PT: Vital Combat & Exaltations

In all due respect, I should probably keep my mouth shut, because at least one of them is still open, and if I mention them, people might revive them. Even if I don’t have to read them, I don’t want to promote toxic behavior! :3
(Sorry, I probably shouldn’t have mentioned “places“ to accidentally pique curiosity. Curse my shallow foresight)

LMFAOO, if only people understood this concept man. Everyone is complaining that Lost Halls and Shatters will be so much harder for NEW players when they enter their washed up discord, as if new players were meant to immediately start doing Lost Halls and disregard playing the game the ACTUAL way. Of course there is the argument there is no right way to play the game, but that is a faulty statement when it comes to new players. There are dungeons based off of difficulty for a reason. There is a tutorial for new players for a reason. All these people are just brainwashed by the discords they are in.

Kinda cringe that you think large groups fighting bosses with astronomical health while having group DPS nerfed is a BAD thing. This is just discord steamrolling mentality. Please clean up that sort of mentality when playing this game.

I agreed with everything youve said in that thread except for this part. Its unfair to call everyone who is supporting DECA or this update in particular an “asskisser”. I wont lie that there are people who do see no wrong in stuff that DECA does that is completely wrong and extremely foolish. They are all up in arms for DECA no matter what they do, but that is fair on them as DECA has done much good for the game, more than the companies before, in a shorter amount of time. This is most likely why those people support DECA so much and I can understand that. I can tell you are in support of this update as am I, of course many things must be tweaked and balanced out much more fairly before it is implemented fully, but we are here on the forums discussing this civally because on Reddit, there are “asskissers” who will not see anything wrong at all with this update and will come at you for criticizing the parts that are wrong in this update, but there are also people on Reddit who absolutely will turn against you and crucify you for saying anything good and supporting DECA.

I’ve been seeing so many people say exactly this statement, but this seems like you’ve been told that and are just repeating it, lol which seems directly against the idea you’re trying to suggest those who disagree with you are “sheep” or something. I have never joined a discord raiding group, I’m not brainwashed, and I think that dismissive argument is on the same level of my slip up calling players butt-kissers.

Anyhow that statement is ridiculous and people should have an open mind, realize that many many players of this game do play very differently, and the whole discord raiding thing is not a big deal to a lot of people… (everyone has their own opinions here man)

Edited slightly

Not a fan of the Pet nerf. I feel for the people that put money into their pets and the nerf doesn’t feel right because of that.

Priest Nerf

• I am really mixed on the nerf. Never really been a fan of the priest mostly because I am a solo player and the Priest has never really been very fun. His best role is survivability (is that a word?).
  • I understand the reason for getting rid of the group Puri to stop the steam rolling specially in the end game dungeons with discord. The raid leader can direct Puri and other buffs to get the group through bypassing the game mechanics.
  • DECA has changed the priest to a solo class not a support class with the Puri Nerf, the Tome cool down as well has the reduction in the healing. When playing Priest I will be careful activating heal making sure that I use it when I need it while being very mindful of the cool down. The “Heal Pleasers” can rot and die and I won’t feel bad.
  • Like many others in this thread I think that DECA has gone too far with the 3 second cool down and the healing nerf.
  • The wand buff makes sense but with the Pet nerf, Tome cool downs and the Healing nerf I think that the Priest has lost his charm.
  • The Priest could be saved by changing the Tome cool down to 1 or 1.5 seconds. Make the Healing nerf for the group but give the max heal to the priest. Keeping the group Puri nerf.
  • DECA you have to make people want to play the Priest, not just use it to unlock classes then forget about it.

Yea I 100% agree with this, hopefully one of the devs see this comment and take the math you did into consideration because I do agree that the total time to achieve the exaltations will take 1333 days/4 years is absurd. I understand that their intention isn’t to achieve all of the buffs across all the characters so easily but they do have to take into consideration of how bothersome and repetitive and excruciating this content may get especially if there is a huge setback when dying regardless of the generous checkpoints.

Hello I played on ur test server and the game was still quite boring I am unsure if balance is currently the actual detriment to what makes this game continually enjoyable. BTW u may have buffed wand of geb but it is still the same DPS as a T6 wand with only downsides, despite it being an expensive rare drop. You should not work on design problems like these only from the top down because a lot of the reason people leave is the sum of minutia. And confuse.

You cannot deny that they are being manipulated when most of these discords have made announcements trying to convince their members that these updates will be detrimental to their lifestyle and ruin the “discord community” if this update goes through. Also, Its not a big deal to a lot of people because the majority of the community is based around the whole discording raiding lmfao.

I’ve only seen a big discord with the exact opposite announcement, basically an announcement that was word for word what you were saying “all these people are brainwashed”

What is the point you are trying to make? You stated that I seem like I’ve just been echoing a statement that has been told to me by some discord and those who disagree with me are sheep. That is different from the statement I made which is that people are being manipulated by the discords they are in to think that this update is a bad thing and will affect their gameplay heavily. I see this as brainwashing because of course these discords want to try and sway their members to be against this update because it would ruin the efficiency of their raiding and would deter many players from joining their big groups when they could and should play in smaller groups or with their guilds The whole discord raiding thing isn’t a big deal as it may seem, but it is definitely not something that should be supported. I think these players should make up their own decision after taking many things into account and experiencing testing for themself, without having any sort of biased opinions from the discord servers they have nested in for so long

My point is everyone has their own opinion on this. Just because people think it is bad does not mean they read any announcement in any discord channel about this. I’d also encourage anyone hosting discord channels to not make persuasive announcements about these in-game updates or otherwise, let people discuss and make their own opinions.

