PT: Vital Combat & Exaltations

lol what about it

I’ve played this game for almost seven years now, and I’ve never seen the community split on changes like this.

Like sure opinion on Deca has been split sometimes but considering this update is what is going to “make or break” the game for alot of people, stakes are high and I don’t have faith that Deca is going to listen to all parts of the community.

Plus the Pet Nerfs mainly drive away the players who are willing to spend large amounts of money. Not saying that Pet Nerfs aren’t needed but driving away people willing to spend big isn’t a great strategy for long term sustainability. Even if they stay, I doubt they’ll drop money on keys.

Personally this update put me over the edge into most likely quitting for good, the changes make the game radically different and I have 0 faith in Deca to actually do the right thing. Can’t speak for others but that’s not an uncommon sentiment in my player circles.

I think he is pointing out you partake in the permanent grind for an account that are pets. Not that this information changes anything about what you said. You can hate the idea of something and still take advantage of it. I preferred the game before pets but still have multiple Legendaries and a Divine. Your complaint is still valid. I completely disagree though. A permanent account grind is awesome, but only if it is achievable without dedicating your life to the game.

You say this responding to a major in-game spender who is in favor. In addition, Spencer and Talwar have already said they are in favor of the changes. Don’t know about others, but those are some major spenders and community members who want to see this go through.

This is probably late, and nobody’s gonna read this, but screw it here’s my thoughts

It feels kinda scuffed to have a 15 damage shot IC you the same amount as a 300 damage shot. I think it would be better to have IC lengths between 3 and 10 seconds based on damage, with higher damage shots ICing more and lower damaging shots ICing less (while keeping the 1 second IC minimum).

I also don’t think beserk and damaging should be nerfed as part of the IC/OOC update, it would be a better idea to implement IC/OOC and the beserk/damaging nerf seperately, and then releasing the other one after the effects of the first are seen.

I’m a little confused as to why Deca is insisting on nerfing armored (which screws over jug and prot, which don’t need a nerf), when they could just nerf the Mseal (which is causing all the problems) by making it give def instead of armored. However, this change helps newer players out a lot more, so I really don’t care that much about it.

The status effects rebalance seems pretty bad in my opinion. This will probably make the new Oryx shield useless. A better way to do this is to put a cap on the amount of time an enemy could be debuffed. For example, Deca could make it so that bosses could only be stunned for a maximun of 10 seconds, after which they’ll be immune to stun for 5 seconds. Also, I feel that slow should be exempted from the immunity, or take longer before immunity kicks in because it’s inferior to paralyze. Player immunity is a good iea though.

All of the class rebalances with the exception of priest can literally be rolled out immediately without IC/OOC. I do worry a bit about how the helm changes would hurt new players without wismod though.

The priest nerfs however, are absolute garbage. Priest is too OP, wands need a buff, an puri needs nerf. However, this DOES NOT mean that priest should be nerfed into the ground like this. A 25% reduction in healing plus IC/OOC is fine, no more speedy on tiered is fine, book of geb and puri cooldown is fine, but adding cooldowns on literally every tome, plus decreased heal on large groups of people on top of that is actually insane. The last two changes go too far. Tiered tomes should not have a cooldown, and you don’t need to remove team purification on priests.

Exaltations is fine, oryx completions could probably be less, and I don’t see why characters need to be 8/8 in order for completions to count because completions are harder with less maxed characters.

not giving solutions to problems but saying there is a problem isn’t helpful.

Spencer and Talwar aren’t big spenders. Talwar doesn’t even have a 90-90 pet, and unless he’s put something new out, in his video he deliberately states he doesn’t want/know which side to choose. (Though he was against the priest nerfs so more negative if anything). Didn’t know Shatter apparently was a big spender but it’s still just one person vs the many people I know with Divine pets.

People can spend insane amounts of money on this game. I’ve probably spent 200+ and I wouldn’t consider myself anywhere near a high spender. $500+ baseline really. Something like this is always going to be arbitrary and not really justifiable with evidence anyway.

Keep in mind though that f2p games are kept together by the people who spend massive amounts of money.

The old forums were taken down because a security vulnerability on the forum is what allowed SwatSec to get access to an admin’s account (since they used the same password on the forum as ingame). Rather than fix the problem, Kabam just nuked it.

It is “whose.” Secondly, don’t be that “guy” then. How old are you? How old were you when you started playing this game? He has a ton of hours in games like Rust, GTA, Minecraft, Rocket League, etc. His age is of less relevance than the point he is at with the game, a beginner. In 21 days, he is now a blue star, I believe he will be fine ultimately, but my original point still stands: The game is very complicated and not exactly welcoming or overly explanatory when it comes to the beginning stages of the game. Without having an experienced player help with gear, potions, and advice, advancing can be a very daunting task as the game has an extreme learning curve and I find this proposed update and its immense changes to further expand the divide between beginners and experienced players.

