PT: Vital Combat & Exaltations

Just like people keep saying “this update will kill the game”, people keep saying “pets need to be nerfed for the health of the game”.

There has to be more than just saying pets are unhealthy for the game. Unless there are concrete statements backing that up, there’s nothing to support that statement.

Listen, I don’t know if you have fought O3, but there is basically no where to go from O3 aside from having a boss where every shot instantly kills you. O3 can kill you in 3 shots and there’s not much more room for future “boss difficulty”.

I don’t see how there can be any more difficult bosses going forward.

Will all the other bosses in ROTMG become harder with the vital combat system? Yes, they will. But void entity is like a pirate cave in comparison to O3. To be brutally honest, all the content with the exception of O3 will remain as trivial as it did before the update. And O3 was already a ball-busting boss. Thus, the update changes nothing (other than forcing people to to do the same content in smaller groups).

Achievements, perhaps. Solo an MBC? Gain +10 Max HP on that character. Y’know, stuff that’s difficult. People always have to use some metric, DECA as well in this case, but there’s so much more interesting shit to do. Another example, solo x dungeon in under x time? Gain +1 SPD on that character.

Exalting your characters PERMANENTLY such be more incremental and less extreme. Maybe 15 dungeons of x for first stat bonus, then 30, then 45 and that’s it. Just 3 permanent stat buffs (15 for HP/MP). BUT, to compensate, there would be ways to increase your stats on your CURRENT character, which would require less grind but more intensive bombastic gameplay, y’know, fun stuff.

Notice what I’m capitilzing too; this is a PERMA-DEATH. Having permanent stats is nice in small amounts, cuz you feel progression and rewarded, that’s why I said it should be small increments, and you make up for it on an individual character basis. Just thinking about it, that system would be so much more fun. Imagine having to do something on a character to make that much more proficient. Sure, you could very easily still die, but doing enough achievements/milestones on a given character would make that character so much more fun until its eventual inevitable death.

PLUS, it’s more accessible; if you don’t want to grind 150 Lost Halls for a permanent buff, you could get an 8/8, solo MBC right away, and gain a buff until that character dies, 150x faster. The risk of death still exists, the gradual permanent buffs still exist, and worthwhile gameplay would exist, something RotMG has been missing.

I could go on and on, but over all, this just really was a poorly thought out update.

I definitely did buy it for my jugg that sits in my vault when it came out because I had a lot of realm gold and, well, fancy jugg to show off i have a jugg is now fancier and the effect is neat.

Do wish there was something more substantial to how it looked though, but still probably not the most questionable purchase ive ever made in realm.

True, necromancer still has yet to be addressed by Deca if they are going to nerf one healing class and not consider what the other healing class can do.
Regarding skulls, the group splitting heal could also be applied or apply a maximum cap of how much you can heal from enemies (perhaps up to 5? haven’t tested any numbers yet). Skulls aren’t really used for their damage since it is pretty bad and it’s just better to focus on staff dps.

Cooldowns can be offsetted by having more priests. This would mainly be an issue with bigger groups (basically discord raids).

In actual gameplay, 200 HP is still pretty solid enough. The 3 second delay seems fine enough to me, but it could probably just be turned down to 2 seconds.

Lot of bosses were designed taking pets into account, IC/OOC system will make pets significantly weaker. Some people paid a LOT of money for pets, willingly, because they knew how strong they were. Now they are getting extremely nerfed (indirectly, but still).

How happy do you think your customers will be? Imagine paying a million dollars for a sport car and later on they change it to an economy car.

Don’t you think monetization from pets will reduce by a lot?

@sonicman i believe someone/ multiple people will be, yes (otherwise there would be literally no point in this thread).

Right, ima say a few things. To be honest, I can’t give much feedback because exaultations is an endgame feature (and im not endgame yet). Most of these are about the PT and other feedback rather than me giving feedback myself.

1. the 85% defense cap -> 90% def cap doesnt really do anything much in perspective to IC/OOC. It does make it nicer however to find damage reductions since the capped damamge value is just a tenth of what it originally is (easy to work out). However, since it takes 15 damage to activate IC. A bullet doing 100 with 85% reduction (old cap) would do 15 damage, but takes 85 def, which is very high.

2. One problem I felt was that too much was presented. For example, IC/OOC and the rebalances could have been one testing session, then exaultations another. Since exaultations is primarily late-game only, while IC/OOC is early game as well.

3. As such I felt exaultations didnt really recieve any feedback whatsoever except the fact they felt the amount of dungeons required was too high. Very few commented on the rewards and how they felt about that. Does this mean people thought it was ok because nobody said anything negative or does this mean people were to absorbed with other things to comment on it?