I think a lot of players jumped onto the forums and posted for the first time, just after reading the developer announcement, without any background interference to their thoughts.

I’m new at this game, and I feel that they will nerf my rare pet more than they nerf the divines pets…
cause my pet does not give me the fantasy to stay in front of any monster safely…
but I will receive the same nerf? it does not look fair.
maybe it could be a good thing to stay me away from this game

Your pet will be nerfed via the in combat system.

this whole system is being put in place to encourage and demand better play while also minimizing the ridiculous gap between a rare/legend pet and a divine pet.

vit and wis are being doubled to further reduce that gap.

Totally agree

What ridiculous gap? It’s like 29hp per max. The system certainly hurts lower level pets more and has an insane lean toward classes that max at high vit.

The gap is still the same the pet heal ability scales exponentially while they are nerfing pets linearly by adding 3 seconds to every pet rarity.

Exaltations
Just don’t make it rely ONLY on dungeon completions. This benefits key pops (and hence discord runs) much more and with the current numbers will almost guarantee even more players hopping into discords to get at least the first few tiers of each exaltation stat, regardless of adaptive HP scaling & IC/OOC. Instead, add a variety of challenges or goals to provide a more interactive and enjoyable experience (e.g. complete a dungeon in x seconds, complete dungeon without taking damage, solo/duo/trio a dungeon etc).

Vital Combat
The Indicator should NOT be a small icon in the center of the UI above the fame bar. No one has the time to click on it to check how they are being affected by IC/OOC when they are encountering enemies, let alone fighting a boss. Shooting will also close the indicator tab, making it pointless. However it will be implemented, this information should be just as easily visible as your HP and MP bars, or the heroes quest display. It would also be nice to gauge how the Healing status effect actually affects the actual vit regeneration percentage shown in the indicator.

Tomes
I actually like the majority of changes. I found the Tome of Pain much more effective at crowd control and dealing damage, but wish it had a lower cooldown. Also, the Tome of Purification needs to somehow provide the Purify effect or something similar to the group, because it is otherwise subpar to the Tome of Protection in most scenarios. Maybe it could have a tiny purify radius separate from healing, or target x amount of players. The Tome of Geb has an amazing 6s speedy, but the very low heal and the very high MP cost is too punishing on the player, especially with IC already hindering wis & vit regen. The 3s cooldown forces you to care about the timing of your ability use, which feels slightly too long, but otherwise functions decently. 2s cooldown is probably better. Tome of Protection currently provides 4 vit. Why not make it provide 5 to reduce IC by 0.2s?

Max HP Increase
It’s useless when soloing, somewhat useful in a group and excels with a priest/necro. Since the Paladin can no longer provide instant HP, his survivability suffers and he usually takes damage faster than his Healing effect can regenerate health. I believe that Seals should grant a portion of instant health to its user but not the party. I also found myself enjoying Paladin less overall.

Seal of Blasphemous Prayer
The 1.6s base invulnerability (which can be boosted by wis) will enable you to very easily achieve OOC. It was very fun to use, but I have a feeling it might be overpowered considering how IC/OOC works.

Feedback for Future PT Sessions
Include wis/vit/def building items in the shop. I want to figure out just how effective abilities can truly be with the highest wis stat possible, and how much time of IC can be shaved off by the highest achievable vit stat. If exaltations are being tested again in the next session, let us be able to activate/deactive certain features such as armor proficiency, so we can gauge just how much the difference between 1/5 (0.2s total reduction) and 5/5 (3s total reduction) will impact players in dungeons and the realm.

From my understanding, your pet gives about 39 hp every 2 seconds currently (about 164 vit). With the current proposed system, vital combat reduces it to 39 hp every 4 seconds, halving it (to 82 vit). It also approximately halves your pet’s mp regeneration. (this is only while in combat, outside of combat your healing will be greater than it is now)

For a maxed divine pet they recieve 90hp per second. With vital combat, this is reduced to 90 hp per three seconds, so their pet’s abilities are thirded, rather than halved. Ignoring other stuff I can safely say that you will feel less difference with your pet than they will, so they are getting (relatively) nerfed more than you.

All numbers I am pulling out of this spreadsheet here. I don’t think its out of date but if it is someone correct me.

Actually, I think the indicators for 0.2/0.4/etc… were the cumulative decrement for IC, meaning that the total reduction would be 1 second…though I’m not 100% positive on that >_<

It used to have an icon indicator akin to a status effect, but that was removed during this PT session (although in reality, it was just made invisible; you could see that, while you were afflicted with a status effect during IC, it would be offset slightly). I personally like the yellow outline on your character’s healthbar alongside the downwards arrow on your side UI’s healthbar, though players playing without those former healthbars enabled are definitely at a disadvantage.
Maybe a toggle for the status effect icon could be implemented to circumvent this?

I don’t have a lot to say on this, other than agreeing with the points made in this thread. Puri’s just a victim of needing to balance an extremely powerful mechanic…

Though ngl, it’s very nice to see how much discussion this PT has stirred up. Good to see the community take a closer look at game mechanics, and always nice to see their thoughts on it all /w\