cooldown… there is so much to piss off players. That being said I really like the pet nerf and exalt (numbers need to be reduced though), but man…

Priest was overly nerfed and I probably won’t touch my paladin after this, and no more perma paralyzing godland dungeons? Look at what that did to Mad Labs. They “updated” Mad Labs to “make it better”. Nobody does them anymore. You can’t paralyze first boss or second boss in the green water. I only touch Labs when I need 2 marks. Not being able to pstun o2 in its first phase? That has always been an iconic part of the game since it was released, knights would have an inventory filled with MP pots before pets existed just to go deep and pstun o2. They really need to rethink this garbage “timed immunity to every enemy in the game” bullshit. It’s a lazy “fix” is what it is. Certain enemies should have this and certain ones shouldn’t. Certain phases should and certain phases shouldn’t.

His sentence is correct though. There are tons of ass kissers for DECA. Not saying he’s right about anything else or who is an ass kisser, but go read the reddit. A lot of ass kissers. For years tons of comments with something negative about DECA in an official post have 50+ downvotes even if it’s true. And their argument is always “They saved the game! It’s more than Kabam ever did!” Like damn. They’d praise a tyrannical genocide-committing leader if Kabam came before them.

That is not true. I just love it less than pre-pets. I like both games. It’s still fun to run through shit and face tank, and to rush many dungeons on many classes. It’s just not as good. Maxing is a joke. 8/8ing is a joke. White star is a joke. Can’t trade UTs. Forever farming for a specific UT only to get UTs you dislike (UT Exchange hopefully fixes that without being p2w). I wish I could have both games. Some servers where pets work like they do now but less drop chance, then the new system but slightly higher drop chance.

? The game is imbalanced by being way too easy, due to pets. Those mean exactly the same thing in this situation. To balance the game it needs to be made harder.

Unibro has 2 recording on youtube of him solo o3 without a pet with this system, so it is definitely possible, but insanely difficult and the man is in the top most skilled players on the game so RIP to 99% of the playerbase. Not boasting with this, just stating, but I solo most stuff and am looked at as a skilled player to players who know me but I still had trouble soloing o3 with Vital Combat mechanics even with a pet. I’m positive I could do it if I tried enough times but it simply is not worth it.

wat… that’s what they’re fixing, Kabam’s pet release.

That’s not true. I can understand you having trouble with MBC survival phase and Void, but Fungal is tremendously easier. You just have to learn it. MBC survival is more on the fly improvised dodging with bullets everywhere without a learnable pattern. Fungal is learnable patterns almost the entire fight (when circling Crystal Child you can’t skillfully dodge the Crystal Mother’s sniping shots, which is the only bullshit thing in this fight. Sometimes I won’t get hit by any, sometimes I will get hit by many, it’s pure luck).

Same. None of this is going to kill the game. It’s only going to kill Paladins and Priests. :clown_face:

You’re talking about different discussion environments; most of the time, Reddit is terrible for anything but memes.

This forum is way better in that regard, you can actually have great discussions here and not get hated for it.

1 - This game is dying (declining player base)

2 - Tweaking numbers is not the solution

3 - Creating content that less than 0.01% of the current players can benefit is not the solution

4 - Nerfing is not the solution

So what is the solution? Good question, I’m not paid for that, good luck, have fun.

Making the purification self only is really bad a better change would be making them immune to purification for x time after receiving the effect, instead of not effect other party members at all.

I see this said everyday and i really don’t believe it.