4. Can people please not give feedback like

and such? It contributes nothing whatsoever to the testing except the fact that it means you dislike it in general. The point of feedback is to be more specific. If you don’t like it, give a particular reason why you don’t. What specific parts do you dislike- dont blanket over it with “everything”. Perhaps the reasons you don’y like it is because is an overall nerf? I think people tend to be a lot more protective and verbal about disliking strong nerfs than necessary. I very much thank the people who gave proper, detailed feedback on the man topics.

This post is a bit late, but oh well.

Although some have spoken differently, I support many of these changes - some of which are more drastic than others. Regardless of the controversy of some of these changes, I want to give a big thanks to DECA for continuing to develop major updates. Thank you, DECA!

One of the changes I personally question is the “status effect rebalance.” What was the purpose of adding an immunity in the first place? What was wrong with the previous behaviors of these status effects? I’m not saying they should not undergo change; I’m just wondering what the motivation was. What I noticed, additionally, is how the immunity would function in large groups. With so many abilities being used by a large group against an enemy, there is a chance the enemy (probably a dungeon boss or something similar) would spend an undesirably large amount of time immune.

Nerfing the Puri and Geb tomes has likely been the most controversial feature, but I support the changes. Priest is currently a fairly good class (some might say OP, given the situation), and nerfing these two tomes will help to draw the Priest back to reality a bit. Importantly, though, nerfing these two tomes will not decimate the Priest class! So, yes, nerfing two very OP tomes will definitely hurt some Priest users. However, I believe the game will be better off with the nerfs than without.

Big praise for the “in combat” changes and Exaltation. It looks like these will add much more depth to strategy in the game, and bring a new twist that we haven’t had the likes of in years.

Bug/issue: The +2 seconds added to pet healing/mp healing lingers even after the IC effect wears off. For example, your 100/100/100 pet heals you with 1 second of IC remaining, and will not heal you again until 2 seconds after IC runs out. This can increase the effective duration of IC by anywhere from 0 to 1.99999 seconds, which I assume is unintended.

But there are, and we’ve given all these statements to you over and over in other threads you’ve derailed, but sometimes it just feels like you’re sitting there screaming “I’m right, you’re wrong!” over and over again with your ears plugged. If you want the evidence, go back and check any of those threads, as we’ve grown tired of repeating ourselves to you.

Stop kill you the game , stop nerf pet and other , you touch the heart of your game
End of this game if you nerf , the game is good now , nobody say change the game stop that now

Read the post again.

There’s bonuses for exalting all classes of one weapon/armour type. I want to know what happens to an unlocked bonus when a new class comes out.

Nice realmeye

[rude first post - Shatter]

I’d like to give some background on my(Shatters discord) post individually; I don’t speak for the rest of the posts.

My post was meant to take more of a neutral stance and just put the information out there that with the new adaptive HP scaling system, bosses will have around 3x the hp with 65 people in the dungeon that they would have had compared to now. I know many people were aware of this because the only indication DECA gave about this was a formula, which many, including me, ignored.

LOLFAILZ was probably one of the only people who bothered to actually crunch the numbers, and after seeing the numbers I do agree this formula is a little bit too punishing and needs nerfs; my suggestion is to either nerf the bosses’ base hp by more than 25%, or make the formula less harsh.

I am also aware that other raiding servers took more of a stance that explicitly stated that they didn’t like the changes, and we are looking out for ourselves here, because the raiding servers with more lax requirements may legitimately have trouble completing dungeons under the new system between the massive increase to boss HP and the berserk+damaging nerfs.

Just wanted to clear up some things in case anyone was wondering.

Just buff vit and wis regeneration rate normally and decrease HP/MP heal rate of the pets by the same amount.

not this convoluted IC/OOC system that favor long range/ rogue classes over melee class.

and if the whales aren’t happy with the pet nerf, Deca should compensate them in form of realm gold refund. It’s Deca fault for monetizing worst designed pet system.

Kabam monetized, Deca left it there because it already was there and then gave a bunch of free and better pet food monetizing it less than Kabam did

*keep monetizing
And for more respectable action before nerfing the pet. They should clearly announce that pet will get tone down for like 6 months before the patch hit the public server.

So that whales can evaluate their mandatory investment

Update, Deca actually made a form. (Reddit post and the official form link as well)

Idk about you guys but I’ve known decas been wanting to change pets for years(shortly after they took over). Also they told us over a year ago they were doing this. And I’ve been expecting a pet nerf since they came out.

Lastly I played 6 hours of testing yesterday people have grossly over reacted to this update Game feels the same. Just can’t face tank.

Yes, we encourage everyone with in-depth thoughts to use the feedback form too! Everything in this thread is being personally read as well.

Just please be careful not to give in to the extreme community outrage when it comes to nerfing pets and steamrolling. Most of the “criticisms” don’t even know the details of the changes or give a reason why they’re bad beyond surface level increased difficulty.

On another note, why didn’t you announce the increased drop rates here to try to make less people pissed?