Man I was so close to coming back to this game. Guess I have more time to focus on my studies now. :upside_down_face:

first attempt (unless you count the ones where i was trying to teach people minibosses)

slightly hindered by me being rusty and also lagging because the testing server sucks ass.

i fade back into darkness now.

No but it really is an insane amount. Let me put it into perspective. If the gain is cumulative, a.k.a, 10 for first stat, additional 20 for second stat, and so on, to max one stat it’d take 150 of that dungeon. 150 by 8, that’s 1200 Endgame dungeon completions to fully Exalt one character. And let’s assume you’re a God, and you never die, because dying will set you back (if you have 40 completions and are on your way to 50 to get that fifth stat, and you die? You lose TEN completions. Yikes). But whatever.

Okay, so 1200 by 16, that’s 19,200 Endgame dungeon completions. Now, for this next part, I’m going to assume you do nothing but Endgame dungeons when you play this game, every single minute you play this game. And let’s assume it’s 25 minutes per dungeon (shorter for some, longer for others, and I’m including wait time in between runs), and let’s ALSO assume you make absolutely every run, never Nexusing and/or dying. Thats 480 000 minutes, in hours, 8000. 8000 Hours, of nonstop Endgame Dungeon grinding, with efficient timing and perfect play.

If you did that, for 6 hours, every fucking day of your life, it would take you 1333 days to Exalt everything; about 4 years. Unfortunately, we’re human, not robots, so we can’t keep that level of play up every single day. Realistically, even for those who are stacked out, it would take around 6 years.

Don’t get me wrong, I love this system in its idea; but the numbers are really fucking high. I don’t think your Average Joe is expected to Exalt all classes anyway, but even Whale Wally would have to waste away four dedicated years for it.

Will Deca (or anyone with input on final decision making) be reading these replies? If so I have some feedback about the system as a whole.

Just for reference, with 75 VIT, you’re healing 11.72 HP/s. Shit, yes, but it’s something. Double that, and you’ve got 23.44 HP/s. Definitely something; stray back for several seconds and you get some health back. x4 increase would 46.88 HP/s, which is half a Divine pet, kind of circling back to the problem of too much healing in the game.

Even then, VIT needs to be reworked IN ITS FORMULA. The formula favours Melees so much even though they don’t need it. For example, you only get like 5 HP/s with 40 VIT. Even if you x4’d this, it’d be negligable. Sure, ranged/mages have WIS, but WIS doesn’t scale as hard (its like 5 MP/s for mages, and 2.8 for Melees). The formula for VIT (which, by the way, is: HP/s = 1 + (0.12 * VIT) just needs to be innately changed, same with WIS.

About the Priest thing, let me put it into perspective:

A necromancer, that hits TWO WHOLE TARGETS, will heal more than a Priest.

And the skull has no cooldown.

And it also does damage.

The priest nerfs were just retardo-bonkers, I mean look, I love gameplay involving high impact, timing, and efficiency. Cooldowns are the best way to implement this; you are forced to use your tools at the most effective situation, such that it isn’t on CD when you desperately need it. So, go ahead; give Priest a 3, fuck it, 4 second Cooldown on Tomes. But why on God’s green earth should that very delayed heal only give you a pitiful fucking 200 HP? If it healed 335, but went on CD for 4 seconds even, that would be perfectly balanced. That way, even in groups, if the CD’s line up, you might go a solid several seconds of absolutely nothing, but the better Priests will always wait with that trigger finger until the timing is perfect.

Nah, let’s just make them useless and buff a SUPPORT class’ DPS instead XDDD

Agree with everything, but the Priests got fucked too hard. There is zero reason to play a priest now. You get a 200 HP heal every 3 seconds. That’s like… shit. Make the CD 4 seconds, make the heal 300+; high impact, high skill. Not only that, but Necro overshadows it too now (for reference, one enemy hit by Necro skull = 120 HP. Skull has no CD, and it also does damage. Yikes). Geb Tome is now dogshit, Puri is a greedy tome for a group oriented class, and with that new Chaos Scripture, it just makes Priest a new sorcerer. Oh yeah, Prot also got fucked hard, on top of Armored nerf, so you can’t even be greedy on a Priest now lol.

Mori buff is shit design though. It should +15 ATT on use, not just a flat +10 on equip. It overshadows every other skull so badly because you just can’t beat them DPS, even though it’s an ST skull. Like Endless Torment was already buried, coffin nailed up and all, but now its grave is just getting pissed on too.

My only two disagreements; pets should be nerfed, pretty hard. I understand it’s really fucking hard in this case, but a nerf for the health of the game gameplay-wise was inevitable. And also nah, MSeal is fucking broken. I don’t give a fuck what your argument is, making everyone about 100% tankier (well 50% now) for like 5 seconds is retarded. Even if it gave everyone around it only 20 DEF instead of Armored, it would still be fucking good. As it stands its, IMO, the most unhealthy, vile, disgusting, aids-infested item in the game, next to shit like Puri (although I do agree the Puri nerf is fucking stupid; cool, make priest a solo class now, eh Deca? fuckin’ hell).

lol